• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft II : Chat

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, these rankings will be worthless when I start breaking down individual matchups. For this, I just eyeballed a quick point system, Lineup max 10, Bench 5, Rotation 10 and Bullpen 8. Perfect score would be 33. Obviously, I think everyone did an awesome job

UK, Ritz-32
Milk, 500- 31
Jeffro, Nos, Smitty, WLK-30

I know that looks like a cop out, but that's how close it looks. Point here or there from an 8 way tie. Great job

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do them, but don't hold me to them on the votes. They are all so close, once I look at them, 8 may beat 1. I'll just give it the eye test on rankings, still crazy hard

Fully agree. On paper/eye test all look great but when you put them side by side during a matchup everything changes. I'm curious when Jeffro realized he drafted all righty starting pitchers and if he did it on purpose. What I mean is did he go best pitcher on board no mater righty or lefty or just didn't realize they all were righties. He has a great team and his pitchers are great just stinks that they are all the same. It really sucks he is facing me first round because most of my starters and bench hitters are lefties. I got so lucky on that because I wasn't following my hitters if they were lefty or righty only pitching.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully agree. On paper/eye test all look great but when you put them side by side during a matchup everything changes. I'm curious when Jeffro realized he drafted all righty starting pitchers and if he did it on purpose. What I mean is did he go best pitcher on board no mater righty or lefty or just didn't realize they all were righties. He has a great team and his pitchers are great just stinks that they are all the same. It really sucks he is facing me first round because most of my starters and bench hitters are lefties. I got so lucky on that because I wasn't following my hitters if they were lefty or righty only pitching.
Nos brought up the same thing when I asked his thoughts about DHing Manny or Raffy. I started to switch to Raffy for a 4th left handed stick, but Manny, like Pujoles, cream righty pitching. Plus, it's nice to have that big lefty stick available to PH in a big moment IMO:noidea:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos brought up the same thing when I asked his thoughts about DHing Manny or Raffy. I started to switch to Raffy for a 4th left handed stick, but Manny, like Pujoles, cream righty pitching. Plus, it's nice to have that big lefty stick available to PH in a big moment IMO:noidea:

Sounds like a player on my roster Mr. October. When you need a big hit, in a crucial moment then you wake up Reggie Jackson from his sleep to come in and blast a big bomb.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think it would be a mistake to do the rankings then play 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5 because that might change how people do their rankings. Maybe not, I don't know. This is something we can talk about though.

I always feel playoff matchups should be random

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we positng our rankings here?? or should it be private??

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have me, then a 7 way tie for last...:noidea:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always feel playoff matchups should be random

I feel having the first pick in the draft is a advantage and having last pick is a disadvantage so why should 1vs8 be fair (which could happen if it's random) If you do it 1vs2, 3vs4 and so on you have the closest to being fair because they draft right after each other and not a large gap between picks. The draft order is random but the playoff matchup goes by draft order because it keeps things even I feel. We would see a even bigger disadvantage if we had more then 8 teams. Let's work on a compromise so everyone is happy. I just don't want us picking names out of a hat to decide playoff matchups. 500 who picked last shouldn't be punished by playing the best team. :idea: How about this: the last person to pick 8th pick in round 1 gets to pick his opponent. Then who ever picked 7th (unless picked to play #8) gets to select his opponent, and so forth. That way your rewarded in a way for having to draft last and you get to select a team you think you have the best chance of beating.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about having a losers bracket for third place... It will add one more round of voting, but who cares...

so the 4 losers from the first round face each other... the 2 winners of the loser bracket face the 2 losers in the 2nd round... and then the 2 winners of the last loser round compete for 3rd place.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel having the first pick in the draft is a advantage and having last pick is a disadvantage so why should 1vs8 be fair (which could happen if it's random) If you do it 1vs2, 3vs4 and so on you have the closest to being fair because they draft right after each other and not a large gap between picks. The draft order is random but the playoff matchup goes by draft order because it keeps things even I feel. We would see a even bigger disadvantage if we had more then 8 teams. Let's work on a compromise so everyone is happy. I just don't want us picking names out of a hat to decide playoff matchups. 500 who picked last shouldn't be punished by playing the best team. :idea: How about this: the last person to pick 8th pick in round 1 gets to pick his opponent. Then who ever picked 7th (unless picked to play #8) gets to select his opponent, and so forth. That way your rewarded in a way for having to draft last and you get to select a team you think you have the best chance of beating.
I haven't looked yet to see who it would be, but we could go off post count, most vs most, least vs least, most vs least. Or go alphabetical, a vs z or a vs b, etc

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My rankings:

1. Milk-
2. Smitty
3. Nos
4. UK
5. ritz
6. 500
7. Jeffro- went so strong on defense, that his offense is way below par
8. WLK

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we going to do the BEST of the leftovers list??

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My rankings:

1. Milk-
2. Smitty
3. Nos
4. UK
5. ritz
6. 500
8. WLK

Dude, you can't be serious. My lineup has three 3,000 hitters at the top of the lineup, and then Ruth, the all-time RBI King, comes to bat. You only have one 3,000 hitter in your whole lineup. My lineup has a career average of .301, while your lineup has a career average of .292. I have 7 players with at least 2400 hits, and of the 2 that don't, Trout is still active and Bench is one of the 2 greatest catchers of all time. You only have 3 players in your lineup that have at least 2400 hits.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My rankings:

1. Milk-
2. Smitty
3. Nos
4. UK
5. ritz
6. 500
8. WLK
You're rankings are your opinion and welcome to them, but the Jeffro comment is absurd. You could make a strong case his offense is better than yours.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're rankings are your opinion and welcome to them, but the Jeffro comment is absurd. You could make a strong case his offense is better than yours.

never said my offense was the best offense...

But I really don't like Jeffro's offense at all... He does have the best 3-4-5... But the rest I think is way below par... Pete rose and Nap lajoie are pretty pad 1-2 punch for this... Pete Rose is a career .375 OBP with moderate speed at best nap lajoie is probably a better lead off than pete rose but he is a career .380 OBP with good speed...

So he is weak at the 1-2 and he is weak at the 8-9...

I actually did not mean to point him out... was going to write a quick sentence for all teams and then got lazy half way... then forgot to erase my quick analysis on jeffro's team... But now that I got called out, I just wanted to defend my opinion...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never said my offense was the best offense...

But I really don't like Jeffro's offense at all... He does have the best 3-4-5... But the rest I think is way below par... Pete rose and Nap lajoie are pretty pad 1-2 punch for this... Pete Rose is a career .375 OBP with moderate speed at best nap lajoie is probably a better lead off than pete rose but he is a career .380 OBP with good speed...

So he is weak at the 1-2 and he is weak at the 8-9...

I actually did not mean to point him out... was going to write a quick sentence for all teams and then got lazy half way... then forgot to erase my quick analysis on jeffro's team... But now that I got called out, I just wanted to defend my opinion...

lol, my 1 & 2 hitters have over 7,500 hits combined. They get on base, which is what I need them to do for Musial, Ruth and Robinson, who are 7th, 2nd and 20th respectively on the all time RBI list. Hell, I even have Cap Anson on my bench, who is 3rd all time in RBI's. Yeah, my 8 & 9 aren't offensive juggernauts, but their defense more than makes up for it. 33 All Star games and 29 Gold Gloves between the two of them don't lie.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2