• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MICHAEL SAM MAKES CUT

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it more or less the consensus of this board that he wouldn't be let go until the final cut to 53 anyway? That it was reported isn't a shock, nor will it be that it will be over-covered no matter what happens at the last cut. It's a big story whether we like it or not.

If he's cut next week there will be some chatter about causes other than he simply wasn't better than the other options, but likely most people won't buy into it. If they keep him the story will fade to some degree after the first game or two and who really cares at that point anyway as there will be plenty of other real football news to appease us anyway.

Why in the hell would he not make the final cut?

We're not talking about a guy playing QB here.....we're talking about a physical specimen. This is a guy who can be coached to be great.

If he wouldn't have came out of the closet this wouldn't even be a debate. That's why this is news, and that is my point. It's retarded. He is good enough to play for any NFL team and anyone with eyes that work can see this.
:whistle:

Told you so.

Average at best, undersized, with below average combine stats... nice little story that ended how it was destined to end up. He deserved to be drafted and worked out and the team found he wasn't one of their top players. Nothing more, nothing less. Their FO doesn't give a shit about who's ass he's banging if he helps them win games and he was never going to do that.

/thread

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death, taxes and people thinking CFB and preseason success automatically translates to regular season NFL success.

The three guaranteed things in life.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer down now, folks.

I'm here to eat my crow.

Remember, before last season started I predicted the Seahawks would beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

I have immunity for life :dance:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer down now, folks.

I'm here to eat my crow.

Remember, before last season started I predicted the Seahawks would beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

I have immunity for life :dance:

You do have immunity for life as far as I'm concerned.:suds:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
:L

Why in the hell is this news?

He is a phenomenal player.

A ton of really, really, really clueless NFL fans posted things like this for months. The look really dumb now. Dude couldn't even hack it in the CFL:

Michael Sam - DL - Free AgentThe Montreal Gazette is hearing DE Michael Sam left the CFL's Alouettes because he sensed he was going to get cut.

Sam walked away the team for "personal reasons" before their exhibition opener and is not expected back. From the Gazette: "The latest theory concerning Sam’s departure was that he simply wasn’t good enough to make the roster, sensed this and left to save himself and the organization embarrassment." It's looking more and more unlikely that Sam will become the NFL's first openly gay player.
Source: Montreal Gazette

This stuff was just as ridiculous as people claiming Tim Tebow was a good QB.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes:

I'm no fan of him. He was the Defensive player of the year in the best conference in College Football. That means you're a great player.

It doesn't work out in the NFL for some guys who kill it in College though. Plain and simple.

You don't accidentally become the SEC player of the year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes:

I'm no fan of him. He was the Defensive player of the year in the best conference in College Football. That means you're a great player.

It doesn't work out in the NFL for some guys who kill it in College though. Plain and simple.

You don't accidentally become the SEC player of the year.

Maybe he blew somebody for the award?