• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Min. Vrs NYI

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice that this game is so early in the season to watch the former Sharks (if Nabby plays). The ideal situation to play out would be, NY starts Montoya, he lets lit up with Heater & Seto scoring. Gets pulled for Nabby & Nabby shuts Minn out the rest of the game.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is Nabokov injured or did his play in the preseason earn him the thrid string goalie spot? Both games so far for the Islanders he's been serving beer and pizza in the pressbox.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think he was that bad, no...

I just don't think he Islanders really ever planned on actually using him out there in games, that's all.

They probably just want to trade him for a pick or something? /shrug

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into camp Montoya was the 3rd goalie. He obviously outplayed Ricky & Nabby in the preseason. The fact he's only given up 3 goals in two games tells me Montoya earned the job.

I agree that Nabby is trade bait. The question isn't whether or not he'll be dealt it's when. The one thing to keep in mind is the Islanders used 6 goalies last season. Goalie depth is a must for the Islanders because of how fragile Ricky is.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is Nabokov injured or did his play in the preseason earn him the thrid string goalie spot? Both games so far for the Islanders he's been serving beer and pizza in the pressbox.

His play wasnt bad in preseason. Im not sure how many games he played in. I only read about 2. one he gave up 1 goal and I think the other was 2 or 3 goals. Montoya was obviously the best of the bunch and with Dipo's contract, he'll always have a roster spot. These are reasons this signing was pointless from the get go. If he's just gonna be an injury replacement backup when Dipo goes down, why even bother? I dont see him helping out any with limited time.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His play wasnt bad in preseason. Im not sure how many games he played in. I only read about 2. one he gave up 1 goal and I think the other was 2 or 3 goals. Montoya was obviously the best of the bunch and with Dipo's contract, he'll always have a roster spot. These are reasons this signing was pointless from the get go. If he's just gonna be an injury replacement backup when Dipo goes down, why even bother? I dont see him helping out any with limited time.

It's called depth.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or called wasting a players last playing days by putting him on a team that has a logjam in goal.

Garth will trade Nabby to a contender when the time is right. He did so with Guerin & he won a cup with Pittsburgh. He did the same with Roloson last year & he made it to the conference finals. When all is said & done Nabby will be given an opportunity to show he can still play. If he plays well he'll get a chance to win the cup elsewhere.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Garth will trade Nabby to a contender when the time is right. He did so with Guerin & he won a cup with Pittsburgh. He did the same with Roloson last year & he made it to the conference finals. When all is said & done Nabby will be given an opportunity to show he can still play. If he plays well he'll get a chance to win the cup elsewhere.

Thats good to know. as of now I dont care if he plays on NYI or elsewhere. I just dont want him to be wasted away not playing and have to battle through the layoff rust when he finally is given an opportunity

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:director:
I sure as HELL don't want to see Nabby in a Kings or Redwings jersey when playoffs come around. :puke: :scared:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Isles are smart they will play Nabby. If you want another team to offer you a pick for him then you will need to show him off. If other teams aren't sure if he can play or not then they won't give up much for him.

That said, the season is early and I don't think that anyone is ready to trade for a goalie yet anyway. Isles have time until someone gets hurt or Phoenix realizes that the steaming pile of crap they put between the pipes won't cut it. :thumb:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crawford/Nabby combo in Chicago would be great! Maybe Chi can offer that stud they signed in the offseason. Think his name is Jamal Meyers haha

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your post was in jest and you weren't serious and not trying to pick on you (again) but don't think Chicago needs a backup goalie for Crawford since they just signed Emery for that role not too long ago... right?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nabbys style of play is going to get him lit up on the island.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know your post was in jest and you weren't serious and not trying to pick on you (again) but don't think Chicago needs a backup goalie for Crawford since they just signed Emery for that role not too long ago... right?

I know they signed Emery for backup, but im not to sold on the guy. And I think Nabby could help Crawford out.

Its a wishful thinking post.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And itll play out the same as my wishful thinking for the Mn/NYI game did where Heater & Seto had 0 pts, and Nabby was scratched haha

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think there is a better chance he winds up in Detroit. Detroit tried to sign him last year because Howard's play wasn't cutting it. Howard might be on a short leash this year and if he starts to struggle again I can see the Wings making a move.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how the Sharks should have signed Nolan, Cheechoo and Nabby.....but 29 other teams don't want Nolan or Cheech and Nabby's the 3rd string goalie on the Isles.....

:D

EDIT: And yes, I know Nolan could still probably hang on with a crap team somewhere and Nabby would still make a more than valuable backup.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's funny how the Sharks should have signed Nolan, Cheechoo and Nabby.....but 29 other teams don't want Nolan or Cheech and Nabby's the 3rd string goalie on the Isles.....

:D

EDIT: And yes, I know Nolan could still probably hang on with a crap team somewhere and Nabby would still make a more than valuable backup.

Its funny how there was absolutely no mention of how the sharks shouldve signed any of these players in this thread...