• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft II : Chat

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to look at specific matchups, and this is my opinion, not staying it as fact. I look at the pitchers hitters

I know we talked about these lineups, but consider this.....
A great All Time hitter might hit .300 for his career. Some are .340, some of these guys were .265 with 400-500 bombs
What % of at bats did they have against these 40 SP's??
Hitters face the #1,2,3,4 and 5 starters, along with the bullpens. That means, they might face a #1 starter in 16-17% of their at bats. BUT, these are the top 40 start.....over 100 years, that's an average of one of the top 4 pitchers in a Decade. What's the % a hitter will see THAT guy? 5%? Less?
Now imagine 100% of his AB's came against pitchers that strong. What's that .300 average? .250? Maybe? What's the .270 guy? .230?
I factor dominance of pitcher, batting average of hitter(obp not as much, less walks), power, speed, lefty/righty in the rotation, pen, lineup and bench. Strikeout %,of hitters facing K's per inning pitcher. I think you have to go that far to determine a winner amongst such GreTchen teams

there are actually a couple teams i think are not as good as others... but the better ones, i agree, it will be very hard to pick which one is better... would love to hear people defend their opinions...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to look at how you put your batting order together? I also like to make sure you have a good mix of left/right. I have never really paid attention to speed in these and I've made it well known why but i'm changing my way of thinking in this one in regards to base running and speed. I usually already know the stats of most of the guys we pick but I do look some up now and again. I have also made it know I tend to lean towards hitters>pitchers but nothing crazy...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to look at how you put your batting order together? I also like to make sure you have a good mix of left/right. I have never really paid attention to speed in these and I've made it well known why but i'm changing my way of thinking in this one in regards to base running and speed. I usually already know the stats of most of the guys we pick but I do look some up now and again. I have also made it know I tend to lean towards hitters>pitchers but nothing crazy...

Nos, do you really know most of these players stats?? to what extent?? I look up players i am even familiar with...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is WLk? I bet he signs on later saying sorry guys my phone died and my son had a ball game which he did awesome in :suds:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a stat nut since I was a kid in the mid 70's. I used to memorize stats from baseball cards.

My mom actually drove me to card auctions when I was a kid, I bought a Hank Aaron rookie card when I was 8 years old, don't remember what I paid for it though...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is actually at a game, I text him but nothing back yet...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a stat nut since I was a kid in the mid 70's. I used to memorize stats from baseball cards.

My mom actually drove me to card auctions when I was a kid, I bought a Hank Aaron rookie card when I was 8 years old, don't remember what I paid for it though...

The question do you still have the card and what other greats do you have? I started collecting in 80's when everyone else did so none will help me retirement. I do have lots of Michael Jordan and Shaq rookie cards but once again can't quit my job. Just bought 2 packs of Topps 2015 cards with a few rookies in them that I hope will be the next Mike Trout. Just need to organize and sleeve them one of these days. It's getting overwhelming now. Sorting by team then sleaving it's a never ending battle.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question do you still have the card and what other greats do you have? I started collecting in 80's when everyone else did so none will help me retirement. I do have lots of Michael Jordan and Shaq rookie cards but once again can't quit my job. Just bought 2 packs of Topps 2015 cards with a few rookies in them that I hope will be the next Mike Trout. Just need to organize and sleeve them one of these days. It's getting overwhelming now. Sorting by team then sleaving it's a never ending battle.

For most of my childhood I collected all cards (Star Wars cards, KISS cards, Charles Angels cards, Elvis Presley cards, Hockey, Basketball, Football) But baseball cards are the ones I cared about. I had some good ones. Henry Aaron, Willie Mays, Rod Carew and many others. As i'm sure you know only the rookie cards are worth anything for the most part. I gave all my baseball cards to my sister in case she ever needed money for anything.

