• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan schedule Home and Home with Oklahoma in....

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of statistical bullshit, there, Ace.

You prove Mark Twain, correct, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics."

Boise State WAS an FCS team, 17 years ago, Einstein. During the transition, hell yes, they played a lot of their old foes. Duh. Since 2009, they've only played two, one because a major backed out of a game at the last minute, and the second because they couldn't find a single major, not one, willing to come to Boise.

Meanwhile, Florida plays an FCS school EVERY YEAR, especially lately. They haven't left the state in 23 years, yes, not since 1981 when Syracuse kicked their ass, for an OOC game, yes, NOT ONCE!

Your stats are bogus, while factually, "correct" carefully edited to produce a specious result, ignoring the fact that schools with $100 million plus budgets are going out and hiring victims, while Boise can't get enough home games, since brave schools like yours, wouldn't travel for neither love nor money, especially to play the likes of us.

FAIL

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You prove Mark Twain, correct, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics."

Boise State WAS an FCS team, 17 years ago, Einstein. During the transition, hell yes, they played a lot of their old foes. Duh. Since 2009, they've only played two, one because a major backed out of a game at the last minute, and the second because they couldn't find a single major, not one, willing to come to Boise.

Meanwhile, Florida plays an FCS school EVERY YEAR, especially lately. They haven't left the state in 23 years, yes, not since 1981 when Syracuse kicked their ass, for an OOC game, yes, NOT ONCE!

Your stats are bogus, while factually, "correct" carefully edited to produce a specious result, ignoring the fact that schools with $100 million plus budgets are going out and hiring victims, while Boise can't get enough home games, since brave schools like yours, wouldn't travel for neither love nor money, especially to play the likes of us.

FAIL

Florida doesn't leave the state because they play Florida St every year for an OOC game. Which is for the past 20 years a team that is quite often in the mix and rarely down that far. They also have Miami to play as well, but that hasn't been annually.

The thing that matters most in strength of schedule is not the location. It's the quality and strength of the team being played. Location has some weight, but no where near the weight of the team being played. If the team is IC or OOC has even less weight - 0 in formula, and importance in strength of schedule.

You know why Mark Twain said that? Because of people like you who cherry pick the portion of stats they like, and then make out of context false implications with them.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Ace, let's do this point by point,

You prove Twain wrong...there are 4 kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, statistics and Boise State stupidity!

Boise State WAS an FCS team, 17 years ago, Einstein.

No, stupid they were NOT and FCS school 17 years ago. BSU went FBS in 1996. The data I presented is from 1998-2013!

During the transition, hell yes, they played a lot of their old foes. Duh. Since 2009, blah, blah, blah.
that's a hell of a transition - 13 years (1996-2008)! Yeah right Junior!

Since 2009, they've only played two, one because a major backed out of a game at the last minute, and the second because they couldn't find a single major, not one, willing to come to Boise.
The usual wah, wah, wah, response when you can't back up your lousy SOS.

Meanwhile, Florida plays an FCS school EVERY YEAR, especially lately.
More stupidity... UF has played 9 FCS schools in the past 16 BCS years compared to 14 for BSU. Shame, shame, shame! Besides, we have to play FCS schools since we only get to play sucky WAC/MWC teams once every four to five seasons and not 8 times per year like BSU. But the FCS schools ARE a good approximation for BSU in-conference games. BSU IN conference record is 106-13 ---0.8908. UF record vs FCS is 8-1 ---0.8889!

They haven't left the state in 23 years, yes, not since 1981....
MATH MAJOR, 1981 to 2013 is 33 seasons while 1991 to 2013 is 23 seasons. Syracuse was ranked #11 in 1991.

They haven't left the state in 23 years,....when Syracuse kicked their ass, for an OOC game, yes, NOT ONCE!
More wah, wah, wah. The fact is UF has played 20 AP ranked opponents and 13 ranked opponents AWAY outside the state of Florida while BSU has played just 2 AP ranked opponents and 6 ranked opponents AWAY outside the state of Idaho and are just 1-5 in those games.

