• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mizzou unofficially leaving Big 12

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've appointed their president to "explore options" and resigned from the Big 12 board of directors.

Question is, does anybody WANT them? From what I've seen, that answer is a resounding NO.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe UT and OU will form a 2 team conference and play each other 8 times a year

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After what happened to Nebraska in Madison on Saturday, does Missouri really want into the SEC or B1G?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All jokes aside, WHERE would they go? The Big 10 doesn't want them......and the SEC hasn't shown any interest either. The only conference I can think of would be the Big East......but if the Big 12 were to break up, everyone would end up in a better conference than the Big East. Mizzou would only screw themselves out of a better deal. Hard to believe they are this stupid in Mizzou.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All jokes aside, WHERE would they go? The Big 10 doesn't want them......and the SEC hasn't shown any interest either. The only conference I can think of would be the Big East......but if the Big 12 were to break up, everyone would end up in a better conference than the Big East. Mizzou would only screw themselves out of a better deal. Hard to believe they are this stupid in Mizzou.

Makes no sense what so ever. Have you guys been locking them up in a shed when we aren't looking?

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something has to be in the mix... can't see them going through this without a wink... wink offer...

If they are.... wow!

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not according to KU fans...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something has to be in the mix... can't see them going through this without a wink... wink offer...

If they are.... wow!

The question is, WHO would make them an offer?

Mizzou is not that desirable. They aren't great academically, and their sports program is historically the worst in Big 12 history. They don't add much to any conference.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is, WHO would make them an offer?

Mizzou is not that desirable. They aren't great academically, and their sports program is historically the worst in Big 12 history. They don't add much to any conference.

:L

They are an AAU school.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

They are an AAU school.

They have a good journalism school......but they aren't great academically overall. And their athletic program, which is what is driving the bus here, is pretty bad. Add to that they don't capture or control any markets.