• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mizzou unofficially leaving Big 12

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC and ACC already declined WVU's applications. Who else is there to make a 14th other than Mizzou?

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it is. But right now, they will make more money where they are. And stability is not an issue with the contract that the Big 12 has signed for Tier 1 and 2 rights.

This is a chancellor that just a few weeks ago was pledging loyalty and solidarity, and all but BEGGING OU and Texas not to go. And let's not forget the crying they did when they got shitted on by the Big 10 last year.

I'm just so tired of ALL this crap. Mizzou needs to decide WHO they are.....know their role and shut up.

That's how they got the status of the "SHOW ME STATE" :lie:

It's not what they say that matters... "it's what they do"

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC and ACC already declined WVU's applications. Who else is there to make a 14th other than Mizzou?

People "in the know" about WVU were very optimistic that they were about to be accepted by the SEC.

It appears this may have all been an attempt to force Mizzou to act now.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People "in the know" about WVU were very optimistic that they were about to be accepted by the SEC.

It appears this may have all been an attempt to force Mizzou to act now.

Missouri really got egg on their face last year by going public that they wanted to be the team going to the Big Ten and that they were being courted by them. It had been reported that "They self leaked rumors to such things and ended up being shamefully denied".

If they have gone to this status this year after having what happened to them last year in the public eye... and they get left sitting on the curb... I suspect the perception about their institution will suffer even more!

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri is going to the SEC. They wouldn't have done this without knowing they have a home. B1G maybe an outside chance but all the rumors point to the SEC.

West Virginia has probably lost their chance for now. However, in the future they could get an SEC invite if SEC decides to go beyond 14.

Perhaps Slive has a 16 plan scenario with FSU and West Virginia in the East.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wasnt aware of this. Voted on yesterday or something right? I assume Mizzou didnt agree to this? and your right that makes the BIG12 pretty stable (for now). Im still betting Mizzou to the SEC and the BIG12 to come east.

No, weeks ago. Yesterday the vote was to extend it from 6 years to 13.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. The PAC have all but told them they are not wanted WITHOUT Texas. OU and OSU won't be going to the PAC.

Tier 1 and 2 rights being owned by the conference is the ultimate in stability.....because even if you leave, you don't have any tier 1 or 2 rights......so you make no TV revenue. NO conference is taking you without that situation being resolved.

Mizzou has wanted out for years. But stability and money are not the issues on the table.

This is not in effect yet. It has to be approved by each school. The presidents as the board of directors for the Big 12 have approved it but each school must approve it individually.

In Missouri's case it is curators that must and they are looking at their options before locking in for 6 years.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 presidents approve revenue sharing - College Football - Rivals.com

Big 12 revenue-sharing deal sent to schools - San Antonio Express-News

The conference's agreement would last for at least six years, Big 12 interim commissioner Chuck Neinas said Monday. It would be a symbolic indication that the embattled conference will persevere despite losing three members in the past 15 months.

But it is not considered a done deal.

“Each institution has its own protocol and policy,” Neinas said. “And each will have to go through its institutional procedure to get the grant-of-rights approved.”

Read more: Big 12 revenue-sharing deal sent to schools - San Antonio Express-News

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before the Presidents as the board of directors for the B12 approved it but each individual school must approve it to make it official.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before the Presidents as the board of directors for the B12 approved it but each individual school must approve it to make it official.

WHERE have I stated it's a done deal?

It's on the table....and they've discussed making it 13 years instead of 6. OF COURSE every member institution has to AGREE to it, that's why we're waiting on Mizzou.

Do you argue just for the sake of arguing???

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHERE have I stated it's a done deal?

It's on the table....and they've discussed making it 13 years instead of 6. OF COURSE every member institution has to AGREE to it, that's why we're waiting on Mizzou.

Do you argue just for the sake of arguing???

I'm sure it is. But right now, they will make more money where they are. And stability is not an issue with the contract that the Big 12 has signed for Tier 1 and 2 rights.