Your stats are bogus, while factually, "correct" carefully edited to produce a specious result,
Wah, wah, wah. Please tell me how they are carefully edited!!!!! How about YOU providing REAL comparative numbers (UF and BSU) to refute mine.

....while Boise can't get enough home games,

Don't give me that crap. BSU and UF have played the same number of home games from 1998 to 2013 (104 games). The problem is NOT the number of home games.

....ignoring the fact that schools with $100 million plus budgets are going out and hiring victims, while Boise can't get enough home games, since brave schools like yours, wouldn't travel for neither love nor money, especially to play the likes of us.

How in the hell can you NOT get it into your thick skull that the big schools DON'T NEED to play BSU. They play real schedules already. The ball is in BSU's court. IF BSU want to play Big School U then BSU will have to play AWAY games and only AWAY games (i.e. NO Hand H). BSU plays 2 away games each year but they need to make them count. STOP scheduling H and H with Tulsa, So. Miss., CMU, etc.
IF BSU wants to act like a Big Time U then they need to schedule like one. That means HOME games only for CMU, Idaho, Tulsa, etc.

Over the BCS era here are the top 15 Majors in W/L
1 Ohio St.
2 Oklahoma
3 Texas
4 Oregon
5 Virginia Tech
6 USC
7 Florida St.
8 LSU
9 Georgia
10 Florida
11 Wisconsin
12 Miami (FL)
13 Alabama
14 Nebraska
15 Michigan

Let's throw out those "too far away", That leaves..
1 Ohio St.
2 Oklahoma
3 Texas
4 Oregon
6 USC
11 Wisconsin
14 Nebraska
15 Michigan

BSU needs schedule AWAY games with AT LEAST one of these teams EACH year.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSU needs schedule AWAY games with AT LEAST one of these teams EACH year.

This is where the double talk comes in. Boise does exactly that. Every year. Oregon, Washington, Mich. St., Georgia, Ole Miss, VT, OR St.. with FSU, OK St., Virginia, and others scheduled. We'd do more, but many prefer FCS and last place FBS types at home, not wanting to travel to anywhere, especially a location where visiting team wins are rare, and profits lower, like Boise.

My only error was to say 1981 instead of 91, I stand corrected there. But Florida hasn't played out of state since then, not once. And lately, it's been an FCS school every year. Besides, these schools have $100 million dollar budgets and could play almost anyone, anywhere, and make money, lots of it, doing so. Boise has a budget a quarter or third has big, making it even more important to get home games and good payouts when they do travel. But I'm sure that you don't understand the whole idea of fairness and making deals good for both sides. Your schools prefer hiring hookers to come in and lay down for you, not playing hungry schools who really plan on winning, not just cashing a paycheck.

Of course, all this begs the question. You idiots act like your schools are the only ones trying to build a program. To do that, one needs HOME GAMES. And hell, yes, 4down, location DOES matter. That's why Alabama seldom travels. That's why most of the name teams will only play a single meaningful non-conference in any given year.

So, since you guys are so smart, explain this to me. If the name schools insist on having 7 or 8 home games (or "neutral" site games in nearby, friendly venues), how is a team like Boise supposed to get their home games? They already play a name major on the road every year, if your cowardly (or greedy) school won't travel, how are they supposed to get at least 6 home games?

Please enlighten me, oh, I get it, you don't give a shit about football being a sport. You prefer the present system in which money trumps fair competition. It's ok, eventually, that attitude will ruin the sport.

Meanwhile, it is fun when my school, in spite of the numerous built in disadvantages does manage to kick ass. And I really enjoy the travel, we BSU fans get to see most of the country, from Hawaii to New England, Seattle to Tallahassee. Every year, a number of great road trips.

