• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Bucket Draft : CHAT

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has bent any rules, you simply dont understand a rule.

It was our fault for not really making the trading rules make sense for the buckets... I assumed when we said player trades were allowed that it wouldn't affect the actual draft... For example, once a bucket 6 player is taken, that player loses his bucket 6 value and now is just a player on the team...

But since we didn't hash it out first, we had to go by the standard of the the first trade... and by those rules I agree with NOS here...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has bent any rules, you simply dont understand a rule.
At the end of this draft, Ritz is gonna have 6 players on his roster from Bucket 2. That's fair according to you. If my original trade went through. I would have had 5 players from Bucket 2. But that isn't allowed. No, I don't understand at all

Either way, Smittty accepted Larkin 2 I'm deal. Done

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of this draft, Ritz is gonna have 6 players on his roster from Bucket 2. That's fair according to you. If my original trade went through. I would have had 5 players from Bucket 2. But that isn't allowed. No, I don't understand at all

Either way, Smittty accepted Larkin 2 I'm deal. Done

Again you are not looking at this the right way. It has nothing to do with how many players you have per bucket, you can literally have 15 bucket 2 picks if you traded with other teams and added an addition 11 bucket 2 picks to your team.

Stop thinking about this as a limit in a bucket. Once a player is drafted he does NOT lose his bucket, for instance Sandy Koufax is still a bucket 2 player, if he is traded the team getting Koufax in the trade must have a bucket 2 pick left to accept him in a deal, i'm honestly shocked you don't understand this.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you are not looking at this the right way. It has nothing to do with how many players you have per bucket, you can literally have 15 bucket 2 picks if you traded with other teams and added an addition 11 bucket 2 picks to your team.

Stop thinking about this as a limit in a bucket. Once a player is drafted he does NOT lose his bucket, for instance Sandy Koufax is still a bucket 2 player, if he is traded the team getting Koufax in the trade must have a bucket 2 pick left to accept him in a deal, i'm honestly shocked you don't understand this.
I do understand, it's just Bullshit. If you can't trade an already drafted player for an already drafted player because you'd have one evtra pick in bucket 2, then all the traded that have given people 5 or even 6 Bucket 2's shouldn't be allowed. No one one is fair if the other isn't. As I said, Larkin is included. Lets drop it

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can not trade for a player say babe Ruth if you don't have a bucket 1 to spend on him. There is no rule saying you can only have 4 per bucket. I have no bucket 1's left meaning I can't trade for a player who is a bucket 1. We are talking about two separate things. UK is just missing the topic which isn't his fault just a miscommunication. I'm a teacher trust me people have different ways of viewing/understanding things.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do understand, it's just Bullshit. If you can't trade an already drafted player for an already drafted player because you'd have one evtra pick in bucket 2, then all the traded that have given people 5 or even 6 Bucket 2's shouldn't be allowed. No one one is fair if the other isn't. As I said, Larkin is included. Lets drop it

I'm not dropping it because you are mad at something you are obviously not understanding. I'm not sure whats so hard about understanding in order to accept a player in a trade you must have a pick left in said players bucket. Everything else you are talking about makes zero sense.

Using your logic why have buckets at all if we can just have a player on our team and not have him assigned a correct bucket...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can not trade for a player say babe Ruth if you don't have a bucket 1 to spend on him. There is no rule saying you can only have 4 per bucket. I have no bucket 1's left meaning I can't trade for a player who is a bucket 1. We are talking about two separate things. UK is just missing the topic which isn't his fault just a miscommunication. I'm a teacher trust me people have different ways of viewing/understanding things.
I'm not missing a f'ing thing. One loophole is ok, the other isn't. I've already traded another player to make the thing work, what else is there

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not dropping it because you are mad at something you are obviously not understanding. I'm not sure whats so hard about understanding in order to accept a player in a trade you must have a pick left in said players bucket. Everything else you are talking about makes zero sense.

Using your logic why have buckets at all if we can just have a player on our team and not have him assigned a correct bucket...
Holy freaking cow. You were right, I was wrong, the trade is fixed my bad

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not missing a f'ing thing. One loophole is ok, the other isn't. I've already traded another player to make the thing work, what else is there

That's it I quit I was yelled at and my feelings are hurt :D

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Loophole? There is no loophole.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy freaking cow. You were right, I was wrong, the trade is fixed my bad

No sense getting all pissy about it. I'm simply trying to help you understand something you aren't understanding.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not complaining or anything, but don't I only need TWO #5's, since I already had Molitor and traded Gwynn? I needed one, but now I need three according to my team dealy.

No objection to whatever it ends up, just curious as we move forward.

Thank you for keeping all this shit straight Nos.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This feels like a more aggressive version of the conversation me and wlk had earlier.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not complaining or anything, but don't I only need TWO #5's, since I already had Molitor and traded Gwynn? I needed one, but now I need three according to my team dealy.

No objection to whatever it ends up, just curious as we move forward.

Thank you for keeping all this shit straight Nos.

When you traded Gwynn you got back the bucket 5 pick you used to draft him.