I was also a beer can collector, also gave those to my sister I had some really valuable cans...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My shortstops. Not to shabby
upload_2015-6-20_20-54-35.jpeg

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nos, can you swap Gary carter with Harmon Killebrew

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking hate my laptop. I just wrote a 7 page novel on my team and how I feel my power hitters and my team will be unfairly judged because of guys being one-sided on small ball. Damn laptop froze and deleted it all. I calculate my starters have a total of 3,793 homeruns. That's a average of 421.4 per batter. (saving) My point I am trying to make is why do I need to have a player get on first, then a guy to advance him, then have a player try to hit a homerun when I have guys to skip steps 1&2. I have guys who get on base plus lots of power. I don't have speed you say well what speed do you need when trotting around the bases after a homerun. I'm building a bench with speed so later I have pinch runners. (saving) Now we all draft and see things differently and that's why these drafts are sooo much fun and disappointing at times. You can have the best team in your eyes and in real life if they played but its all in the hands of the other participants views and opinions. We have some very knowledgeable sport guys and hearing everyones input during the playoffs is a blast. The arguments and passion everyone gives makes co-running this forum so enjoyable. Thank you all for being so active. You guys rock. :suds:

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Ritz...

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking hate my laptop. I just wrote a 7 page novel on my team and how I feel my power hitters and my team will be unfairly judged because of guys being one-sided on small ball. Damn laptop froze and deleted it all. I calculate my starters have a total of 3,793 homeruns. That's a average of 421.4 per batter. (saving) My point I am trying to make is why do I need to have a player get on first, then a guy to advance him, then have a player try to hit a homerun when I have guys to skip steps 1&2. I have guys who get on base plus lots of power. I don't have speed you say well what speed do you need when trotting around the bases after a homerun. I'm building a bench with speed so later I have pinch runners. (saving) Now we all draft and see things differently and that's why these drafts are sooo much fun and disappointing at times. You can have the best team in your eyes and in real life if they played but its all in the hands of the other participants views and opinions. We have some very knowledgeable sport guys and hearing everyones input during the playoffs is a blast. The arguments and passion every gives makes co-running this forum so enjoyable. Thank you all for being so active. You guys rock. :suds:

Probably because home runs against these pitchers will not come as easy

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal Ripken grounded into more double plays than anyone who ever played.
Reggie Jackson has more strikeouts than anyone who ever played. Jim Thome is 2nd.

Just gotta get that out in case i'm lucky enough to play you in round 2 :suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking hate my laptop. I just wrote a 7 page novel on my team and how I feel my power hitters and my team will be unfairly judged because of guys being one-sided on small ball. Damn laptop froze and deleted it all. I calculate my starters have a total of 3,793 homeruns. That's a average of 421.4 per batter. (saving) My point I am trying to make is why do I need to have a player get on first, then a guy to advance him, then have a player try to hit a homerun when I have guys to skip steps 1&2. I have guys who get on base plus lots of power. I don't have speed you say well what speed do you need when trotting around the bases after a homerun. I'm building a bench with speed so later I have pinch runners. (saving) Now we all draft and see things differently and that's why these drafts are sooo much fun and disappointing at times. You can have the best team in your eyes and in real life if they played but its all in the hands of the other participants views and opinions. We have some very knowledgeable sport guys and hearing everyones input during the playoffs is a blast. The arguments and passion every gives makes co-running this forum so enjoyable. Thank you all for being so active. You guys rock. :suds:
So long as you look at teams that do have speed, and also have more power in the same fashion, I'm cool with you tooting your own horn.

:)

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal Ripken grounded into more double plays than anyone who ever played.
Reggie Jackson has more strikeouts than anyone who ever played. Jim Thome is 2nd.

Just gotta get that out in case i'm lucky enough to play you in round 2 :suds:

I'm fine with having Reggie, Thome or Big Sloppi in a vacuum but all three together just seems redundant. Pretty much all the same player.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with having Reggie, Thome or Big Sloppi in a vacuum but all three together just seems redundant. Pretty much all the same player.

That's what I told him when he was asking about them... All great players though...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's wrong with 3 good similar players. Charlize Theron, Sarah Underwood, and Jessica Alba are all similar (blonde, hot, skinny) and I wouldn't mind having all 3 at the same time.