You guys get the same bug infested, hot, muggy, tornado-prone places, year after year. You really ought to encourage your ADs to buy some plane tickets and get out more. Or would road trips like that force you to put a second mortgage on the ole mobile home?

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you guys would like YOUR school to play Boise, you can do something, contact them. Let's do a home and home deal, you come here, we come there. And hey, if our school is below your fine standards (after all, we don't rise to the level of the UT Chattanooga Choo-Choos or the Florida International House of Pancakes, or similar ones that your schools always are willing to entertain), here's an idea.

How about playing more than one meaningful OOC game? Go to LA to play USC or Norman to play OU. Oops, I keep forgetting, SEC schools have tried that and got their asses clocked. My bad, I keep forgetting that fair play isn't an option.

Boise has proven their willingness to travel. You guys?

Let me guess, crickets.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you guys would like YOUR school to play Boise, you can do something, contact them. Let's do a home and home deal, you come here, we come there. And hey, if our school is below your fine standards (after all, we don't rise to the level of the UT Chattanooga Choo-Choos or the Florida International House of Pancakes, or similar ones that your schools always are willing to entertain), here's an idea.

How about playing more than one meaningful OOC game? Go to LA to play USC or Norman to play OU. Oops, I keep forgetting, SEC schools have tried that and got their asses clocked. My bad, I keep forgetting that fair play isn't an option.

Let me guess, crickets.

:blah:

When Boise plays more than 2 halfway decent teams a year people may start care what you have to say about other teams schedules. But but but OOC! :bawling:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me guess, crickets.

Sept 7th 2013 - UT Martin (FCS) @ Boise St

LMAO!!!

You can't make this stuff up.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where the double talk comes in. Boise does exactly that. Every year. Oregon, Washington, Mich. St., Georgia, Ole Miss, VT, OR St.. with FSU, OK St., Virginia, and others scheduled. We'd do more, but many prefer FCS and last place FBS types at home, not wanting to travel to anywhere, especially a location where visiting team wins are rare, and profits lower, like Boise.

You are throwing out names of schools and not looking at the big picture. Take Oregon State, it is not on the list I gave you. You have played OSU 5 times in the past 16 seasons and only once were they ranked.
OSU is a hit or miss as they have been ranked only 5 times in the past 16 years. The same with Michigan St, ranked only 5 times from 1998-2013. Ole Miss has been ranked 4 times in the BCS era. Both UW and WSU ranked 3 times. As for your future foes: Oklahoma St 4 times, Virginia 3 times, and the one biggie FSU 13 times.

My only error was to say 1981 instead of 91, I stand corrected there. But Florida hasn't played out of state since then, not once. And lately, it's been an FCS school every year.

Yes, but again you miss the point. If you look at a list of the top 5 SOS over the entire BCS era you will find UF. BSU is not even in the top 50. UF can get away with it and BSU cannot.

Besides, these schools have $100 million dollar budgets and could play almost anyone, anywhere, and make money, lots of it, doing so. Boise has a budget a quarter or third has big, making it even more important to get home games and good payouts when they do travel. But I'm sure that you don't understand the whole idea of fairness and making deals good for both sides. Your schools prefer hiring hookers to come in and lay down for you, not playing hungry schools who really plan on winning, not just cashing a paycheck.

What you want is something for nothing. More than 30 years ago, I had a conversation with an Iranian grad student about countries stealing US technology and intellectual properties (like China does now). He thought that the US should GIVE the technologies away to the developing countries so that they could become like the US. Of course, he said the Iran should not be expected to GIVE its oil away. He wanted something for nothing. The Major conferences have built up college football to where it is now and just like the Iranian guy, you want them to GIVE you equal access to all they have built up so that you can be just like them. But of course you don't want to do one way games as payment.

Of course, all this begs the question. You idiots act like your schools are the only ones trying to build a program. To do that, one needs HOME GAMES. And hell, yes, 4down, location DOES matter. That's why Alabama seldom travels. That's why most of the name teams will only play a single meaningful non-conference in any given year.

