• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G6 2-2-1 Kings vs Coyotes 10/24/23

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day is here, I'll have to catch it after we get back from sports, the 3 kids have football and softball practice from basically 3-930pm on Tuesdays. Long days, but this is the last week for Pop Warner with practices and then final games on Saturday. Looking forward to ramping down a little bit, these 4 months are intense and grueling for everyone.

So J-Blow 2.0 visits his former home for tye first time tonight, wondering how he will be received. He was a divisive character for sure. Offensively gifted, defensively atrocious but I liked his fight and team first mentality. I do not think he would be a good fit with tye current roster and cap situation so Blake got what he could out of that deal. Wondering if Durzi gonna do Durzi things and it benefits the Kings.

Haven't see anything about goaltending yet, but I'm assuming Copley starts tonight. Talbot needs a rest and Copley needs a game.

Another prediction tonight: Kempe gets on the board...2x. He scores in bunches so let's get it rolling.

Let's Go Kings!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the start but nice few shifts there. Fiala is everywhere, which is nice to see. He's been aloof so far and I know he's racking up assists but he seems out of it during stretches. But he was looking for his shot a lot and that's opening up the ice these last two shifts.

Lewis with that jersey #61 is weird to see. He's still got hands of stone and I'm almost certain that he fanned on that shot that went in. But he's more for PK and using his speed defensively, so any offense whatsoever is welcomed.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to watch the Coyotes feed today. And the announcers are surprisingly really fans of the Kings. They aren’t homers

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the start but nice few shifts there. Fiala is everywhere, which is nice to see. He's been aloof so far and I know he's racking up assists but he seems out of it during stretches. But he was looking for his shot a lot and that's opening up the ice these last two shifts.

Stopped at home real quick, heading back to the field but catching the first. Fiala is freaking everywhere, great pass for Kopitar's goal.

He is streaky too, hopefully this gets him on a roll.
Lewis with that jersey #61 is weird to see. He's still got hands of stone and I'm almost certain that he fanned on that shot that went in. But he's more for PK and using his speed defensively, so any offense whatsoever is welcomed.

Not sure if you remember or not but that was his original number when he was starting out in LA. He decided to wear it again after coming back, I'm assuming symbolic that his career went full circle but also because Fiala has 22. But yeah it's an odd number, same as Laferriere to me. I've never gotten into those odd numbers, even Gavrikov playing D at 84 is strange.

And agreed, any offense from him is a bonus. Didn't have him on my score sheet tonight for sure.

Freaking Trevor Lewis scored Buster, come on.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad but true. He looks like he's tap dancing out there bur eventually does a whole lot of nothing. He has been invisible again tonight, it's really shocking considering how many quality minutes and opportunities he gets.

Nickson emphasized "hustle" on two particular plays, I almost think they're going into damage control to not devalue him in a potential trade. Boston needs a legitimate C, the Kings need a legitimate G. Maybe a change of scenery helps him and the Kings get a goalie. All I do know is that it does not seem like it'll work out here for him.

One goal and he didn't even beat the goalie, it was deflected in. I think it's getting very close ro worrying about him and his future in LA time.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Buster is visible now. He got away with a cross check and gets called for a high stick during a power play.
It’s pathetic and just looks like a waste of a high pick.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can look at all of Bowlbys drafts since he took over and say that. Literally nothing panned out, not even The Legend (no consistent record) although he sold as high as he could on him. Jury is out on Clarke, too soon to say but 2017-22, nothing.

I am not expecting anything different from Buster. Get this guy where he belongs - a B6 spot, the minors or on another team.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubois very quiet. Had some decent defensive plays but nothing offensively.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubois very quiet. Had some decent defensive plays but nothing offensively.
I just saw him move into the zone, and it looks like he’s barely moving his legs, but is actually flying. The Spin-o-Rama to get into the zone was really impressive even if it didn’t turn into an opportunity.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just comedy, Buster gets an assist from his stomach just swiping at the puck as Kempe scored the EN goal. Can this dumbass do anything significant?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw him move into the zone, and it looks like he’s barely moving his legs, but is actually flying. The Spin-o-Rama to get into the zone was really impressive even if it didn’t turn into an opportunity.
Of course as soon as I posted that he was noticeable.

Still getting used to him, but he overall has been as advertised. Hoping he can hit 70 points this season to shut people up, he is definitely a good player.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLD When he is on offensively He is a big skilled body. But to me more importantly, When he isnt scoring he is still solid At both ends of the ice. Even defensively, it's hard to notice him sometimes because Positionally he is in the right spot and the other team sends the puck somewhere else

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that as well last night, he may not have done much offensively but he was in the right place at the right time. Made some good plays with his stick to break plays up, picked up the right guy on coverages, etc.

I can absolutely see why Blake wanted him. The criticism about him wanting out is justified, but overblown too IMO. If he plays like he is so far and pops for 70+ points, he will be worth that $8.5 million for probably the duration of the contract.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just comedy, Buster gets an assist from his stomach just swiping at the puck as Kempe scored the EN goal. Can this dumbass do anything significant?

Just to add to this, we are 6 games in and he has 2 points - one fluky goal and one fluky assist. So essentially he has 0 points in 6 games, think about that for a second. He hasn't generated anything.

Assuming he plays all 82 games, that's 27-28 points (13-14G/13-14A). That is not acceptable at all for LW1 under any circumstances. That's B6 production right there.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add to that he is on top line with 2 guys leading the team in points....you would think he could compile accidental assists like Slodry used to

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Boston needs a legitimate C, the Kings need a legitimate G. Maybe a change of scenery helps him and the Kings get a goalie.
Man, lets ramp this up and make it legit!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swayman gonna end up with more SO than Buster has G's....maybe even points

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add to that he is on top line with 2 guys leading the team in points....you would think he could compile accidental assists like Slodry used to

J-Blow was the king of secondary assists, that year he went to the ASG if I recall something like 80% of his assists the secondary.

Just from one occasion that I recall, he made a 15 foot pass to Boucher near the Kings net, who passed to Deadmarsh and then went off for a change - I think Visnovsky may have come on. The play kept moving ahead, Deadmarsh did all the work by lowering the shoulder down the right wing, crashed the net and scored.

J-Blow literally got the secondary assist from the bench. Summed up his offensive career in LA.