• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Riley the new Nebraska coach.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, we're getting off track here. Let's get back to how NU is officially Iowa 2.0......

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing Riley will never do is call Nebraska fans delusional fucking idiots like Bo and Callahan did.

There is always that.

After a couple of losing seasons when Nebraska fans want him gone, you'll be surprised to hear what he has to say.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on everybody...cheer up!

This should help:

Last edited by a moderator:

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media likes him because he's a nice guy and PAC 12 fans like him because he wasn't kicking their asses on the regular.

Ingredients for a LOSER

This is exactly what I was thinking winners have haters.
nobody loves Nick Saban like this, or Urban Meyer.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the ugly girl with the "great personality" that your friend's wives are always trying to set you up with.
That makes Nebraska the ugly guy whos standards are too high and therefore never gets laid :yahoo:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley has lost a ton of games against elite Pac12 teams when he had 4th quart leads. That was due, in my OP, to the lack of team depth. Those late lead loses won't happen at Braska.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with all the Washington fans in this thread circle jerking Mike Riley?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a couple of losing seasons when Nebraska fans want him gone, you'll be surprised to hear what he has to say.
No, we won't. He's quite literally the nicest guy on the planet. Doesn't matter how hard you all shit on him. There is no chance he is anything but full class both on and off the field. You won't ever have a hidden camera moment from him.
This is exactly what I was thinking winners have haters.
nobody loves Nick Saban like this, or Urban Meyer.
So no one outside of Bama respects and admires Saban? :wtf: I mean don't bring Meyer into it as he's a fucking tool, but Saban is a decent guy on top of being a hell of a football coach and I think most people in the country recognize that.

All any of us who have watched and followed Riley are saying is he really is a guy no one can say a bad word about. There may be room for your own questioning of the results (or lack there of) on his football teams and I think everyone understands that, but if you watched that program over the last 10 years you might have a different view. There are a slew of guys he got down there that big programs were after, but not nearly enough to contend for titles. It's a small town team. It's Pullman Washington or Lubbock Texas. Their cross state rival is at the top of the game so how hard is it to get the few in state gems even?

No one can say what kind of success he will or will not have at Nebraska. He hasn't ever had access to 4 and 5 star athletes. All we do know is he has turned 2 and 3 star athletes into warriors and those that moved on to the NFL likely wouldn't have had that shot had they been in another under the radar P5 school.

I've always respected Nebraska and admired their tradition and the classiness of their fans. Maybe I'm just living in the past too much, because the fans I see now aren't the same ones that stand up and cheer for opposing teams that put on a great show. I'm seeing more of the selfish, whiny, impatient types that plague every other program in the country. I guess it's time to update my views of them accordingly.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with all the Washington fans in this thread circle jerking Mike Riley?

So Ohio State fans in a thread that has nothing to do with Ohio State is somehow different? :pound:

People like to chat about things they have knowledge of so why would you be surprised to see any fan that has followed an opposing school would chime in on it?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, we're getting off track here. Let's get back to how NU is officially Iowa 2.0......

I want to talk about how Texas is Oregon State 2.0

Oregon State has gone 29-33 over the last five years, with three losing seasons. Texas has gone 35-27 over the last five years. With one losing season, and one season that is .500, but could be a losing season.

Oregon State has lost four or more games each of the last five years.
Texas has lost four or more games each of the last five years.

Oregon State gets pounded by Oregon
Texas gets pounded by Oregon, in Texas no less

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ohio State fans in a thread that has nothing to do with Ohio State is somehow different? :pound:

People like to chat about things they have knowledge of so why would you be surprised to see any fan that has followed an opposing school would chime in on it?
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just funny all the Husky fans trying to convince us that he is a good coach.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just funny all the Husky fans trying to convince us that he is a good coach.
No one is trying to convince you of anything. I mean everyone knows you can't teach a Buckeye anything right?

:suds:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is trying to convince you of anything. I mean everyone knows you can't teach a Buckeye anything right?

:suds:
Damn, Husky fan trying to talk smack! It's a Friday and it'd be too easy to rip Wash so i'll just let it go (;

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to find examples of Riley recruited players being stupid enough to try and take a selfie with a wild raccoon. So far that search is coming up empty. :noidea:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to find examples of Riley recruited players being stupid enough to try and take a selfie with a wild raccoon. So far that search is coming up empty. :noidea:

Googling for Oregon State Academic All Americans has yielded me nothing.

Googling Nebraska football Academic All Americans gets me lots.

Tell me Wizardhawk, what am I doing wrong?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Googling for Oregon State Academic All Americans has yielded me nothing.

Googling Nebraska football Academic All Americans gets me lots.

Tell me Wizardhawk, what am I doing wrong?

REilly has 17 players in the NFL vs 21 for NEbraska (using ESPN). That tells you a lot about Riley's ability to develop and recruit left overs. Should be real interesting if he gets better recruits