• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Min. Vrs NYI

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny how there was absolutely no mention of how the sharks shouldve signed any of these players in this thread...

So you weren't around for the offseason. Got it.

:L

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think there is a better chance he winds up in Detroit. Detroit tried to sign him last year because Howard's play wasn't cutting it. Howard might be on a short leash this year and if he starts to struggle again I can see the Wings making a move.

when howard and conklin are your 2 best options a move is almost mandatory. thats tim cheveldae/bob essensa status

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know they signed Emery for backup, but im not to sold on the guy. And I think Nabby could help Crawford out.

Its a wishful thinking post.

highly unlikely being that Nabby as reports came out after he left was a bit of an asshole as a teammate.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So you weren't around for the offseason. Got it.

:L

Thats not even facepalm worthy. It was brought up outa left field when no one had even mentioned it. And you do understand that Nabby can be a starter or backup on majority of the teams in the league I hope. Theres a reason why he's 3rd right now. A team isnt going to pay Dipo that rediculous contract to be a scratch every night reguardless of how bad he performs, he's gonna be in the lineup til he gets injuried, like always. Montoya has the hot hand right now, so you stick with him. When Nabby was claimed, their wasnt room for him on the Isle, why would thre be now?

And since you brought up a random statement bout Cheech & Nolan. I would still perfer Cheech to be in the Sharks system on Wor. and weather Nolan got let go from his tryout or not, Id still like to have him on SJ's 4th line.

BTW since we're bringing up offseason statments bout players. I still hate Niemi in case you forgot ;)

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not even facepalm worthy. It was brought up outa left field when no one had even mentioned it. And you do understand that Nabby can be a starter or backup on majority of the teams in the league I hope. Theres a reason why he's 3rd right now. A team isnt going to pay Dipo that rediculous contract to be a scratch every night reguardless of how bad he performs, he's gonna be in the lineup til he gets injuried, like always. Montoya has the hot hand right now, so you stick with him. When Nabby was claimed, their wasnt room for him on the Isle, why would thre be now?

And since you brought up a random statement bout Cheech & Nolan. I would still perfer Cheech to be in the Sharks system on Wor. and weather Nolan got let go from his tryout or not, Id still like to have him on SJ's 4th line.

BTW since we're bringing up offseason statments bout players. I still hate Niemi in case you forgot ;)

Dude.....I never said anybody ever mentioned it.....I mentioned it. I just thought it was funny that after all the bellyaching that people did about all 3 of them over the offseason, that none of them are in the top 20 players who get to dress for any of the 30 NHL teams. Also, read the "EDIT" portion of my post. I swear you are one of the biggest Contrarians I've ever seen, lol.

I wouldn't mind Cheech in the Worcester Sharks system either and I'm sure he's more than welcome if he wanted to. Cheech CHOSE to go to St. Louis because he had a better chance at making the team. What's your point? Is DWil supposed to put a gun to Cheech's head and tell him to stay here? Nolan is not on ANY other NHL roster at this time. What does that tell you?

Fair enough. I'm not entirely sold on Niemi either. He was below average in the playoffs. I don't hate him, but I'm definitely wondering if he really is a SC goalie. I hope he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dude.....I never said anybody ever mentioned it.....I mentioned it. I just thought it was funny that after all the bellyaching that people did about all 3 of them over the offseason, that none of them are in the top 20 players who get to dress for any of the 30 NHL teams. Also, read the "EDIT" portion of my post. I swear you are one of the biggest Contrarians I've ever seen, lol.

I wouldn't mind Cheech in the Worcester Sharks system either and I'm sure he's more than welcome if he wanted to. Cheech CHOSE to go to St. Louis because he had a better chance at making the team. What's your point? Is DWil supposed to put a gun to Cheech's head and tell him to stay here? Nolan is not on ANY other NHL roster at this time. What does that tell you?

Fair enough. I'm not entirely sold on Niemi either. He was below average in the playoffs. I don't hate him, but I'm definitely wondering if he really is a SC goalie. I hope he is.

I guess Niemi had to play defense and offense on top of his goaltending duties, other then the first series Nemo was nails, there was atleast 2 games in that Vancouver series where he was the only guy that actually knew a game was going on that night.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess Niemi had to play defense and offense on top of his goaltending duties, other then the first series Nemo was nails, there was atleast 2 games in that Vancouver series where he was the only guy that actually knew a game was going on that night.

Yea, like the game winner in the vanc series clincher, when instead of following the puck which was in front of him & wouldve had to defy the laws of physics to end up behind him, he followed everyones body language. He knew exactly what was going on that night.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, like the game winner in the vanc series clincher, when instead of following the puck which was in front of him & wouldve had to defy the laws of physics to end up behind him, he followed everyones body language. He knew exactly what was going on that night.

Show of hands: How many people, if you added up players, fans, broadcasters and the TV audience saw where that puck went?

