• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri's black athletes will not take part in any sports

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're mad that Tim Wolfe basically didn't say or do anything to condemn it.

But the original hunger strike goes beyond race, the guy doing it is very upset that they pulled benefits for grad students basically overnight.

It's a wall to wall shitstorm !

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we expect a spike in test scores in the interim?

That's just plain wrong. Funny as hell, but just plain wrong.

And on a side note

LET'S GO RANGERS!

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, got to think this will be settled soon.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prolly won't cancel it, they'll just have to have a "white out"....

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire the coach and cancel the schollys for the players if a game has to be canceled.

If not, the school will then be at the whims and demands of the student protesters and their silly mindset.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire the coach and cancel the schollys for the players if a game has to be canceled.

If not, the school will then be at the whims and demands of the student protesters and their silly mindset.

Not to defend Pinkel because he's a joke, but what does he have to do with this mess. What can he do?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to defend Pinkel because he's a joke, but what does he have to do with this mess. What can he do?
The only issue I'd have with Pinkel here, and this may be what Bayou was getting at too, is if him saying "The Mizzou Family stands as one. We are united. We are behind our players." means he's not participating/coaching too. If that's the case, he can pack his shit too imo. At the very least, suspend his pay if possible.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only choice he has is to back his players.

If he comes out against them (in support of the administration), he will lose his team and will be fired very quickly for not winning any games. If he supports the players, he runs the risk of pissing off the administration, in which case he will be fired. But, if the administration undergoes changes, they can't fire him for supporting a movement that was seen as the correct course of action. But that's only if he is thinking about his job.

The real reason he should side with his players is two-fold. 1) they are his players. If he doesn't stand with them over something they have clearly committed to over heart-felt conviction, then there isn't much to say about him as a man. And 2) he should stand with the players because they are right. This shit-storm of an administration needs to go.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It bothers me that their are racial things happening on campus with nothing being done about it.
I was under the assumption that something was done about one of the students with the swastika.

The University of Missouri is just about the most liberal entity in the whole state. This whole thing seems bizarre to me. Mizzou has done many things to create this environment, too. Remember Michael Dixon getting kicked off campus despite not being charged with anything? Women wanted him gone and he got kicked out. There was actually a discussion recently to ban showing American Sniper because its racist. I think Mizzou should be able to have groups that vocally protest but they should also be held accountable for what they are actually saying and the ramifications of their suggestions. I would hate for Mizzou to be a haven of liberal censorship.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the assumption that something was done about one of the students with the swastika.

The University of Missouri is just about the most liberal entity in the whole state. This whole thing seems bizarre to me. Mizzou has done many things to create this environment, too. Remember Michael Dixon getting kicked off campus despite not being charged with anything? Women wanted him gone and he got kicked out. There was actually a discussion recently to ban showing American Sniper because its racist. I think Mizzou should be able to have groups that vocally protest but they should also be held accountable for what they are actually saying and the ramifications of their suggestions. I would hate for Mizzou to be a haven of liberal censorship.

It would make sense that the student atmosphere there has become activistic considering everything that has surrounded Missouri for a while now. This just seems sort of bitchy, though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make sense that the student atmosphere there has become activistic considering everything that has surrounded Missouri for a while now. This just seems sort of bitchy, though.
I agree about activism. I think their demands are absurd, though. I also think that people should be able to say 'I think American Sniper is racist' and have the forum but to conflate 'racism' with 'systemic racism' is very dangerous.

The reality is that African Americans have systemic racism IN THEIR BENEFIT at the college level. Its one of the few places in life they'll actually benefit from systemic racism.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If somebody is a Missouri student, kick them out.

If they're Missouri students and the students are identified they should be held accountable if harassing others. The problem is in the complaints I've read I haven't seen particular offenders identified or anything to show it was Mizzou students. So still we're left with not shit but "fire this guy and start a sensitivity course everyone has to go to!"

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're Missouri students and the students are identified they should be held accountable if harassing others. The problem is in the complaints I've read I haven't seen particular offenders identified or anything to show it was Mizzou students. So still we're left with not shit but "fire this guy and start a sensitivity course everyone has to go to!"

I agree, some of the demands from the group are ridiculous.....they better be ready to compromise.