• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri really wants in the SEC

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mizzou getting new life again. Apparently these are the conditions now being considered...

1. Missouri has enough the votes for acceptance if Missouri is placed in the East.

2. Alabama demands the rivalry game with Tennessee remains.

3. Alabama demands that Auburn not be moved to the West, due to the fact it moves the Iron Bowl to earlier in the season. Alabama wants that game at the end of the year. Which makes sense to me, keep that tradition. Something the Big 12-2-1-Beebe TCU-? ? really does not understand.

4. Missouri - Arkansas as the cross divisional opponent.

5. Carolina - Texas A&M as the cross divisional opponent.

6. The SEC presidents/chancellors will meet this weekend with Commissioner Slive to vote on Mizzou.

I think this leaves room for the SEC to add real east teams in the future too and then move mizzou to the west later. But i dont really agree with #4 and 5. Id rather see the arky vs usc game stay and aTm vs mizzou game be held over from big12 days. But perhaps they are doing this knowing full well they will move mizzou to the west eventually and in that case aTm cross rivalry game wont have to be refigured.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am worried Missouri will join the SEC and then want to run off to the B1G later on. Ugh. I would rather wait on Virginia Tech. They is some more energy there about wanting to come to the SEC.

Funny, although Missouri is high on the B1G; a majority of their students and fans polled want to go to the SEC.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to guess, right now, I think that VT is going to end up in the B1G, and Missouri will be joined in the SEC by Clemson and FSU (in the east) in the near future (I know, I know, that is supposedly not going to happen, but I think it will)

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt the SEC goes beyond 14, since several schools have made statements about not wanting to expand further.

I doubt Mizzou too, they already burned the bridge. The SEC will look elsewhere.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mizzou getting new life again. Apparently these are the conditions now being considered...

1. Missouri has enough the votes for acceptance if Missouri is placed in the East.

2. Alabama demands the rivalry game with Tennessee remains.

3. Alabama demands that Auburn not be moved to the West, due to the fact it moves the Iron Bowl to earlier in the season. Alabama wants that game at the end of the year. Which makes sense to me, keep that tradition. Something the Big 12-2-1-Beebe TCU-? ? really does not understand.

4. Missouri - Arkansas as the cross divisional opponent.

5. Carolina - Texas A&M as the cross divisional opponent.

6. The SEC presidents/chancellors will meet this weekend with Commissioner Slive to vote on Mizzou.

I think this leaves room for the SEC to add real east teams in the future too and then move mizzou to the west later. But i dont really agree with #4 and 5. Id rather see the arky vs usc game stay and aTm vs mizzou game be held over from big12 days. But perhaps they are doing this knowing full well they will move mizzou to the west eventually and in that case aTm cross rivalry game wont have to be refigured.

LINK

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only place I have ever heard people talk about Va Tech going to B1G is in this forum. That is about as farfetched as Boise State being the 14th team in the SEC. Va Tech is probably staying in the ACC. However, they would go to the SEC long before they go to B1G. SEC is a better cultural fit.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck USC playing A&M. We already have one Clemson on our schedule, we don't need another.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only place I have ever heard people talk about Va Tech going to B1G is in this forum. That is about as farfetched as Boise State being the 14th team in the SEC. Va Tech is probably staying in the ACC. However, they would go to the SEC long before they go to B1G. SEC is a better cultural fit.

...noted...

And we will see :D

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would you want to be in the B1G btw? The conference is a joke. Everyone agrees that if OU/OSU winner and Bama/LSU winner go all the way, they will be in title game even if Wisconsin is undefeated.

I guess it is an upgrade from the ACC, only slightly. I would just stick with the ACC rather then jumping for the B1G. You would have no regional teams other then maybe Penn State (the closiest team to Va Tech in B1G). At least with SEC you have UT-Knoxville, UK, and Vandy close.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want to be in the B1G btw? The conference is a joke. Everyone agrees that if OU/OSU winner and Bama/LSU winner go all the way, they will be in title game even if Wisconsin is undefeated.

