• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Leach To Mississippi State

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel like MISS STATE panicked and just took a big name without thinking it through
They could have done better. There are plenty of up and coming assistants who would be a better fit.

This is a 60 year old dude who:
hates the media
refuses to recruit
pisses off all the other coaches in the league
struggles to beat rival schools
has some issues with NCAA stuff and off field

All While getting mediocre results in the W/L column

They interviewed quite a bit, either they weren't interested, took other jobs or stayed at their current position. Only other options I heard were Todd Grantham, Sark or Skip Holtz.

They could not have done better...and it isn't even close. Leach has more experience and success by far.

You do realize he coached at Texas Tech and Wazzu. Wazzu has to compete with all Cali schools, Oregon schools and Washington for recruits. Texas Tech well they have to compete with even more and that one is self-explanatory. So basically he was recruiting some 4 stars, mainly 3 stars and some 2 stars and he won 60% of his games.

Wazzu had TEN 8 or more win seasons in 94 years. Leach got FOUR 8 or more win seasons in 8 years.

Texas Tech had NINE 9 or more win seasons in 67 years. Leach got FOUR in 10 seasons. Never finished .500 or less. And finished with 8 wins or more in 8 of 10 seasons.

In 12 of his 18 years, his team was ranked.

So pretty much he succeeded, won 60% of his games at these schools, where these teams traditionally were not football schools and haven't had much success.

Man, what a bad hire lolzzz

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get all the Mississippi State love. Yeah they're in the SEC but put them in the Big XII and they're on the same level as Texas Tech.............which is where the whole Mike Leach thing got started in the first place. He's perfect for a school like that. NOBODY likes to play a Mike Leach team if they have any talent at all and you're waltzing into their stadium at night highly ranked. He can voodoo your season in a heartbeat.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I could see Graham Harrell leaving USC to take the job.
Not so much with Alex Grinch at Oklahoma though.

Imagine that.
Kendal Briles is interesting.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get all the Mississippi State love. Yeah they're in the SEC but put them in the Big XII and they're on the same level as Texas Tech.............which is where the whole Mike Leach thing got started in the first place. He's perfect for a school like that. NOBODY likes to play a Mike Leach team if they have any talent at all and you're waltzing into their stadium at night highly ranked. He can voodoo your season in a heartbeat.

And the thing is he can get better recruits at Miss St than Wazzu or Texas Tech. Of course a tougher conference but there are a lot of athletes in MS. Venture over to Bama and Florida some, not to mention the transfer portal...he might have his best recruiting days now. Will be interesting to see it all unfold.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press Conference just started...this should be interesting

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the thing is he can get better recruits at Miss St than Wazzu or Texas Tech. Of course a tougher conference but there are a lot of athletes in MS. Venture over to Bama and Florida some, not to mention the transfer portal...he might have his best recruiting days now. Will be interesting to see it all unfold.
So are you know going to come out of the closet and actually claim your Miss State fandom or just keep on with the bandwagon Ohio State fandom.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fingers crossed for a Miss St Vs Texas Tech Texas bowl next year

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mississippi produces athletes that you could never get in Pullman. I heard he is hiring Strong as DC, which seems like a smart move. Strong can recruit and probably relate a bit better than the Pirate down south

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said every team runs parts of it. I never said every team is air raid, completely different.

dont facepalm me, here is the quote

“but the Air Raid is now a part of every offense you see on television”

You see everyone incorporating air raid offense as part of their offense. Either you didn’t read or your idea of the Air Raid tree begins with Mumme and ends with Leach. You probably haven’t looked at guys like Holgo, Riley, and even Briles. It’s easily the most influential offense, since the West Coast offense

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mississippi produces athletes that you could never get in Pullman. I heard he is hiring Strong as DC, which seems like a smart move. Strong can recruit and probably relate a bit better than the Pirate down south

Would be a hell of a hire tbh. Miss St has six 4 stars in the 2020 class. I don't think Leach got that ever in Pullman or Lubbock. The amount of athletes in MS, AL, FL or GA is unreal.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turn on the NFL and get back to me.

Name 1 NFL team that runs the Air Raid? The closest is Arizona and even they don’t run the Air Raid. The Air Raid was an offense that evolved which Leach hasn’t. Bill Walsh created the West Coast offense but it has evolved throughout history.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Pats have won Super Bowls doing it, so what is your point?

Hmm, when have the Patriots won the Super Bowl when they went pass heavy? The one year their offense went pass happy they choked the Super Bowl away to the crappy Giants.