• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Riley the new Nebraska coach.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Googling for Oregon State Academic All Americans has yielded me nothing.

Googling Nebraska football Academic All Americans gets me lots.

Tell me Wizardhawk, what am I doing wrong?

lol@ not finding humor in that whole raccoon thing. I mean I've been pretty drunk many times in my life, but never so far that I'd try and take a selfie with a raccoon and no reports say this kid was actually drunk. :L

Don't get all defensive man. I mean you have been shitting your pants for a full 24 hours over your coaching change, but you can still have some humor over that right? :whistle:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REilly has 17 players in the NFL vs 21 for NEbraska (using ESPN). That tells you a lot about Riley's ability to develop and recruit left overs. Should be real interesting if he gets better recruits

Watch out, bringing up things like this will get you attacked about your (unrelated) team or some other spurious insults. It doesn't fit with the mantra of this board right now.

I mean I've made it clear that no one knows what Riley will do, but to read this board you'd think I've guaranteed them a championship. :lol:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol@ not finding humor in that whole raccoon thing. I mean I've been pretty drunk many times in my life, but never so far that I'd try and take a selfie with a raccoon and no reports say this kid was actually drunk. :L

Don't get all defensive man. I mean you have been shitting your pants for a full 24 hours over your coaching change, but you can still have some humor over that right? :whistle:

Obviously, you think I am offended. I wasn't at all.

I got your joke, but you don't get mine. Fine by me. You pointed out that Gangwish was stupid to try and take a Selfie with a wild animal, and then he killed it with a Crescent Wrench because it bit him.

I merely pointed out that Nebraska has Academic All Americans and googling brings it up, but when I googled Academic All Americans at Oregon State nothing jumped out at me.

I merely made a joke about Oregon State and Academics. Nothing about Washington. Yet, you go defensive.

I have no idea, what academics are even like at Oregon State. For all I know, Oregon State could be the other Harvard of the West Coast(I know Stanford is THE Harvard of the West Coast)

First off, you should be thinking that most posts when people type them, the people actually think they are being humorous. I try to think that until proven otherwise. Such as me and TexasExes. We find zero humor in most of our posts. But we are okay with it.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, you think I am offended. I wasn't at all.

I got your joke, but you don't get mine. Fine by me. You pointed out that Gangwish was stupid to try and take a Selfie with a wild animal, and then he killed it with a Crescent Wrench because it bit him.

I merely pointed out that Nebraska has Academic All Americans and googling brings it up, but when I googled Academic All Americans at Oregon State nothing jumped out at me.

I merely made a joke about Oregon State and Academics. Nothing about Washington. Yet, you go defensive.

I have no idea, what academics are even like at Oregon State. For all I know, Oregon State could be the other Harvard of the West Coast(I know Stanford is THE Harvard of the West Coast)

First off, you should be thinking that most posts when people type them, the people actually think they are being humorous. I try to think that until proven otherwise. Such as me and TexasExes. We find zero humor in most of our posts. But we are okay with it.
Come on man. You take the fun out of it when I try and poke you harder and you go all explanatory on me.

BTW, am I the only one that laughed at the guy with the gay avatar trying to call someone else out for wanting to have gay sex? Anyone? Seriously exes, until you are finally over that penalty I'd really not go down that road. It just doesn't have the same juice.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were others, I am one. It caught me off guard but I like it.

The guy was a half quarter from having the freaking OS Beavers in the Rose Bowl >5 years ago.

The BEAVERS!

He will bring big ass tough as nails Somans and Tongans to Lincoln by the scad. He will bring speedsters like NFL players Quiz Rodgers, Markus Wheaton, and Brandin Cooks. He will bring NFL arms like Moore, Anderson , and Mannion to Lincoln.

He can get these guys to Corvallis, I can only imagine who he will bring to Lincoln.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope our hire is better than Nebraska and Florida's....Jesus they are terrible hires -- or at least ones I would certainly not be excited about as a fan.

I was going to say here's to you eating those words but this fucking B1G schedule won't put us together until 2018.
If only you could make it to Indianapolis once in awhile.:whistle:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say loser, just continue to enjoy those 9-4 seasons.........but I understand what you're saying

I would of been fine with 9-4 if two or three of those losses weren't by 3 touchdowns or more and all four 9 and 4 accompanied by his on-field melt downs.

I want to compete in every game we play. that is what we have not been doing and I believe we have a good chance with MR to do this.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a certainly. Bo wouldn't win 9 games a year in Corvallis. Not even eight...

Neither did Riley, but Mike knows how to develop talent. One of Husker nations biggest gripes with pelini.

Now you have one of the best in the biz in that regard. Be happy! I've already seen some saying they won't even go to a game next year because of this hire. I thought Husker fans were a little more football savvy.

He's just a better head coach than Pelini ever will be.

One that I am aware of and he also said he was going to become a Longhorn fan. That in itself tells you all you need to know about that "fan"

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading excuses for his mediocrity at Oregon State. How'd he do with the Chargers?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it what you like, but every head coach has their own schemes and methods they are used to working with. Not all prior kids fit in with that. Some of those kids that were failing under Bo are going to not be there anymore. Rebuild doesn't have to mean destroy and start over, but it's still rebuilding.

Riley's going to want his kind of QB there. Is there one already there? If there is great, if not it's 3 years from now before you can see the fruits of his labor in getting one and building them up. Same at other key positions.

The qb is one he recruited the shit out of, Johnny Stanton. Got great running backs and two great wide receivers that only need developed.
The o-line? God only knows. He's got to teach them how to not fall over first.

But skill positions we've got what he needs already.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One that I am aware of and he also said he was going to become a Longhorn fan. That in itself tells you all you need to know about that "fan"

For those that want to know, that is me they are alluding to.

Yes, I go to Nebraska games. I have been in the Lincoln Journal, Omaha World Herald, been on the BTN, and gone world wide with the Associated Press in my Nebraska fandom.

I am a passionate fan. Of all the available coaches out there, ones that have proven to be winners, Mike Riley was not it.

Three of the Nebraska Board of Regents admit they had no idea who he even was.

We shall see next year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The qb is one he recruited the shit out of, Johnny Stanton. Got great running backs and two great wide receivers that only need developed.
The o-line? God only knows. He's got to teach them how to not fall over first.

But skill positions we've got what he needs already.

Thanks for the laugh this morning. That was one of my favorite gif's of the year.

:suds:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy was a half quarter from having the freaking OS Beavers in the Rose Bowl >5 years ago.

The BEAVERS!

He will bring big ass tough as nails Somans and Tongans to Lincoln by the scad. He will bring speedsters like NFL players Quiz Rodgers, Markus Wheaton, and Brandin Cooks. He will bring NFL arms like Moore, Anderson , and Mannion to Lincoln.

He can get these guys to Corvallis, I can only imagine who he will bring to Lincoln.

I know he recruited the Samoans quite well but that is west coast. We are mid west. I don't expect that so much but that's okay. It would be great but don't expect them to be too excited about moving to Nebraska.