• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota #1? Why not?!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again who have they played? New Mexico State & W. Illinois. Next they play CO. And Buffs football has been a dumpster fire pretty much then entire 12 years I've lived in this state.

Let's see what they do in road games against MSU & PSU.

They've played two nobodies. They haven't done anything yet. That's why they aren't ranked.
Again, what did the original Top 25 teams do that got them into the Top 25 without having played a single game and what have most of them done since the season started? Teams have lost and remained in the Top 25, I believe Notre Dame is still getting votes despite having TWO losses!!!

SEVEN teams who are only 1-1 are currently ranked in the AP Top 25.

What has Minnesota done? Well, they've WON all their games, for a start, and by the stats I've posted, they've won by very impressive fashion.

NINE teams with a loss are getting more votes than Minnesota and Notre Dame with TWO losses is only 2 spots behind the Gophers, Notre Dame isn't just getting 1 or 2 votes, they are getting 23 votes, now granted I know that's not 23 separate voters putting them in at #25, there is likely one loser who has them ranked 15th or something giving them many of those votes(points), or some NDm alum may have them ranked at #3?

But my point is very valid and you know it. I've seen you and many other fans make the same argument in the past.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why he's so upset

I think MN should be around 23-25 but I'm a homer, and I do think they'll finish in the top 20 and that is all that matters to me. I don't care where they are now

Once they do it consistently, htey'll get benefit of the doubt and get ranked for beating nobodies, but they don't currently have that equity and any non idiot knows that, or if they had a name like Nebraska
Don't have that equity? What earned half the teams in the Top 25 their spot pre-season or since then?

Didn't Fleck win 20 games in the last 2 non-covid affected seasons with the very same 6th year seniors who are now leading the team?

Oh, Minnesota lost some players from last year and the 2019 squad, that's right, I remember now, and NO OTHER TEAM DID, right? lol

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have that equity? What earned half the teams in the Top 25 their spot pre-season or since then?

Didn't Fleck win 20 games in the last 2 non-covid affected seasons with the very same 6th year seniors who are now leading the team?

Oh, Minnesota lost some players from last year and the 2019 squad, that's right, I remember now, and NO OTHER TEAM DID, right? lol
Correct, good 2019. Bad 2020 (which yes, covid year. who cares) and above average 2021 isn't going to give a team beenfit of the doubt in rankings

Wisconsin has name recognition in west

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, good 2019. Bad 2020 (which yes, covid year. who cares) and above average 2021 isn't going to give a team beenfit of the doubt in rankings

Wisconsin has name recognition in west
Ok you simple minded dupe.

What has Notre Dame done to earn the benefit of the doubt with 2 losses?

What has A&M or Oregon done to deserve the benefit of the doubt with embarrassing losses?

oh, that's right, Oregon pummeled a nobody so now they, but not UMn, can be ranked based on that ONE win vs a nobody. I mean, Minnesota only pummeled TWO teams and have zero embarrassing losses, why would they get ranked?

Utah gets the benefit of the doubt because they lost to A NAME, because Florida was unranked before they beat Utah, and then Florida turned around lost lost, but oh, they can be given the benefit of the doubt because they lost to now Top Ten Kentucky, that long time football dynasty, lol. What has Kentucky done to deserve a Top Ten rating? 37-13 over Miami of Ohio is hardly a top ten like win. Florida was unranked until they beat an overrated Utah who got overrated because of beating an overrated Oregon twice last year. But we saw in the game vs Georgia just how overrated Oregon is.

Just because UK and Florida are in the SEC they get tons of credit when they beat nobodies or overrated teams??? I mean, Florida has been down for awhile and Kentucky is no more accomplished than Minnesota the past 2 non-covid seasons.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why he's so upset

I think MN should be around 23-25 but I'm a homer, and I do think they'll finish in the top 20 and that is all that matters to me. I don't care where they are now

Once they do it consistently, htey'll get benefit of the doubt and get ranked for beating nobodies, but they don't currently have that equity and any non idiot knows that, or if they had a name like Nebraska

You're a rational Gophers fan. Freddy isn't.

