• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan Sucks - Spread Offense Edition

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Harbaugh is moving Michigan to a no-huddle spread offense. Is he still going to call the plays? I don't see this going very well and smells like an act of desperation.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Harbaugh is moving Michigan to a no-huddle spread offense. Is he still going to call the plays? I don't see this going very well and smells like an act of desperation.
He supposedly is giving up control to Gattis. We will see.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He supposedly is giving up control to Gattis. We will see.
Harbaugh is tired of getting beat by double digits and is throwing a Hail Mary to try and correct. This will not end well and could tank his recruiting.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is tired of getting beat by double digits and is throwing a Hail Mary to try and correct. This will not end well and could tank his recruiting.
I mean Gattis ran a no huddle/hurry up offense at Alabama so.... wait what?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Gattis ran a no huddle/hurry up offense at Alabama so.... wait what?
He won't have the 5 stars at every skill position either nor the line. I don't care how much the Michigan fans complain that this isn't so...it is true.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't have the 5 stars at every skill position either nor the line. I don't care how much the Michigan fans complain that this isn't so...it is true.
The average B1G team has less talented recruit as compared to the average SEC recruit. Recruit talent wise, B1G is pretty much

OSU

UM

PSU

Everybody else.

In my opinion, the coaches are overall better than the SEC though.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:
How will this negatively impact recruiting? He is finally, finally running a system that 90% of the other teams in the world are running. Know what tanks recruiting? Getting assphucked

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call it a full fledged "spread" but we'll see. Gattis is supposed to have full control. I'd argue it's simply "modernizing" the offense. Using terms like "spread" encompass too many different kinds of offense. From the spring game it seems like the biggest change is going no huddle, which should give them more time to operate and gets away from the slow-developing RB plays up the middle that killed our offense in the past. I expect it to look more like what most modern offenses run in CFB, like what OSU, Alabama and Clemson use. And not like what RR failed to implement at Michigan. It's also what our QB's like Shea, Mccaffrey and Milton seem more designed to run physically.

I personally love and welcome the adaptation from Harbaugh. He saw a problem and is now trying to solve it; a problem that's kept us from winning some key games in the past 4 years.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to burst your bubble, but our QB was the #1 QB recruit in his class; a five star. We have People's-Jones, which was the #1 WR in his class; a five star. And we have an incoming freshman RB Charbonnet, who ranked 12 spots out of being a 5 star. A top 5 RB in the class. Do we have five stars at every position in the two deep like Bama? No. But talent is most certainly not an issue on offense. Our recruiting class from 2017 is phenomenal. And have a crap-load of top end 4 star talent. More than most teams outside of a small handful. Michigan should, on paper, be one of the 10 most talented teams in 2019.

Our offensive line features 3 guys who were ranked in the top 87, two guys who ranked in the top 50, as recruits. Again, few teams can compete with Bama's talent but that's going to rank among the best in terms of recruited talent compared to most teams.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call it a full fledged "spread" but we'll see. Gattis is supposed to have full control. I'd argue it's simply "modernizing" the offense. Using terms like "spread" encompass too many different kinds of offense. From the spring game it seems like the biggest change is going no huddle, which should give them more time to operate and gets away from the slow-developing RB plays up the middle that killed our offense in the past. I expect it to look more like what most modern offenses run in CFB, like what OSU, Alabama and Clemson use. And not like what RR failed to implement at Michigan. It's also what our QB's like Shea, Mccaffrey and Milton seem more designed to run physically.

