• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MJ supporting Kobe

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ou realize that LeBron hasn't even turned 30 yet.

Dude, he will be thirty next week.

Stop it.

You started all this with your Anti-Kobe post.

I hate that fool.

But, to say that MJ is catering to Kobe out of fear of Lebron is sheer lunacy.

rileymartin88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took HIV to get Magic out.

All it took to get Lebron out of the finals was a broken air conditioner.:lol:
Who cares. LeBrons story hasn't been completely written yet.
Magic choked as much or more than LeBron did. 1984 ring a bell? How about 86 when the Lakers choked against the Rockets? How about those 90 lakers that choked against the Suns lol?

rileymartin88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, he will be thirty next week.

Stop it.

You started all this with your Anti-Kobe post.

I hate that fool.

But, to say that MJ is catering to Kobe out of fear of Lebron is sheer lunacy.

No it isn't.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic was supposed to beat Larry every time because he always had the superior team. The fact that Bird was able to pull off 3 titles during Magic's era says it all.
Jordan was very lucky that Bird had a bad back, or he may have only won once or twice.

Yes, after all, Bird was surrounded by stiffs like Robert Parrish, Dennis Johnson, Kevin McHale, Gerald Henderson and Bill Walton. Damn, if only the Celtics could have gotten him some help.

How did they ever win a game?

Btw, 2 of the 3 times that Magic and Bird met in the NBA finals, the Celtics had home court advantage and were favored to win the series. Please tell us again about how long you've been watching basketball.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic choked as much or more than LeBron did. 1984 ring a bell? How about 86 when the Lakers choked against the Rockets? How about those 90 lakers that choked against the Suns lol?

Ralph Sampson hit an amazing shot. Total fluke that fired the Lakers up to become the best team in the history of basketball.

rileymartin88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, after all, Bird was surrounded by stiffs like Robert Parrish, Dennis Johnson, Kevin McHale, Gerald Henderson and Bill Walton. Damn, if only the Celtics could have gotten him some help.

How did they ever win a game?

Btw, 2 of the 3 times that Magic and Bird met in the NBA finals, the Celtics had home court advantage and were favored to win the series. Please tell us again about how long you've been watching basketball.

I never said Larry wasnt surrounded by talent, but, you are a flat out liar if you say that he had more talent than Magic had. Kareem alone is worth any 2 players Bird ever played with.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yet, Magic has 5 rings and Lebron has 2. Magic has a winning record in the finals and Lebron has a losing record in the finals.

But hey, I don't want to diss Lebron too much. My wife says those menstrual cramps can be very painful.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Larry wasnt surrounded by talent, but, you are a flat out liar if you say that he had more talent than Magic had. Kareem alone is worth any 2 players Bird ever played with.

If the Lakers had so much more talent, why were the Celtics favored in 2 of the 3 finals they faced each other in?

rileymartin88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, Magic has 5 rings and Lebron has 2. Magic has a winning record in the finals and Lebron has a losing record in the finals.

But hey, I don't want to diss Lebron too much. My wife says those menstrual cramps can be very painful.

Magic was 5-4 in the NBA Finals despite being on the better team EVERY time. Not only that, but there were a few times when he was on the best team and didnt get his team to the finals.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sir, the level of competition was insane in that era. Lebron has not had to face that type of opposition until he has reached the finals and it hasn't turned out very well for him.

If you want to exclude the level of competition argument, lets just use simple arithmetic.

Jordan 6-0

Kobe 5-2

Magic 5-4

Lebron 2-3

rileymartin88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sir, the level of competition was insane in that era. Lebron has not had to face that type of opposition until he has reached the finals and it hasn't turned out very well for him.

If you want to exclude the level of competition argument, lets just use simple arithmetic.

Jordan 6-0

Kobe 5-2

Magic 5-4

Lebron 2-3

Funny that when you want to use simple arithmetic, you exclude Bill Russell.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic was supposed to beat Larry every time because he always had the superior team. The fact that Bird was able to pull off 3 titles during Magic's era says it all.
Jordan was very lucky that Bird had a bad back, or he may have only won once or twice.

Revisionist History much?

You act like Bird played with the Washington Generals:gaah:.

Boston Celtics

As successful as the L.A. Lakers were in the 1980s, the Boston Celtics were not far behind. Behind a crew led by future Hall of Famers Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Dennis Johnson and Robert Parish, the Celtics won three championships and were in five Finals that decade. Other than a surprising dip to 42 wins in 1988-89, the Celtics won 60 or more games five times and never had less than 52 wins in a season. That success, coupled with regular matchups with the Lakers in The Finals, helped the lore of the Celtics -- and the NBA, too -- grow exponentially in the 1980s.

Throwback Thursday: Best Teams of 1980s

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that when you want to use simple arithmetic, you exclude Bill Russell.

I don't remember you using Bill in your Original post about Jordan being afraid:noidea:.

The debate was between Kobe/Jordan/Bron.

But, since you are getting smoked, feel free to bring in Horry, Sam Jones, Havlicek etc..

Ps. Will Perdue has more rings than Lebron....so, yeah:lol:

Rings are the determining factor when all other things are equal.

Jordan > Bron all other things

Jordan > Kobe > Bron rings.

rileymartin88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revisionist History much?

You act like Bird played with the Washington Generals:gaah:.

Boston Celtics

As successful as the L.A. Lakers were in the 1980s, the Boston Celtics were not far behind. Behind a crew led by future Hall of Famers Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Dennis Johnson and Robert Parish, the Celtics won three championships and were in five Finals that decade. Other than a surprising dip to 42 wins in 1988-89, the Celtics won 60 or more games five times and never had less than 52 wins in a season. That success, coupled with regular matchups with the Lakers in The Finals, helped the lore of the Celtics -- and the NBA, too -- grow exponentially in the 1980s.

Throwback Thursday: Best Teams of 1980s

Stop it lol.

No matter how much you try and deflect, in no way, shape, or form did Larry have as good a team as Magic had lol. Again, KAJ alone is better than almost everyone Larry played with combined.
You lose alot of credibility with this sham of an angle.

rileymartin88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember you using Bill in your Original post about Jordan being afraid:noidea:.

The debate was between Kobe/Jordan/Bron.

But, since you are getting smoked, feel free to bring in Horry, Sam Jones, Havlicek etc..

Ps. Will Perdue has more rings than Lebron....so, yeah:lol:

Rings are the determining factor when all other things are equal.

Jordan > Bron all other things

Jordan > Kobe > Bron rings.

You should pay attention more. I never said Bron was better than Jordan. What I did say is that Kobe will NEVER catch Jordan. Explain how that is me being "smoked"?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic was 5-4 in the NBA Finals despite being on the better team EVERY time. Not only that, but there were a few times when he was on the best team and didnt get his team to the finals.

Wow and you had the audacity to question how long Mecca has watched basketball. Here's a little history for you.

Of the 3 times that the Lakers played the 76ers in the finals, the 76ers were favored twice.

Of the 3 times that the Lakers played the Celtics in the finals, the Celtics were favored twice.

Of the 2 times that the Lakers faced the Detroit Pistons in the finals, the Pistons were favored once.

The one time that the Lakers faced the MJ led Bulls in the finals, not only were the Bulls favored, the Lakers weren't even expected to make it out of the West that season.

So, out of Magic's 9 finals appearances, his team was favored 3 times, yet they won 5 times. Please tell us more about how long you've been watching basketball.

Last edited by a moderator: