• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan with a Great Opportunity to Finish 3rd in the East (Again)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are focused on OSU and not championships.

Logic is paying a guy 7.5 million that can't even take you to the B1GC game nor CFP.

Even Dantonio can do that with MSU.

But the guy can make pump you up videos. I guess you get your $$$ that way.

It is pretty simple — if you don’t beat OSU, you aren’t playing for any type of championship.

So while it sounds nice to say championship or bust — that road go thru OSU.

Before OSU got Fields — I thought this would be the year, but they look better than I’ve seen them, and that includes the year they won the national championship. They have an elite defense to go with the offense now. So it is a tall order to beat them.

We will get to see on Saturday. Supposed to snow and rain, so it should make for a fun game to watch.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim "my brother is a better coach" Harbaugh

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan didn't come into the season just wanting to beat OSU, it wanted to win the championship obviously. That goal was toast after a second loss, so the goal was then to beat OSU. That was exactly happened to OSU year in year out not all that long ago.

Why would that goal be toast?

It is Harbaugh's 5ht year. It is his team and his coaches. There should be no excuses.

How many years did it take Meyer to win the B1GC game and CFP?

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty simple — if you don’t beat OSU, you aren’t playing for any type of championship.

So while it sounds nice to say championship or bust — that road go thru OSU.

Before OSU got Fields — I thought this would be the year, but they look better than I’ve seen them, and that includes the year they won the national championship. They have an elite defense to go with the offense now. So it is a tall order to beat them.

We will get to see on Saturday. Supposed to snow and rain, so it should make for a fun game to watch.

The game on Saturday is going to be great. I think either team has the ability to win it and I do not expect a blow out.

But with that said, this is year 5 for Harbaugh. Why has he not delivered at least going to the B1GC game?

The guy is paid 7+ million a year.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, it is year 5 with Harbaugh at the helm.

How many years till he makes it to the B1GC game or CFP?

Here is my simple answer to everything Jim Harbaugh. I don’t make coaching decisions and I am not a powerful alumni or donor to have an impact. As long as Harbaugh is coach, I support him. If Michigan gets another coach, I’ll support him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game on Saturday is going to be great. I think either team has the ability to win it and I do not expect a blow out.

But with that said, this is year 5 for Harbaugh. Why has he not delivered at least going to the B1GC game?

He hasn’t beaten OSU. Which brings us back to the original comment that the road to any championship for UM goes thru OSU.

I wasn’t really upset about any of the OSU games where Harbaugh has coached until last year.

Year 1 — OSU was vastly more talented and it wasn’t close.

Year 2 — I thought it’d be a good game and it was. UM came a questionable 4th down spot in OT from winning.

Year 3 — Our starting QB was hurt, our back up QB was hurt and John O’Korn was our starting QB. Was still a good game. UM had the ball and a chance to win with 3 minutes to go — O’Korn threw a perfect pass, but no one on UM was within 20 yards of it. OSU int and they scored late to make it look worse than it was.

year 4 — THIS is the game I despised and was embarrassed by. UM was outcoached by a landslide. OSU absolutely torched UM’s slot CB. They threw to who he was covering over and over and over. This game though is the one that hurt the most because it was never really a game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And while fans, like myself, are pissed he hasn’t beaten OSU or won anything of substance — the school is fine with him, as the school/athletic dept has never received the amount of money they have since he took over and the programs academics are as high as they have ever been.

Stuff like that means absolutely to me, but to the university and alumni — it does.

They have alumni lining up to foot the bill on that ridiculous team trip each year. It cost a million dollar PER YEAR and they have multiple alum who have said they will pay for it as long as they’d like to go.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn’t beaten OSU. Which brings us back to the original comment that the road to any championship for UM goes thru OSU.

I wasn’t really upset about any of the OSU games where Harbaugh has coached until last year.

Year 1 — OSU was vastly more talented and it wasn’t close.

Year 2 — I thought it’d be a good game and it was. UM came a questionable 4th down spot in OT from winning.

Year 3 — Our starting QB was hurt, our back up QB was hurt and John O’Korn was our starting QB. Was still a good game. UM had the ball and a chance to win with 3 minutes to go — O’Korn threw a perfect pass, but no one on UM was within 20 yards of it. OSU int and they scored late to make it look worse than it was.

year 4 — THIS is the game I despised and was embarrassed by. UM was outcoached by a landslide. OSU absolutely torched UM’s slot CB. They threw to who he was covering over and over and over. This game though is the one that hurt the most because it was never really a game.

So why isn't Harbaugh winning? It has been 5 years.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while fans, like myself, are pissed he hasn’t beaten OSU or won anything of substance — the school is fine with him, as the school/athletic dept has never received the amount of money they have since he took over and the programs academics are as high as they have ever been.

Stuff like that means absolutely to me, but to the university and alumni — it does.

They have alumni lining up to foot the bill on that ridiculous team trip each year. It cost a million dollar PER YEAR and they have multiple alum who have said they will pay for it as long as they’d like to go.

So it is about the money now?

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you even imagine ...

Streets will be named after him, this board will burn like a thousand suns!

The clamour for them to be in the top 4 will be deafening.

And if they do beat us, they still will not be in the B1GC game nor inthe CFP.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why isn't Harbaugh winning? It has been 5 years.

He took over a program which had an absolutely bare QB room. He didn’t bring in transfer QB’s by the droves, because we were loaded with talent. We had nothing.

He had no recruiting class year one and the QB in the class he convinced to come, he recruited him as a TE and he is in the NFL now as a TE.

Year 2, he brought in Brandon Peters. Redshirted. Had the physical attributes, but was just missing the pocket presence needed to be a truly successful QB. He starts for Illinois now.

Year 3, he brought in McCaffrey who has the pedigree and genetics to be great, but unlike his brother Chris, he is built like a bean pole. Redshirted and needed to add, bar minimum 30 lbs. He has played the equivalent of one game worth of snaps and has broke his collar bone and had a brutal concussion. (Most likely will be the starter next year)

Year 4 with Patterson. We had a guy whose best attribute was improvising and scrambling, and we put him in a NFL offense and take his best attributes away from him. But last year — OSU outcoached UM badly. The offense scored 35 or 38 or whatever — OSU found a hole in the defense and UM didn’t make the necessary adjustments and didn’t have the athletes to cover the WRs

year 5 — UM had a brand new offense and at the beginning of the year — they were atrocious. That’s putting it lightly. They seemed to have found a rhythm with the play calling and the team looks completely different, but it is too late.

My BIGGEST issue with Harbaugh isn’t losing to OSU, as OSU is one of the top 5 teams in the country year in and year out. It is his QB recruitment. The ONLY time a Harbaugh QB recruit has started a game is Peters, when he was the 3rd stringer and the 1st and 2nd string were hurt.

If we were losing to bad OSU teams — I’d be upset more, but right now, OSU is one of the top programs and UM hasn’t got to their level yet. I don’t have a ton of hope for this year either, as they look better than I’ve ever seen them.