• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mlb draft

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right. I was referring to Ruf on the Phillies under Amaro as GM. In the eyes of this phillies management, Ruf is not and never will be a full timer. Unless he gets traded soon or Amaro gets fired, Ruf's time is running out.

Exactly! Amaro is the real problem with this team. He constantly blocks young players from getting the opportunity to play on a regular basis. He wants guys to be proven by his old ways of evaluation. Our stats man is simply a figurehead and has little say so. Until Amaro is gone most minor leaguers will only be called up due to injuries.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Northeast, typical Amaro with everything backwards. Sends down guys like Ruf who are ready to continue with their major league careers and then brings a guy up too early to cover Amaro's own stupidity.

All the scouting reports I have read estimate that Nola's best case scenario is to bring him up in about a year as Number One suggested. In both cases, the result is the same. Amaro destroys careers by his incredible incompetence and boneheadedness.

I realize that Nola is 1 or 2 years away from the Big league. However if I was the GM I would bring him up this year. Since we are not headed any where it will do no harm. Nola could get some valuable experience in his development. It is also possible that he might do well in the very beginning. His pitch count would be limited of course but he can build strength as he goes. Sometimes we need to go against the grain and see what happens. Going by the book is often boring!