• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri's black athletes will not take part in any sports

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be ignorant but do minorities really think protesting, destroying things, making life hell for other people, etc. is really going to change racism in america? There will always be people who are racist and people protesting will never change their mind..

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading tweets from players saying crap like "i never thought id be apart of something so important". what is important about getting a university pres fired for stupid shit

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter is a senior in HS this year....and yes we look at everything. My wife and I are both teachers.

That wouldn't stop me from letting my daughter from going to Missouri. My wife is Black and Korean.
With the current racial tensions, including Ferguson, I couldn't find a comfort level with the Missouri situation.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they will forego the training table meals if they aren't "participating in any football activities."

They wouldn't have a choice if I were in charge. If you don't want to participate you can pay for your schooling, room & board and anything else that's a benefit of being on a football scholarship.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been boycotting this team all year

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I can find is someone drew a nazi shawstica(sp) in feces in one of the dorms and the president didn't respond "quickly" enough to condem it.

What is going on at Missouri? Who the fuck smears shit on the wall? That's some fucking prison shit.
Yep that happened. What's funny is a condemnation of this in a strongly worded letter will do nothing. Someone smearing shit on the wall is either drunk and pulling a prank, or is mentally fucked up. A letter won't fix either.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having read up on the alleged incidents several questions come to mind. First is there any proof other than the MSU president and the Black group's word that these incidents happened? As for the group they said a guy was on his cell phone refusing to leave and when he did he spouted off racial slurs. No one in the group had a cell phone to photograph or video the exchange?

Two, do we even know these were students? Could have been anyone. If they weren't students, what exactly was the president of the university to do? Now the mandatory diversity training seems like mindless overkill. If they were students why haven't they been outed and shamed yet (as they should).

I am somewhat skeptical about these so-called incidents. They may not have happened or may have been staged and in the fever swamps of college campuses everyone's worked up and a president may lose his livelihood and reputation and damage his family over something that may not even be real. God help these people if this is all a hoax.
The second one definitely happened. The drunk guy on the phone was a student and they found out who it was.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's basically how a good chunk of students here are.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the current racial tensions, including Ferguson, I couldn't find a comfort level with the Missouri situation.
I find that surprising but maybe thats because I'm not African American situation. The only Ferguson that is giving Columbia trouble is white and rich and suing the shit of the city.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF!

Fuck these mother fuckers.

SEPT 12: Student claims some random "White guy" called him a {racist word} .

OCT 5: Black Group claims some random "white guy" on a phone called them {racist work, plural}.

OCT 8: MU Chancellor announces diversity training for all employees and students, blacks says its not enough.

OCT 10: Black Activist group protests MU Chancellor

OCT 21: Same Black Activists demand MU Chancellor resign

OCT 27: Same Black Activists meet with MU chancellor but he won't bow down to their every single demand.

NOV 2: Black Activist says he wont' eat food anymore until MU chancellor resigns.

NOV 2: Black Activist, Again, meet with MU Chancellor but he won't bow down to them.

NOV 3: Black Activists announce boycott of anything MU

NOV 5: Black Activists hold protests before MSU football game.

NOV 5: Black Activist postpone Protest at Missouri football game fearing retaliation by "DRUNK WHITE PEOPLE"

NOV 6: MU Chancellor issues an apology (FOR FUCKING WHAT?)

NOV 6: Black Activist protesters harass MU Chancellor at school fundraiser.

NOV 7: Black Activists protest spread propaganda for prospective students.

NOV 7: After the game Black Activists on the football team announce boycott.

You know, fuck these black activist mother fuckers. GROW THE FUCK UP. OOH no some random fucking dude called you a name and all of a sudden you're second class, your oppressed, your life is ruined, the school chancellor must pay because obviously he told those guys to call you *******. Am I Right? Now they must make a fucking scene like some crazy drunk bitch all the while openly discriminating against all white people?

FUCK them! If they don't want to play, REVOKE scholarship.

My favorite part is that they expect the Chancellor to acknowledge his white privilege. That's hysterical.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a disaster for Missouri

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably best to avoid schools in the Baltimore area too

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they trying to say there's some epidemic of white guys walking around oppressing and hurling racial epithets at black football players? I find that hard to believe. Not many people have the balls to pull that shit with men of that size. Plus, if someone insults a player on a team it's not just the black players they'd have to worry about, chances are any player within ear shot is going to teach them a lesson.
Then again the players might worry about being caught on video administering a well needed lesson and get accused of being thugs beating up on some drunk guy who will of course deny he said anything to earn the beating.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second one definitely happened. The drunk guy on the phone was a student and they found out who it was.
See they should direct their anger at the idiot doing it, not the university.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See they should direct their anger at the idiot doing it, not the university.
They're mad that Tim Wolfe basically didn't say or do anything to condemn it.

But the original hunger strike goes beyond race, the guy doing it is very upset that they pulled benefits for grad students basically overnight.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we expect a spike in test scores in the interim?