• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mizzou hit with postseason ban next year

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what the NCAA's rule states. You don't have to like it, but you're now understanding it.

But quit acting like they didn't do anything wrong. They worked the system and gave shit classes to hundreds of athletes to keep them eligible. UNC makes University of Phoenix look like MIT.

alt1001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But quit acting like they didn't do anything wrong. They worked the system and gave shit classes to hundreds of athletes to keep them eligible.

I'm not acting like anything. This thread was never about morals or ethics or my personal belief on what happened. It's always been about 'why the NCAA didn't do anything' as if they had a choice.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not acting like anything. This thread was never about morals or ethics or my personal belief on what happened. It's always been about 'why the NCAA didn't do anything' as if they had a choice.
At least you can admit that UNC cheated and got away with it on a technicality.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I? Because you still cannot grasp what a technicality/loophole is. :scratch:
No I can grasp what a loop hole is. It’s like paying a players dad $200,000 but all they have to say is the player didn’t know and that’s A-OK.

alt1001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I can grasp what a loop hole is. It’s like paying a players dad $200,000 but all they have to say is the player didn’t know and that’s A-OK.

That's just it, nobody established the record that these courses were set up solely for the purpose of athletics. If they had, there wouldn't have been 2 out of the first 3 years that these courses were offered where NO ATHLETE took them.

Like paying a player, it would have been a different ballgame if they had.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it, nobody established the record that these courses were set up solely for the purpose of athletics. If they had, there wouldn't have been 2 out of the first 3 years that these courses were offered where NO ATHLETE took them.

Like paying a player, it would have been a different ballgame if they had.
But they wouldn’t have played the player, they paid the parent so it’s totally legal.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously have no basic understanding of bylaws and legalities. You are absolutely wrong as you sit here and insinuate that the NCAA should have just made up bylaws to punish UNC. It would have been taken court and the NCAA WOULD HAVE LOST. Get that through your skull.

When SACS deemed the courses would stand, they stood as legally legitimate courses. When the courses were offered to ALL of the general student population, they didn't violate the NCAA's explicitly written rule. The NCAA had no justification within their control. Had they tried, it would have turned into a civil matter that the NCAA had no way of winning.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Just so I’m understanding your stupidity, UNC creates a bunch of bogus classes to help athletes graduate or at least pass for the semester then hides behind the fact that non athletes can take it and it’s not an NCAA issue, but another university has a coach committing heinous crimes and it’s a NCAA issue? Give me a fucking break with that nonsense.

The NCAA has had no jurisdiction in other matters yet that didn’t stop them. Why should it stop them now? UNC even admitted to lying to the SACS. Jesus Christ man. I know your biased but even you can’t be this stupid can you? UNC got off way easy. These paper classes beyond a doubt occurred. Athletes even admitted to them.

What’s so hard for you to understand?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. The NCAA has limited authority on academics as they are an athletic enforcer. They can't overreach into academics that deal with the general student population as the general student population doesn't fall within their control.

It's not contradictory, it's simply that can't extend their reach any further.

No, NCAA doesn’t have limited authority on anything unless UNC is involved. They have no problem overreaching into felonies or more so why should bogus classes be any different? They have no problem extending their reach before.