• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minimum number of wins to make a Bowl game

What should be required number of wins to make a bowl game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voted 8. Figure that way you have to win at least 2/3rds of the games, and at least half the wins will be Conf wins.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\Problem, as stated yesterday, is Texas got put in a game where they had to play a team that was a lot stronger and the reason was for money being the game was played in that state. Doesn't sound like proper match-ups to me.

texas won 8 games this year and was one half away from being in the fIESTA. wHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU ARGUING?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowls

79 Teams, Plus 1 Conditionally, Eligible For 70 Bowl Slots

2013 Bowl Eligibility Requirements and Bowl Eligible Teams

As of games played through 12/8/13

To become eligible for postseason play in any FBS bowl game, a team must have a minimum 6 wins in a 12-game schedule, or 7 wins in a 13-game schedule, or be the champion of its conference, and not be on probation that specifically stipulates exclusion from postseason play. One win over a FCS team can count toward the win total each year provided the FCS team has supplied financial aid for football averaging out to at least 56.7 full scholarships (90% of the limit of 63 allowed to FCS schools) over "a rolling two-year period" that can include the current season.

Bowl games with contractual ties must select a team from that conference with seven wins, if one is available. If one is not available, a 6-win team from that conference is next-in-line.

Any berths not filled by a qualifying team from a contracted conference must fill that vacancy with a "spare" team that has 7 wins before any "spare" 6-6 team can be accommodated.

Achieving bowl eligibility does not guarantee a team will be slotted in a bowl game.

This team scheduled 3 FCS opponents this season, and are therefore required to achieve 8 total wins for bowl eligibility: Georgia State. But Georgia State also falls into "pool 5" below as outlined below.

These teams scheduled 2 FCS opponents this season, and are therefore required to achieve 7 total wins for bowl eligibility: Clemson, Georgia Tech. Colorado originally scheduled 1 FCS team, but had to replace Fresno State with another FCS opponent after flooding forced cancellation of that game.

These 2 teams scheduled 13 games, and are therefore required to achieve 7 total wins for bowl eligibility:
Colorado State and USC.

Bump all the numbers up by one and you eliminate just enough of those bowls we just don't watch. I love bowl games too but 35 or so? Seriousy? Then everyone starts saying they have 10 bowl teams from previous year on their schedule :L ; like that should mean something? Depends on the bowl teams!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it just the way it is....except I like the idea of an 8 team playoff. But as far as lesser bowl games, I'm all for a 6 - 6 team getting an invite.

A 6 - 6 team is a middle of the road team and it let's us judge the middle of the conferences. Had SU not played Minnesota in Texas, no way would anyone believe SU would have won that game. Which gave people shit to talk about. This allows folks to judge the power at the middle of each conference.

Money is a huge issue for a private school. SU will never spend 7 Mil on a coach, so they will never get a Sabin and if they do, he's young and SU is a stepping stone. Unable to pay the money for the top coach, SU will never get the string of 5 star recruits bama or texas will get.

Post season exposer is important to recruits. The State Schools are already better funded. The only hope for post season exposure for SU is the lesser bowls. And you never know when a young DNab will see something he likes and take a chance with a coach and a school. And that guy will put SU into an Orange Bowl and every hundred years or so a NC.

Not all of us live within driving distance of a football powerhouse. There must be money being made at the toilet bowls. And the best part is if you don't want...don't tune in. But I see no reason there isn't a Texas Bowl where a 6 - 6 SU can pull out the W against a 8 - 4 Big 10 team.

It would be un-American to not give SU that chance.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7...but I do like cheese puffs.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M had no choice when they switched conferences since they needed another non conference opponent to replace Arkansas with.

Bs, games can always be had...for a price.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 wins and this

254421-cheetos-girl-in-bath.jpg

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? I like having random games to throw on throughout December, and wouldn't mind if there were even more. Why does it bother people if teams get to practice more and play another game that you are in no way obligated to watch anyway? Every college football game played has people that are willing to watch.

One thing I do wish they'd do is just let the higher ranked team host the lower bowl games so that it's easier for fans to attend. You could still have the sponsors and names, etc.