I guess it is an upgrade from the ACC, only slightly. I would just stick with the ACC rather then jumping for the B1G. You would have no regional teams other then maybe Penn State (the closiest team to Va Tech in B1G). At least with SEC you have UT-Knoxville, UK, and Vandy close.

It would not be VT alone, and I think that the cultural fit is actually better there. We have very good relationships and working partnerships with Purdue, Michigan State, Nebraska and Wisconsin.

I would go to either. I just don't want to stay in the ACC.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck USC playing A&M. We already have one Clemson on our schedule, we don't need another.

What, ya'll don't want another ag school beating you every year?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would not be VT alone, and I think that the cultural fit is actually better there. We have very good relationships and working partnerships with Purdue, Michigan State, Nebraska and Wisconsin.

I would go to either. I just don't want to stay in the ACC.

The ACC should be putting a team in the national title almost yearly due to how weak the programs are but even their best team year in and year out gets beat down a few times. Maybe Florida State or Miami will return to glory.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The ACC should be putting a team in the national title almost yearly due to how weak the programs are but even their best team year in and year out gets beat down a few times. Maybe Florida State or Miami will return to glory.

Miami never will. With the way things are right now it really makes it hard to understand how they got that good at one time anyways. Private school, basically living off of local talent and having the rep they did. Not to mention that now they are looking down the barrel of a sanction gun.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am sorry, I have met a lot of people from Virginia and they do not fit in the B1G at all. They are more East Coast. They have some southern in them. (I don't consider Virginia to be a true southern state anymore). ACC is the better cultural fit.

BTW, Virginia doesn't even border a Big10 state. While they do border Kentucky and Tennessee (two SEC states). UT Knoxville is as close to Va Tech's campus as UVA.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, ya'll don't want another ag school beating you every year?

Pssshhh. Clemson hasn't beaten us in years.

I did grad school at Texas, and the UT-A&M rivalry is very similar to USC-Clemson (in-state opponents, urban school in the capital city vs. ags in the boonies, even orange vs. red, though reversed). I'm already passionate enough about hating Clemson and fighting in the SEC. Adding A&M every year might just put me on anti-rage medication.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry, I have met a lot of people from Virginia and they do not fit in the B1G at all. They are more East Coast. They have some southern in them. (I don't consider Virginia to be a true southern state anymore). ACC is the better cultural fit.

BTW, Virginia doesn't even border a Big10 state. While they do border Kentucky and Tennessee (two SEC states). UT Knoxville is as close to Va Tech's campus as UVA.

I am glad that you have a lot of friends in Virginia. They are great people. On the other hand, I have two degrees from Virginia Tech, 9 family members who have graduated from there, many colleagues who are on the faculty there and spent 6 years of my life there. The ACC is a great cultural fit, just a shitty spot for a football power. The Big Ten is much closer to the ACC in culture than the SEC is. I also spent two years at an SEC school, as a point of perspective. I think that I can speak on where Virginia Tech fits in, culturally speaking, a bit more than you can.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am glad that you have a lot of friends in Virginia. They are great people. On the other hand, I have two degrees from Virginia Tech, 9 family members who have graduated from there, many colleagues who are on the faculty there and spent 6 years of my life there. The ACC is a great cultural fit, just a shitty spot for a football power. The Big Ten is much closer to the ACC in culture than the SEC is. I also spent two years at an SEC school, as a point of perspective. I think that I can speak on where Virginia Tech fits in, culturally speaking, a bit more than you can.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful since you seem to be one of those "southerns are inferior hillbilly inbred types. I want to be with the superior Northerners." Granted most the Va Tech people I have met are female and now live in the south but they share nothing in common with the B1G.

Virginia Tech to me fits culturally in with Kentucky, North Carolina, West Virginia, and Tennessee. That entire region is Appalachia.

You would be right in saying Virginia Tech doesn't fit with Bama or Auburn but Virginia Tech is a lot like the University of Tennessee and the University of Kentucky culturally. Viriginia Tech would fit with those two schools and Vanderbilt perfectly.