• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've been saying this since last year's 2nd round against Portland...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...that the Nuggets' offense becomes too predictable and collapses on Jokic and Murray in crunch time situations. Sad that it took 22-year-old MPJ to come out and say it.

Nuggets rookie Michael Porter Jr. questions play-calling in second half of Game 4: 'I didn't touch the ball'

"I just didn't touch the ball," Porter said, via The Denver Post. "(The Clippers) didn't do anything different."

"I mean, that's really up to the play calls, that's really up to the coaches, who they want to put the ball in whose hands. We kept going to Jokic and 'Mal, and they're two amazing players, you can never get mad at that. But I just think to beat that team, we gotta get more players involved, we gotta move the ball a little bit better. We can't be predictable against that team.

"If I'm gonna be out there on the floor playing a lot of minutes, I think I should voice that (concern). I'll probably talk to the coaches, just tell them what I see being out there on the floor. Just letting them know, 'Look, they know what we're doing.' Like, we gotta swing the ball. We've got a lot of players who can play basketball and score. We gotta get some more guys involved
."

Malone figures to hang onto his job at this point, but as the supporting cast figures to improve in the years ahead, Denver is not going be able to justify being so predictable in crunch time situations for very much longer.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...that the Nuggets' offense becomes too predictable and collapses on Jokic and Murray in crunch time situations. Sad that it took 22-year-old MPJ to come out and say it.

Nuggets rookie Michael Porter Jr. questions play-calling in second half of Game 4: 'I didn't touch the ball'

"I just didn't touch the ball," Porter said, via The Denver Post. "(The Clippers) didn't do anything different."

"I mean, that's really up to the play calls, that's really up to the coaches, who they want to put the ball in whose hands. We kept going to Jokic and 'Mal, and they're two amazing players, you can never get mad at that. But I just think to beat that team, we gotta get more players involved, we gotta move the ball a little bit better. We can't be predictable against that team.

"If I'm gonna be out there on the floor playing a lot of minutes, I think I should voice that (concern). I'll probably talk to the coaches, just tell them what I see being out there on the floor. Just letting them know, 'Look, they know what we're doing.' Like, we gotta swing the ball. We've got a lot of players who can play basketball and score. We gotta get some more guys involved
."

Malone figures to hang onto his job at this point, but as the supporting cast figures to improve in the years ahead, Denver is not going be able to justify being so predictable in crunch time situations for very much longer.
There is also the fact that the Clippers are just a better team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

."

Barkley, Shaq and Kenny Smith killed Porter for this yesterday too. You don't say shit like this. Especially when you are in the playoffs, down 3-1, you're basically a rookie and you're not your teams best player.

And as @logic said...the Clippers are better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley, Shaq and Kenny Smith killed Porter for this yesterday too. You don't say shit like this. Especially when you are in the playoffs, down 3-1, you're basically a rookie and you're not your teams best player.

Yeah, I think Porter is spot on in what he is saying.

But, he needs to take his own advice and talk to the coaches about this behind closed doors. Not in the media.

Plays a lot better that way.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with them coming down on him is their argument focused on his defensive liabilities. That's a poor argument, as he's not out there for his defense. If the Nugs are giving him minutes AND not getting him the ball, that's on the coach.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with them coming down on him is their argument focused on his defensive liabilities. That's a poor argument, as he's not out there for his defense. If the Nugs are giving him minutes AND not getting him the ball, that's on the coach.

I disagree. It's about knowing when it's time to talk vs. not time to talk.

They were down 3-1 and he's not even their best player. If he has a concern, he needs to address it in the locker room or with the coaches directly, not on national tv.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MPJ fucked up, plain and simple. And I hope behind closed doors the team crushed him for his selfish comments. He's in no position to be talking like that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MPJ fucked up, plain and simple. And I hope behind closed doors the team crushed him for his selfish comments. He's in no position to be talking like that.

Agreed.

He did make a huge shot in game 5 though.

Still, he needs to keep his mouth shut regarding stuff that needs to be addressed inside the locker room.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

He did make a huge shot in game 5 though.

Still, he needs to keep his mouth shut regarding stuff that needs to be addressed inside the locker room.

There's no doubt he can play. But just like most rookie he's not ready for both ends of the floor yet. I expect that to change with more experience.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also the fact that the Clippers are just a better team.
Well, this post aged poorly.

I do still think the Clippers were the better team, they just forgot to play the full game the last 4. But the result is the same: Clippers gotta Clip.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this post aged poorly.

I do still think the Clippers were the better team, they just forgot to play the full game the last 4. But the result is the same: Clippers gotta Clip.

I said the same. Clippers are still better on paper, but the Nugs were better on the court.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

."

Amazing how everything that comes from hurricane ends up being wrong, despite the odds, despite logic, despite even physics itself. If the op says something, it will inevitably be wrong. A rare gift.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how everything that comes from hurricane ends up being wrong, despite the odds, despite logic, despite even physics itself. If the op says something, it will inevitably be wrong. A rare gift.

We need him to start picking games...So we can bet on the other team lol