I know you dislike Niemi but I'm sure you could have found an ACTUAL bad goal to at least preserve the appearance of keeping it real.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was a bit too harsh in saying that he was below average; you're right. That said, I wasn't overly impressed with his overall play throughout the three series. He definitely played a ton better against Detroit and Vancouver though. He was worse than Nabby EVER was in the Kings series. If Nabby does last years playoff run, then everybody is at his throat still. Niemi is a young guy who has had some playoff success. I hope that he continues to grow and get better. Part of me thinks he will. In his young playoff career though, lets look at his playoff rounds (playing for two strong teams) starting with the latest:

Vancouver: Good
Detroit: Good
Los Angeles: Horrible
Philadelphia: Horrible
San Jose: Great
Vancouver: Average
Nashville: Average

Seems like a mixed bag to me, that's all. I hope I'm wrong. If it makes you feel better, I also thought that they should have stuck with Niittymaki last year, I thought Ty Wishart was going to be a top 3 defenseman in the NHL along with countless other mistakes, lol.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

So an attempted pass around the boards to Burrows who was standing bellow the goal line has no chance of ending up behind the net? Your hate for Niemi is blinding you to the facts of what actually happened.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So an attempted pass around the boards to Burrows who was standing bellow the goal line has no chance of ending up behind the net? Your hate for Niemi is blinding you to the facts of what actually happened.

Im not gonna argue with you Com, cause itll just turn into the same as last time. But I will say this, Niemi was facing the play & had the best view of the puck, while the other players that seemed to lose the puck were facing different directions. Maybe its just me, but first thing I do when I lose track of the puck is drop to butterfly & try to cover as much of the net as possbile. Standing there looking around staring at imaginary butterflies in the sky?? Really?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im not gonna argue with you Com, cause itll just turn into the same as last time. But I will say this, Niemi was facing the play & had the best view of the puck, while the other players that seemed to lose the puck were facing different directions. Maybe its just me, but first thing I do when I lose track of the puck is drop to butterfly & try to cover as much of the net as possbile. Standing there looking around staring at imaginary butterflies in the sky?? Really?

There were four players between Niemi and the puck blocking Niemi's line of sight on Edler's attempted pass down low. Huskins who was directly in front of him, Pavelski, Couture who was moving towards Edler, and H. Sedin who was circling up high. To blame Niemi for not being able to follow a completely crazy bounce through all that is assinine. Even though he obviously didn't see the puck he reacted to every player on the ice pointing to behind the net, or in Pavelski's case pointing and shouting that it was out of play. Even Bieksa didn't know where it was until it dropped right in front of him. To drop to your knees on a play where every visual que points to the puck being behind the net is ridiculous. You maintain a position that allows you to be mobile.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There were four players between Niemi and the puck blocking Niemi's line of sight on Edler's attempted pass down low. Huskins who was directly in front of him, Pavelski, Couture who was moving towards Edler, and H. Sedin who was circling up high. To blame Niemi for not being able to follow a completely crazy bounce through all that is assinine. Even though he obviously didn't see the puck he reacted to every player on the ice pointing to behind the net, or in Pavelski's case pointing and shouting that it was out of play. Even Bieksa didn't know where it was until it dropped right in front of him. To drop to your knees on a play where every visual que points to the puck being behind the net is ridiculous. You maintain a position that allows you to be mobile.

I'm fairly convinced that about 39 players on the ice both coaching staffs and atleast 3 refs thought that puck was out of play where pavelski was yelling and pointing. No one had a clue just probably one of the worst bounces in the history of the nhl ever

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You maintain a position that allows you to be mobile.

Yup, like every time he's sprawled out on the ice and just lays there staring and following the puck without trying to get up into position. Yea, maintaining a position that allows you be mobile seems to usually be the futherest from his mind. Standing in the middle of the net staring into the sky not even looking for the puck on the ice is bout the dumbest position he coulda been in. butterflied coving post to post with each leg checking over the shoulder blind spots wouldve been a hell of a lot better position. but meeh, whatd I know.

And because "39 players coaches & refs" couldnt see it, that makes his brain fart right? If any other goalie on SJ woulda did that, fans woulda gathered the lunch mob. If the ref loses sight of the puck, its whistled dead. You dont know that they ALL lost sight, the ref isnt in the game to point to the players "its over there!" I dont believe all the refs lost sight of the puck for 3 seconds and none of them blew it dead. some players saw it, some did not

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yup, like every time he's sprawled out on the ice and just lays there staring and following the puck without trying to get up into position. Yea, maintaining a position that allows you be mobile seems to usually be the futherest from his mind. Standing in the middle of the net staring into the sky not even looking for the puck on the ice is bout the dumbest position he coulda been in. butterflied coving post to post with each leg checking over the shoulder blind spots wouldve been a hell of a lot better position. but meeh, whatd I know.

And because "39 players coaches & refs" couldnt see it, that makes his brain fart right? If any other goalie on SJ woulda did that, fans woulda gathered the lunch mob. If the ref loses sight of the puck, its whistled dead. You dont know that they ALL lost sight, the ref isnt in the game to point to the players "its over there!" I dont believe all the refs lost sight of the puck for 3 seconds and none of them blew it dead. some players saw it, some did not

No, everyone would be saying the exact same thing they are now. It was one of the most F-up bounces anyone has ever seen and no one on the ice had a chance to follow or know where it went.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of out of position and laying on the ice immobile, Nabby is playing today