• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan Sucks - Spread Offense Edition

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue the opposite. Did you pay attention to what Michigan was prior to Harbaugh? We were consistently struggling to make bowl games and beat Toledo.

All I care about is Michigan losing year in and out to Ohio State. So far so good. Keep up the good work.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did it take him 4+ years to figure this out by your logic?

You pay him so much he should have figured it out day one.
We pay him that much because that's how much other teams, especially in the NFL, would pay him. And we paid him that much to turn around the program; which he has done.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We pay him that much because that's how much other teams, especially in the NFL, would pay him. And we paid him that much to turn around the program; which he has done.

He's turned the program around? Only on your video game system. How can you say he's turned things around when he's won nothing, has a losing record vs. Ohio State & is only 2-2 vs. Michigan State? And it was just 2 years ago that he went 0-5 vs. teams that finished the regular season .500.

He's the only meeeechegan coach to start his coaching career 0-4 vs. the Buckeyes. And last year Hiz Boyz gave up an all time worst 62 points in Columbus.

He's turned things around.:pound: Thanks for the laugh.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no difference between giving free vacations to players than giving free cars or free tattoos.
One is an educational experience, something many of those players will never have the opportunity to do outside of college, and the others are just gifts. My brother, who wrote for the Michigan daily while at UM, got given a similar experience during college. Some donor paid for writers for school newspapers around the country to take a tour of Europe for like 4 weeks as part of a study abroad program. It's not like they're getting trips to all inclusive resorts in Cancun.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's turned the program around? Only on your video game system. How can you say he's turned things around when he's won nothing, has a losing record vs. Ohio State & is only 2-2 vs. Michigan State? And it was just 2 years ago that he went 0-5 vs. teams that finished the regular season .500.

He's the only meeeechegan coach to start his coaching career 0-4 vs. the Buckeyes. And last year Hiz Boyz gave up an all time worst 62 points in Columbus.

He's turned things around.:pound: Thanks for the laugh.
He was paid to come here to do more than just beat OSU. The first step was winning more than 5-8 games a year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One is an educational experience, something many of those players will never have the opportunity to do outside of college, and the others are just gifts. My brother, who wrote for the Michigan daily while at UM, got given a similar experience during college. Some donor paid for writers for school newspapers around the country to take a tour of Europe for like 4 weeks as part of a study abroad program. It's not like they're getting trips to all inclusive resorts in Cancun.
Yeah, “educational experience”. Are the classes designed by UNC?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, “educational experience”. Are the classes designed by UNC?
So you argument is that there's no educational experience by taking kids, many of which are from super poor areas/families, and showing them things like the Colosseum, visiting the Vatican, and all sorts of other museum/sites in Rome is not educational at all? A study abroad program doesn't mean there's credits assigned to it, they can't but don't require it. If there's educational value, I don't know how you argue against it?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you argument is that there's no educational experience by taking kids, many of which are from super poor areas/families, and showing them things like the Colosseum, visiting the Vatican, and all sorts of other museum/sites in Rome is not educational at all?
I’m saying that just going on a sight seeing vacation isn’t educational. You can twist it anyway you like but if Ohio State sent it’s players to Cancun and they went sight seeing there, you would be saying how it’s cheating.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m saying that just going on a sight seeing vacation isn’t educational. You can twist it anyway you like but if Ohio State sent it’s players to Cancun and they went sight seeing there, you would be saying how it’s cheating.
Honestly, if the trip was actually OSU visiting sites like the pyramids in Tulum, then I wouldn't have an issue with it. If they're just sitting on a beach for 7 days, then it might switch my opinion of it all. But from what I've seen of our trips, a vast majority of the time they are using the trip to really show these kids stuff that's educational. Which I think is great. Again, most of these kids won't get NFL money and most of them would probably have no other chance to see this kind of stuff in their lifetime.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was paid to come here to do more than just beat OSU. The first step was winning more than 5-8 games a year.

You said he turned the program around. There's no question they're better since Jimmy Jam got to ann arbor. He hasn't won anything. How is that a turnaround?

He was paid to come here to do more than just beat OSU :crazy:...:pound:

He hasn't beaten Ohio State though.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you guys have sunk to pretty low expectations.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More excuses for what he is not delivering on but is getting paid to do.

He has not beaten THE, she he has NOT turned your program around. It is right where THE fans like it.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh demonstrating the hi-powered Michigan passing game.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you guys have sunk to pretty low expectations.
Winning games is low expectations? We weren't winning games, any games, before he got here. We were losing to Toledo and Rutgers. RUTGERS. So yeah, I'm pretty happy that in the last 4 seasons I've watched as many ten win seasons as the previous 12, spanning 3 different coaches.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning games is low expectations? We weren't winning games, any games, before he got here. We were losing to Toledo and Rutgers. RUTGERS. So yeah, I'm pretty happy that in the last 4 seasons I've watched as many ten win seasons as the previous 12, spanning 3 different coaches.

So 10-3, no BiGC nor CFP championships is the threshold for Michigan now?

Who has it better than us? Not Michigan.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on you accepting 10-3 is the new normal for Michigan, this is how I view Michigan football.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 10-3, no BiGC nor CFP championships is the threshold for Michigan now?

Who has it better than us? Not Michigan.
I'm not unhappy with it at this point. Of course we want more but suggesting his time here has been a failure is kinda dumb.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not unhappy with it at this point. Of course we want more but suggesting his time here has been a failure is kinda dumb.

Harbaugh isn't paid the amount he is to be 10-3 and no B1GCC and no CFPC.

He is under delivering what he is paid to do.