• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan Sucks - Spread Offense Edition

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe whatever helps you sleep at night.
Shea has already proven his worth at Michigan. He finished second in the B10 last year in terms of passer rating. Other than the potential that he might have been 2nd string to another great QB, I'm not sure what you're using to suggest he isn't worth his five star rating coming out of HS?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder, Michigan has the same fans that thought Michigan stole Nussmeyer from Alabama when he was about to be fired.
Yeah, but how about Florida hiring him right after we fired him? Now THAT is unforgivable.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hired a shark fucker after Florida fired him.
But to a different position. They looked at our offense under Nussmeier and were like, "yeah, I want that". Hiring a failed head coach, who was previously known for his offenses, to coach WR's wasn't a bad idea at all. He's now a head coach again.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shea has already proven his worth at Michigan. He finished second in the B10 last year in terms of passer rating. Other than the potential that he might have been 2nd string to another great QB, I'm not sure what you're using to suggest he isn't worth his five star rating coming out of HS?
Going into the 2017 season he was ranked 7th out of SEC QBs (remember this isn’t the Big12 and not a QB league). He lost 4 out of 5 before his injury and regardless of what you think he wasn’t getting the job back.

Oklahoma getting Jaken Hurts is a far superior pick than Patterson to put this in perspective.

Hurts isn’t a 5 star quality and neither is Patterson.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the 2017 season he was ranked 7th out of SEC QBs (remember this isn’t the Big12 and not a QB league). He lost 4 out of 5 before his injury and regardless of what you think he wasn’t getting the job back.

Oklahoma getting Jaken Hurts is a far superior pick than Patterson to put this in perspective.

Hurts isn’t a 5 star quality and neither is Patterson.
Patterson's QB rating in 2017 would have put him around the 4th best QB in the conference. Ta'amu ranked 3rd this year.

Last edited:

Sublight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Harbaugh is moving Michigan to a no-huddle spread offense. Is he still going to call the plays? I don't see this going very well and smells like an act of desperation.
He read Gus's book, and now thinks he can coach.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish more dumbasses would read it then. I’m tired of us being the only predictable idiots running a high school offense out there.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9e076a_7ccb3e3dfc9843a9aee835589eccce7d~mv2.jpg

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Harbaugh credit for moving his offense to a more up tempo style. He has failed miserably with making the offense competitive while having good athletes.

As for recruiting he has been bringing in top 10 talent. But has not gotten top ten results.

Gattis is a short term answer as I see him getting a Head Coaching job in 2-3 years.

Maybe the three yards in a cloud of dust BS he has been running will finally show some results.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Harbaugh credit for moving his offense to a more up tempo style. He has failed miserably with making the offense competitive while having good athletes.

As for recruiting he has been bringing in top 10 talent. But has not gotten top ten results.

Gattis is a short term answer as I see him getting a Head Coaching job in 2-3 years.

Maybe the three yards in a cloud of dust BS he has been running will finally show some results.
In terms of "top 10 results"...

In Harbaugh's 4 years Michigan has finished 14th, 10th, NR and 11th in the rankings....which is right about where the 4 year average in recruiting classes would put us talent wise in those 4 years.

Gattis will hopefully put the offense in the correct position to win and then we can insert someone else if he succeeds and moves on. Much like when Durkin left to be the HC at Maryland and we Don BRown. The defense didn't need fixing when he left.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't have the 5 stars at every skill position either nor the line. I don't care how much the Michigan fans complain that this isn't so...it is true.

It's worse than this.

Gattis was just a WR coach at Alabama. I didn't even know who he was when Michigan fans started claiming they stole Alabama's OC. He was mentioned as "CO-OC" once, which is just a BS title, and it was given to Dan Enos as well who was generally the only person mentioned with that title. Maybe others, who the hell knows.

Which means - he couldn't even beat out fucking Locksley for the job, who was terrible and.....worse than...Nuss.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of "top 10 results"...

In Harbaugh's 4 years Michigan has finished 14th, 10th, NR and 11th in the rankings....which is right about where the 4 year average in recruiting classes would put us talent wise in those 4 years.

Gattis will hopefully put the offense in the correct position to win and then we can insert someone else if he succeeds and moves on. Much like when Durkin left to be the HC at Maryland and we Don BRown. The defense didn't need fixing when he left.

I think those rankings are somewhat inflated. UofM gets a bump they often don't deserve. When Harbaugh gets them to beat ranked opponents on the road more than once I will gladly accept the bump.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's worse than this.

Gattis was just a WR coach at Alabama. I didn't even know who he was when Michigan fans started claiming they stole Alabama's OC. He was mentioned as "CO-OC" once, which is just a BS title, and it was given to Dan Enos as well who was generally the only person mentioned with that title. Maybe others, who the hell knows.

Which means - he couldn't even beat out fucking Locksley for the job, who was terrible and.....worse than...Nuss.

Oh come on now..... errbody knows Josh Gattis is the bestest OC in the land. He's gone be Yuge at Michigan.... da Wolverines offense will be unstoppable under Gattis. No doubt that Harbaugh & Gattis will lead the Wolverines to multiple B1G championships and playoff appearances for the next several years! I can see it....I can see it!

Michiganscholars_original.jpg

Noooooooo.....my eyes!

hi-res-184234969-michigan-wolverines-fan-is-maced-by-police-during-the_crop_north-644x400.jpg

LongTimeSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to talent, a HUNH 'Spread' offense doesn't need to have 5 star talent to be downright prolific.

This is why every small-ass highschool team runs it.

You think guys like Hal Mumy or Mike Leach ever had 5 star talent? Hell no, yet they still tapped that ass with their schemes.

With that said, I don't think Michigan can just 'go spread' because they feel like it. The coaching philosophy is enough different that I don't think people have converted from RPO or Pro Set to Spread overnight with any success.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to talent, a HUNH 'Spread' offense doesn't need to have 5 star talent to be downright prolific.

This is why every small-ass highschool team runs it.

You think guys like Hal Mumy or Mike Leach ever had 5 star talent? Hell no, yet they still tapped that ass with their schemes.

With that said, I don't think Michigan can just 'go spread' because they feel like it. The coaching philosophy is enough different that I don't think people have converted from RPO or Pro Set to Spread overnight with any success.
Rich Rodriguez was very successful in converting to the spread offense at Michigan.

LongTimeSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Rodriguez was very successful in converting to the spread offense at Michigan.
But that is Rich Rod's basic scheme as a coach. I mean to say that I am somewhat skeptical that Harbaugh can 'go spread' because he reads a book or hires a consultant.

Spread guys are different breeds of cat, man. They fundamentally view positions and talent differently.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is Rich Rod's basic scheme as a coach. I mean to say that I am somewhat skeptical that Harbaugh can 'go spread' because he reads a book or hires a consultant.

Spread guys are different breeds of cat, man. They fundamentally view positions and talent differently.
Rich Rods records at Michigan 3-9, 5-7, 7-6