I personally love and welcome the adaptation from Harbaugh. He saw a problem and is now trying to solve it; a problem that's kept us from winning some key games in the past 4 years.
Here's some spring game highlights:

Takeaway from the non-game two hand touch scenarios, running plays look similar just out of shotgun. Passing plays seem more frequent and a lot more quick passes over the middle (which didn't exist the last few years). Less TE passing and more deep shots. Now, I'm sure most of this was just spring game fluff, so we don't know how it will play out during games. But certainly a better looking offense than before. Seems far more capable of production and getting our best players the ball.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to burst your bubble, but our QB was the #1 QB recruit in his class; a five star. We have People's-Jones, which was the #1 WR in his class; a five star. And we have an incoming freshman RB Charbonnet, who ranked 12 spots out of being a 5 star. A top 5 RB in the class. Do we have five stars at every position in the two deep like Bama? No. But talent is most certainly not an issue on offense. Our recruiting class from 2017 is phenomenal. And have a crap-load of top end 4 star talent. More than most teams outside of a small handful. Michigan should, on paper, be one of the 10 most talented teams in 2019.

Our offensive line features 3 guys who were ranked in the top 87, two guys who ranked in the top 50, as recruits. Again, few teams can compete with Bama's talent but that's going to rank among the best in terms of recruited talent compared to most teams.
I'm honestly not sure DPJ is a better WR than Tarik Black, if he could only stay healthy.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly not sure DPJ is a better WR than Tarik Black, if he could only stay healthy.
This may be true. DPJ has some speed that Black doesn't have. Also Nico Collins might be the best of all of them. One thing is for sure, our WR corps has a shit ton of depth and we shouldn't have had the issues passing that we did. That's why I'm hopeful that this offensive change will actually be able to distribute the ball to the talent we recruited.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to burst your bubble but your QB got beat out by a freshman at Ole Miss. Just something to remember.

Also I predicted this response early in the thread. You didn’t disappoint.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to burst your bubble but your QB got beat out by a freshman at Ole Miss. Just something to remember.

Also I predicted this response early in the thread. You didn’t disappoint.
Patterson got injured at Ole Miss. He didn't get beat out for anything. He then transferred to Michigan because of Ole Miss' bowl ban. There certainly would have been a competition when he was fully healthy. Last season Ta'amu finished with a 153 QB rating. Patterson finished with a 149 QB rating. Both ranked in the top 25 in terms of QB rating. The reality is that Ole Miss had two very good QB's on their roster. Much like Alabama had two very good QB's last year and one is now the QB at Oklahoma. Same with the two very good Georgia QB's, one now at OSU.

You predicted a response to a false claim. Michigan very literally has 5 star talent at the skill positions. What you said is wrong.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be true. DPJ has some speed that Black doesn't have. Also Nico Collins might be the best of all of them. One thing is for sure, our WR corps has a shit ton of depth and we shouldn't have had the issues passing that we did. That's why I'm hopeful that this offensive change will actually be able to distribute the ball to the talent we recruited.
You'd think you should have no issues if Gattis' is up to the task. Still have to establish a consistent lead RB.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson got injured at Ole Miss. He didn't get beat out for anything. He then transferred to Michigan because of Ole Miss' bowl ban. There certainly would have been a competition when he was fully healthy. Last season Ta'amu finished with a 153 QB rating. Patterson finished with a 149 QB rating. Both ranked in the top 25 in terms of QB rating. The reality is that Ole Miss had two very good QB's on their roster. Much like Alabama had two very good QB's last year and one is now the QB at Oklahoma. Same with the two very good Georgia QB's, one now at OSU.

You predicted a response to a false claim. Michigan very literally has 5 star talent at the skill positions. What you said is wrong.
Patterson wasn't getting the job back from Ta'amu. Fact
Not only was my prediction true, what I said has been proven on the field.

Come back to the light of reality.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson wasn't getting the job back from Ta'amu. Fact
Not only was my prediction true, what I said has been proven on the field.

Come back to the light of reality.
That's your opinion on something that's unprovable. Hardly a fact. You stated that Gattis wouldn't have 5 star talent at the skill positions, I proved that he (in fact) has five star talent at every single skill position.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion on something that's unprovable. Hardly a fact. You stated that Gattis wouldn't have 5 star talent at the skill positions, I proved that he (in fact) has five star talent at every single skill position.
Believe whatever helps you sleep at night.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe whatever helps you sleep at night.
Just a reminder, Michigan has the same fans that thought Michigan stole Nussmeyer from Alabama when he was about to be fired.