• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan with a Great Opportunity to Finish 3rd in the East (Again)

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took over a program which had an absolutely bare QB room. He didn’t bring in transfer QB’s by the droves, because we were loaded with talent. We had nothing.

He had no recruiting class year one and the QB in the class he convinced to come, he recruited him as a TE and he is in the NFL now as a TE.

Year 2, he brought in Brandon Peters. Redshirted. Had the physical attributes, but was just missing the pocket presence needed to be a truly successful QB. He starts for Illinois now.

Year 3, he brought in McCaffrey who has the pedigree and genetics to be great, but unlike his brother Chris, he is built like a bean pole. Redshirted and needed to add, bar minimum 30 lbs. He has played the equivalent of one game worth of snaps and has broke his collar bone and had a brutal concussion. (Most likely will be the starter next year)

Year 4 with Patterson. We had a guy whose best attribute was improvising and scrambling, and we put him in a NFL offense and take his best attributes away from him. But last year — OSU outcoached UM badly. The offense scored 35 or 38 or whatever — OSU found a hole in the defense and UM didn’t make the necessary adjustments and didn’t have the athletes to cover the WRs

year 5 — UM had a brand new offense and at the beginning of the year — they were atrocious. That’s putting it lightly. They seemed to have found a rhythm with the play calling and the team looks completely different, but it is too late.

My BIGGEST issue with Harbaugh isn’t losing to OSU, as OSU is one of the top 5 teams in the country year in and year out. It is his QB recruitment. The ONLY time a Harbaugh QB recruit has started a game is Peters, when he was the 3rd stringer and the 1st and 2nd string were hurt.

If we were losing to bad OSU teams — I’d be upset more, but right now, OSU is one of the top programs and UM hasn’t got to their level yet. I don’t have a ton of hope for this year either, as they look better than I’ve ever seen them.

For the record I Like Jim Harbaugh. A lot. I hope UofM does well.

It's just so funny when they don't.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I Like Jim Harbaugh. A lot. I hope UofM does well.

It's just so funny when they don't.

I’m a die hard UM fan and I can’t complain with how he has done.

OSU has simply been the better team. Last year was the closest they’ve been in terms of talent, and last year, UM, especially Don Brown, were grossly outcoached. They found a weakness and beat it to death and UM refused to make adjustments.

It is, what it is. If UM was losing all the time to an inferior team — I’d be really bitter. OSU is not that.

IF, and now, after 5 years, I say IF, Harbaugh is able to find an elite QB — UM will be able to compete with other elite programs. When we signed Harbaugh — I thought it’d be a given we got an elite QB. That hasn’t happened.

Shea Patterson shows flashes and over the last 4 weeks seems to finally have an understanding of where the balls need to go in the new offense, but we still haven’t had a truly elite QB in 5 years. And not once have we had a QB better than OSU has had.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh gonna Harbaugh.