And I'm not picking on your team. I'm picking on special freddy because of the nonsense he spews.

Always a good thing to fully support your team. But he takes it way overboard.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, what did the original Top 25 teams do that got them into the Top 25 without having played a single game and what have most of them done since the season started? Teams have lost and remained in the Top 25, I believe Notre Dame is still getting votes despite having TWO losses!!!

SEVEN teams who are only 1-1 are currently ranked in the AP Top 25.

What has Minnesota done? Well, they've WON all their games, for a start, and by the stats I've posted, they've won by very impressive fashion.

NINE teams with a loss are getting more votes than Minnesota and Notre Dame with TWO losses is only 2 spots behind the Gophers, Notre Dame isn't just getting 1 or 2 votes, they are getting 23 votes, now granted I know that's not 23 separate voters putting them in at #25, there is likely one loser who has them ranked 15th or something giving them many of those votes(points), or some NDm alum may have them ranked at #3?

But my point is very valid and you know it. I've seen you and many other fans make the same argument in the past.

Okay special freddy. I'm not reading any of it.

I'm not badmouthing your team or taking any shots at them.

All I'm saying is they've played nobody so far.

How can you disagree with that?

And I want Minnesota to have a good season.

I root for all BigTen teams with the exception of that truck stop in ann arbor.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a rational Gophers fan. Freddy isn't.

And I'm not picking on your team. I'm picking on special freddy because of the nonsense he spews.

Always a good thing to fully support your team. But he takes it way overboard.
oh, I'm aware

He's something special. According to him he's a multimillionaire that bangs 10's half his age

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok you simple minded dupe.

What has Notre Dame done to earn the benefit of the doubt with 2 losses?

What has A&M or Oregon done to deserve the benefit of the doubt with embarrassing losses?

oh, that's right, Oregon pummeled a nobody so now they, but not UMn, can be ranked based on that ONE win vs a nobody. I mean, Minnesota only pummeled TWO teams and have zero embarrassing losses, why would they get ranked?

Utah gets the benefit of the doubt because they lost to A NAME, because Florida was unranked before they beat Utah, and then Florida turned around lost lost, but oh, they can be given the benefit of the doubt because they lost to now Top Ten Kentucky, that long time football dynasty, lol. What has Kentucky done to deserve a Top Ten rating? 37-13 over Miami of Ohio is hardly a top ten like win. Florida was unranked until they beat an overrated Utah who got overrated because of beating an overrated Oregon twice last year. But we saw in the game vs Georgia just how overrated Oregon is.

Just because UK and Florida are in the SEC they get tons of credit when they beat nobodies or overrated teams??? I mean, Florida has been down for awhile and Kentucky is no more accomplished than Minnesota the past 2 non-covid seasons.
did you mean to call me a simple minded dope?

Whats a simple minded dupe

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is they've played nobody so far.

How can you disagree with that?

And I want Minnesota to have a good season.

What tells you that they won't have a good season? I'll accept anything.

How horribly they played last year with the exact same players and coordinators?
How inexperienced their skill position players are?
How one dimensional the team is?
They lost their best coordinator, right?
Close losses so far causes you doubt?
That embarrassing loss to Georgia or was it Marshall, or App St?
Long time helmet schools like Kentucky must be given the doubt instead?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, I'm aware

He's something special. According to him he's a multimillionaire that bangs 10's half his age
When did I claim to be a multimillionaire? And only 2 of them were younger than half my age and the one was only an 8.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What tells you that they won't have a good season? I'll accept anything.

(1)How horribly they played last year with the exact same players and coordinators?
(2)How inexperienced their skill position players are?
(3)How one dimensional the team is?
(4)They lost their best coordinator, right?
(5)Close losses so far causes you doubt?
(6)That embarrassing loss to Georgia or was it Marshall, or App St?
(7)Long time helmet schools like Kentucky must be given the doubt instead?

I never said once they won't have a good season.

Now pay attention. All I said is they haven't played anyone yet.

1. last year means nothing, this is this year

2. don't wanna hear anything about inexperience from you because you say stupid shit all the time, if it was anyone else it would be legit (last season Ohio State had one of it's youngest teams in recent memory, they won double digit games and the Rose Bowl). You wanna pretend Minnesota is elite. They aren't.

