• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri's black athletes will not take part in any sports

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confused as to why the protesters can be in the public area but others can't? What are they trying to protect? Tents that protesters were sleeping in at night? These people are delusional

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These people are a bunch of dumbasses. I wonder what percentage of them even know why they are there and what percentage just want to be a part of something "cool"

They are there because they would be racist to NOT be there. That's how it works.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if the President turned around and sued the protestors for defamation? One last chance to teach these young students about the real world.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if the President turned around and sued the protestors for defamation? One last chance to teach these young students about the real world.

The reason I heard he really stepped down was not because of this protest from the athlete's but because of all the money the school would have lost by them not playing. So i guess it had to do with the players not playing... However, if money wasn't involved I doubt he would have resigned.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I heard he really stepped down was not because of this protest from the athlete's but because of all the money the school would have lost by them not playing. So i guess it had to do with the players not playing... However, if money wasn't involved I doubt he would have resigned.

great, so now retarded activists only need to get BB or FB players to jump on the boycott express and they can hold universities hostage and will lead to blackmailing authority figures if you don't agree with them.

Gary pinkel should be suspended if not fired. IMHO, you don't go against your university president, unless you have a good reason.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great, so now retarded activists only need to get BB or FB players to jump on the boycott express and they can hold universities hostage and will lead to blackmailing authority figures if you don't agree with them.

Gary pinkel should be suspended if not fired. IMHO, you don't go against your university president, unless you have a good reason.

White coach goes against overwhelmingly black populated football team. Yeah, that would have been a good financial move.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if players open the door to start violating their signed LOI, teams should start doing the same. If you sign to play with a team but you suck or just don't seem to be progressing, teams can start pulling scholarships. Why not? Same basic principle - they don't like what you're doing, so they no longer will honor the LOI. Wonder how players would respond to that.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White coach goes against overwhelmingly black populated football team. Yeah, that would have been a good financial move.

oh, so no intellectual thought can be brought into the discussion, coach has to jump on board because the football team is black.

Maybe I need to drink the Kool-Aid and just agree that blackmail and holding a university hostage over NOTHING is a good thing.

With what happened at Missouri, in no way should that have meant a president and chancellor needs to resign.

and, side note.......... funny how in this world of quotas and race representation when every organization in the country is scrutinized over having "the right amount of race representation", football teams are magically exempt.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly what I was thinking and weei was talking about this issue as well. a guy called up stating his daughter goes there and they professors are edging every student to leave class and participate in the protesting.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, so no intellectual thought can be brought into the discussion, coach has to jump on board because the football team is black.

Maybe I need to drink the Kool-Aid and just agree that blackmail and holding a university hostage over NOTHING is a good thing.

With what happened at Missouri, in no way should that have meant a president and chancellor needs to resign.

and, side note.......... funny how in this world of quotas and race representation when every organization in the country is scrutinized over having "the right amount of race representation", football teams are magically exempt.

Settle down, cowboy. I agree it's stupid. I'm just stating the very obvious reason why this all happened the way it did.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I was thinking and weei was talking about this issue as well. a guy called up stating his daughter goes there and they professors are edging every student to leave class and participate in the protesting.

that's outrageous. and then what is he going to do if some students say they'd rather not participate. Give them a lower grade???? or treat them badly in front of the class??? This is like living in Stalin's world......

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's outrageous. and then what is he going to do if some students say they'd rather not participate. Give them a lower grade???? or treat them badly in front of the class??? This is like living in Stalin's world......

Not sure but it sounds like it

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settle down, cowboy. I agree it's stupid. I'm just stating the very obvious reason why this all happened the way it did.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

wasn't necessarily directing my outrage at you......... just appalled at the situation.

kids today are just fucked up.

There was shit that happened that wasn't politically incorrect at OSU when I was there (although "PC" movement hadn't come about yet), nothing like this happened.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't necessarily directing my outrage at you......... just appalled at the situation.

kids today are just fucked up.

There was shit that happened that wasn't politically incorrect at OSU when I was there (although "PC" movement hadn't come about yet), nothing like this happened.

As I said earlier in this thread....millennials. That generation is a bunch of whiny babies.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tin soldiers and Nixon's coming....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pinkel pretty much says that it wasn't about getting the president fired, it was about supporting his team. I'm not surprised that a guy who got a shitfaced DWI cares more about his own interests than destroying another person's life.

Gary Pinkel is an awful human being. I hope Mizzou never accomplishes anything else for as long as he's coach.
Pinkel seems like the one person that should have made a stand but I'm not fully sure how much control of the situation he actually had. Filling football rosters on the spot is madness. If Pinkel deserves any blame its recruiting players who would support an extended Ferguson protest which is essentially what this is.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier in this thread....millennials. That generation is a bunch of whiny babies.
Pretty sure stuff like this happened all of the time in the 60s and 70s

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure stuff like this happened all of the time in the 60s and 70s

no. its not the same. millenials, and others on one side of the table today are overly sensitive about everything under the sun anymore. If the wind blows the wrong way, they get offended and someone has to pay.......

Back in the 60s, there may have been legitimate things to protest about concerning race, that WERE wrong.

The perps at mizzu who yelled *igger and drew a poop swatiska, were not caught....... you can't control what every single person on the planet says, nor some ass who plays with poop. get over it.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. its not the same. millenials, and others on one side of the table today are overly sensitive about everything under the sun anymore. If the wind blows the wrong way, they get offended and someone has to pay.......

Back in the 60s, there may have been legitimate things to protest about concerning race, that WERE wrong.

The perps at mizzu who yelled *igger and drew a poop swatiska, were not caught....... you can't control what every single person on the planet says, nor some ass who plays with poop. get over it.

I wonder how many grief counselors are currently on duty there?