I showed you that BSU and UF play the same number of home games. BSU can get MORE money playing a top 15 school AWAY than they can from Fresno St, Tulsa, WSU, etc. AWAY.

As for the list I gave you, here are the number of times they have been ranked in the past 16 years.
Oklahoma 13
Texas 13
Virginia Tech 13
Florida St. 13
Georgia 13
Ohio St. 12
LSU 12
Oregon 11
Florida 11
Wisconsin 11
Michigan 11
USC 10
Nebraska 10

So, since you guys are so smart, explain this to me. If the name schools insist on having 7 or 8 home games (or "neutral" site games in nearby, friendly venues), how is a team like Boise supposed to get their home games? They already play a name major on the road every year, if your cowardly (or greedy) school won't travel, how are they supposed to get at least 6 home games?

Well, I am smart enough to look things up before I own my mouth. You should try it! Here is a list of BCS team plus BSU for comparison. It is a list of the BCS schools that have the same number of home games or fewer than BSU has played over the past 16 seasons.
Boise St. 116
Oregon 116
Florida 116
West Virginia 116
Pittsburgh 116
Kansas 116
Oklahoma St. 115
Washington 115
Mississippi St. 115
Vanderbilt 115
Illinois 114
Florida St. 113
Miami (FL) 113
Georgia Tech 113
Notre Dame 113
Rutgers 113
Iowa St. 113
Georgia 112
Boston College 112
North Carolina 112
Wake Forest 112
Baylor 112
USC 111
Missouri 111
Oregon St. 111
Stanford 111
Maryland 111
Syracuse 111
Northwestern 111
Indiana 111
Texas Tech 110
UCLA 109
Duke 109
Oklahoma 108
Texas 108
California 108
Colorado 105
Washington St. 103

That's 37 BCS teams that have played the same number as or played FEWER home games than BSU. Get off of the "we need our home games" preaching.

Please enlighten me, oh, I get it, you don't give a shit about football being a sport. You prefer the present system in which money trumps fair competition. It's ok, eventually, that attitude will ruin the sport.

Ruin it? It will change it and BSU will be on the outside looking in very shortly.

Meanwhile, it is fun when my school, in spite of the numerous built in disadvantages does manage to kick ass.
Do you have trouble finding outfits to match your rose colored glasses?

And I really enjoy the travel, we BSU fans get to see most of the country, from Hawaii to New England, Seattle to Tallahassee. Every year, a number of great road trips.

You guys get the same bug infested, hot, muggy, tornado-prone places, year after year. You really ought to encourage your ADs to buy some plane tickets and get out more. Or would road trips like that force you to put a second mortgage on the ole mobile home?

So keep doing what you are doing and enjoy the sight-seeing while playing in Division II.
doh.gif

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee, all we need to do is get spin over here and he and smiles could rehash the good old days a Cee Bee Ess....

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Besides, these schools have $100 million dollar budgets and could play almost anyone, anywhere, and make money, lots of it, doing so. Boise has a budget a quarter or third has big, making it even more important to get home games and good payouts when they do travel. But I'm sure that you don't understand the whole idea of fairness and making deals good for both sides. Your schools prefer hiring hookers to come in and lay down for you, not playing hungry schools who really plan on winning, not just cashing a paycheck.

Smiles,

I always love reading your special brand of football socialism. Do you know why they call it "your problem", because it is YOUR problem. It is not up to the rest of the football world to fix YOUR problems. That monkey is not on our back it is squarely on yours.

Prior to these message board and CBS, I thought about Boise St. very little, but when I did it was generally in a positive light. Now, due to their ongoing mediocrity, on the even rarer occasions when I do think about them, it is with generally with contempt. Congratulations!

I have often heard socialists described as "someone who has nothing and wants to share". I can't think of a better phrase that describes you...