• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Leach To Mississippi State

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah of course, the goal is the same as it was at Wazzu essentially. Win 7-8 games every year and you are safe, 10-11 and you are a legend and will get praised forever.

Recruiting will take a jump and Leach already knows it...it's one of the main reasons he took the job.

2020 recruiting classes so far (this was with Miss St have Moorehead and lousy coach)

Miss St 27th - FIVE 4 stars, THIRTEEN 3 stars
Texas Tech 46th - ONE 4 star, EIGHTEEN 3 stars
Wazzu 61st - ZERO 4 stars, EIGHTEEN 3 stars

It's like night and day. But like you said the goal is the same as at Tech or Wazzu though.

Yep. I think I said earlier in this thread or another that it's kind of an "accepting our fate" hire by MSU.

They know they aren't going to be competing with Bama, etc. for the SEC championship...but they can bring in a coach who has a system that is fun to watch, can be a headache for the teams that do compete for the SEC and shake up SEC pressers a bit.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More to choose from in the south, that's just a fact. It's why Alabama, Clemson, Georgia have high classes EVERY single year. Easier to find 4 stars down here then picking and choosing leftovers in those states.

Mississippi St while not being a a very prestigious school still will get better recruits than Wazzu every single year bc of this fact but when you add in a a great developer of lower talent and coach like Leach...it makes him that much more dangerous. SEC is a tougher conference though so the goal is the same. 8-9 wins and you will keep a job forever, win 10-11 games and you are legend at Miss St.
Here is something that may help Miss St from what I heard was a problem with the other guy.

While he may be considered "zany" and that not fit the script, Leach is a pretty good disciplinarian from what the folks at Texas Tech told me. That was also one of Strong's strengths (or weaknesses...according to some) at Texas. That should clean up some of those off field issues.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still waiting on what the hell you are talking about, about the myth of 4 verticals. The only staple of the Air Raid is the O line splits. I cannot speak for Texas Tech but not once in a game against a P5 team did he run 4 verticals except a Hail Mary. It was always 2 verticals and a 5 and 10 yard crossing route, which is why every single team that played sound zone beat it. Let alone why none of his disciples have ran his exact offense. The West Coast offense has stayed true to its philosophy/original concept, the Air Raid hasn’t with any successful coach. But Mike Leach can be more successful in Mississippi since his offense can work which it couldn’t in early September or late November in Pullman.

take a look at These:

Play diagram: Four Verts

Four Vertical Landmarks, Reads and Progressions

Four verticals – Coach and Coordinator
https://www.xandolabs.com/index.php...r-vertical-concept-part-1&catid=99&Itemid=163
Smart Football: Getting Vertical with Dan Gonzalez
https://www.xandolabs.com/index.php...r-vertical-concept-part-1&catid=99&Itemid=163
Tell me again how Leach doesn’t run 4 verts, when you are done reading

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I can say is, YES!

If I can live to see a joint Leach/Orgeron press conference, I can die a happy man

and, the Ags get to play him every year! Just like old times

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess a pirate can mesh with cowbells. He did with tortillas.

Is there a discipline shed in StarkVegas?

Hoopla Cash
$ 0.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where there is cowbells, there is cows, and where there is cows there will be sheds.
So I say yes. One shed can be used to house discipline "problems".

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where there is cowbells, there is cows, and where there is cows there will be sheds.
So I say yes. One shed can be used to house discipline "problems".
OR... maybe house "fat little girlfriends"! heh heh :heh:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where there is cowbells, there is cows

giphy.gif

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Point? His entire offense was two verticals and two either shallow or deep drags which turn into crossing routes. It’s a simple offense to defend if you have patience which is why UW shut it down every time and why shitty defenses like Oregon got torched.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point? His entire offense was two verticals and two either shallow or deep drags which turn into crossing routes. It’s a simple offense to defend if you have patience which is why UW shut it down every time and why shitty defenses like Oregon got torched.

there is no point if you are going to ignore all evidence and just spout out an uninformed opinion

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a raw deal from Texas Tech. I’m glad he is getting a shot in the big leagues finally.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The whole town of Starkville is a discipline shed...it's even in the name, bitch is stark.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Point? Let’s take your little faux diagram. He hasn’t run 4 verticals since he was at Texas Tech then. Since you are fond of googling to make yourself look foolish. Google one touchdown thrown by WSU in the past 4 years (his most successful years with WSU) and find one touchdown that was a vertical. He ran 2 shallows and 2 deep crosses 99% on the time he had 4 receivers on and when he had 3 receivers he had a deep and shallow receiver run drags then his loan wide out pretend he was blocking and do some play ground slant.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no point if you are going to ignore all evidence and just spout out an uninformed opinion

You have zero evidence. You got little papers of the premise of his offense. Fact is, in his entire tenure at Wazzu, the only time he ran 4 verticals was on either draw plays or shuffle passes. I’ll wait your rebuttal on Washington State football at anytime cupcake.