This is a chancellor that just a few weeks ago was pledging loyalty and solidarity, and all but BEGGING OU and Texas not to go. And let's not forget the crying they did when they got shitted on by the Big 10 last year.

I'm just so tired of ALL this crap. Mizzou needs to decide WHO they are.....know their role and shut up.

Not really. The PAC have all but told them they are not wanted WITHOUT Texas. OU and OSU won't be going to the PAC.

Tier 1 and 2 rights being owned by the conference is the ultimate in stability.....because even if you leave, you don't have any tier 1 or 2 rights......so you make no TV revenue. NO conference is taking you without that situation being resolved.

Mizzou has wanted out for years. But stability and money are not the issues on the table.

I honestly wasnt aware of this. Voted on yesterday or something right? I assume Mizzou didnt agree to this? and your right that makes the BIG12 pretty stable (for now). Im still betting Mizzou to the SEC and the BIG12 to come east.

No, weeks ago. Yesterday the vote was to extend it from 6 years to 13.

I don't argue for the sake of arguing. Like I said before I don't like you because you post false information and when called on it you back off for a while but a week or two later post the same false information again.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't argue for the sake of arguing. Like I said before I don't like you because you post false information and when called on it you back off for a while but a week or two later post the same false information again.

jeezus, it's like talking to a brick wall.

YES, in FACT they did vote to extend it from 6 to 13 years.

And if everyone agrees to the deal, is stability an issue or not? Are you really this anal retentive, and don't understand what's being said? If the conference owns tier 1 and 2 rights, WHY would stability be an issue?

I think it's fairly obvious, whether you like it or not, that my point still stands, and there's nothing false about it.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why are yuo arguing nobody wants a team with no Tier 1 or 2 rights. Why when hunzworth asked when this happened you said a few weeks ago but the vote yesterday was to increase it from 6 to 13 years.

Why would you argue there is stability when it hasn't been approved by the schools?

It might be like talking to a brick wall to you, but it's like talking to a back pedaling Texas fan to me.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why are yuo arguing nobody wants a team with no Tier 1 or 2 rights. Why when hunzworth asked when this happened you said a few weeks ago but the vote yesterday was to increase it from 6 to 13 years.

Why would you argue there is stability when it hasn't been approved by the schools?

It might be like talking to a brick wall to you, but it's like talking to a back pedaling Texas fan to me.

*sigh* lets see if you can figure this out.

This is on the table because it's expected that EVERY school in this conference WILL agree, or find a new conference. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. It's all but a done deal. Mizzou has decided they aren't sure they want to sign up for that long.......they're still pining away for the Big 10.

It's not TECHNICALLY done, but we all know that schools that do not agree will not be a part of this conference.

Geez, it CAN'T be this hard for you to figure out. There would be no point in extending the timetable if this were not all but accepted as going to happen.

You're a smart guy, I shouldn't have to connect all the dots for you. It's simply that you CHOOSE to argue over points not in contention to begin with. Good luck with that, mr neg repper.....

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*sigh* lets see if you can figure this out.

This is on the table because it's expected that EVERY school in this conference WILL agree, or find a new conference. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. It's all but a done deal. Mizzou has decided they aren't sure they want to sign up for that long.......they're still pining away for the Big 10.

It's not TECHNICALLY done, but we all know that schools that do not agree will not be a part of this conference.

Geez, it CAN'T be this hard for you to figure out. There would be no point in extending the timetable if this were not all but accepted as going to happen.

You're a smart guy, I shouldn't have to connect all the dots for you. It's simply that you CHOOSE to argue over points not in contention to begin with. Good luck with that, mr neg repper.....

I have no problem with any of that.

My problem is that you said that nobody wants (not 'will want' - future tense) Misery and that there is (present tense) stability in the conference. The reason for both being they do not have Tier 1 and Tier 2 rights.

When hunzworth who originally said there was no stability and you used this argument you told him it happened a couple of weeks ago.

Your argument does not hold water and it makes no sense for you to make this argument if you knew it was not in place now