3 & 4. excuses are for homers that have run outta bullshit reasons to pimp their team up

5. what the hell are you blathering about now? Minnesota is undefeated so far. Last seasons losses mean nothing.

6 & 7. more blah-blah-blah from you

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what a dupe is. You get duped, you aren't a dupe, you dope
By nature of the definition, who is a dupe, someone who gets or has been duped.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said once they won't have a good season.

Now pay attention. All I said is they haven't played anyone yet.

1. last year means nothing, this is this year

2. don't wanna hear anything about inexperience from you because you say stupid shit all the time, if it was anyone else it would be legit (last season Ohio State had one of it's youngest teams in recent memory, they won double digit games and the Rose Bowl). You wanna pretend Minnesota is elite. They aren't.

3 & 4. excuses are for homers that have run outta bullshit reasons to pimp their team up

5. what the hell are you blathering about now? Minnesota is undefeated so far. Last seasons losses mean nothing.

6 & 7. more blah-blah-blah from you
WOW, reading comprehension dude, lol.

#1 - last year always means something to the pollsters, how else do they determine who gets ranked pre-season??

#2 - I wasn't doing anything other than being sarcastic with my questions, #2-7. UMn's offense is led by FOUR 6th year seniors all with a chance of being All-Conf if not All-American.

#3 - again, being sarcastic, UMn is anything but one dimensional, duh.

#4 - again, being sarcastic, UMn did NOT lose a coordinator, they regained their OC from the 2019 team, duh.

#5 - again, being sarcastic, UMn's had the opposite of close games, DUH!!!

#6 - again, being sarcastic, it was overrated Oregon and overrated A&M and overrated Notre Dame who lost to those 3 teams I listed, DUH!!!

#7 - again, being sarcastic, Kentucky has NEVER been a helmet school, and has done nothing more impressive than UMn recently, DUH!!!

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By nature of the definition, who is a dupe, someone who gets or has been duped.

How was I duped?

Again, your context of dupe doesn't make sense.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was I duped?

Again, your context of dupe doesn't make sense.
maybe you didn't read the rest of the response? I gave plenty of examples of context showing how other teams not deserving of the benefit of the doubt got just that. But someone else in Minnesota convinced you pollsters ALWAYS need clear cut evidence of a team's awesomeness and legitimacy and so Minnesota never being given the benefit of the doubt is justified or to be expected? THAT makes you a dupe. Kentucky is just the most recent example of a team that was given the benefit of the doubt and did very little if anything to earn their place in the Top 25 THIS year, and now they are all the way up to the Top Ten? Why?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, reading comprehension dude, lol.

#1 - last year always means something to the pollsters, how else do they determine who gets ranked pre-season??

#2 - I wasn't doing anything other than being sarcastic with my questions, #2-7. UMn's offense is led by FOUR 6th year seniors all with a chance of being All-Conf if not All-American.

#3 - again, being sarcastic, UMn is anything but one dimensional, duh.

#4 - again, being sarcastic, UMn did NOT lose a coordinator, they regained their OC from the 2019 team, duh.

#5 - again, being sarcastic, UMn's had the opposite of close games, DUH!!!

#6 - again, being sarcastic, it was overrated Oregon and overrated A&M and overrated Notre Dame who lost to those 3 teams I listed, DUH!!!

#7 - again, being sarcastic, Kentucky has NEVER been a helmet school, and has done nothing more impressive than UMn recently, DUH!!!

Yer a helluva homer special freddy. Keep on keepin' on. You truly are a laugh riot. Nobody homers like you. Which is saying something.

I hope for all logical and sane Minnesota fans, which obviously doesn't include you, that the Gophers have a good season.

But over the top fans like you are easy to rile up.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yer a helluva homer special freddy. Keep on keepin' on. You truly are a laugh riot. Nobody homers like you. Which is saying something.

I hope for all logical and sane Minnesota fans, which obviously doesn't include you, that the Gophers have a good season.

But over the top fans like you are easy to rile up.
I am very logical and sane.