• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Bennett seeking trade

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make it happen, Dimitroff!

Seriously, if we could pull this of it would be a major boost to defense. Bennett added with another pass rusher in the draft could really hasten the pace to being a solid defense

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this offseason I've learned if you hear a big named tied to Atlanta it's usually just a rumor and nothing more. We do have the cap space to pay somebody though.

Another good point, I feel like we've stuck to our guns about our price range on people. Be interesting to see if anything develops from this

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good point, I feel like we've stuck to our guns about our price range on people. Be interesting to see if anything develops from this
I think we are just bringing in as many bodies as possible and waiting for the positions to be won in camp. It's not a bad strategy for a team with depth issues at a lot of positions.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are just bringing in as many bodies as possible and waiting for the positions to be won in camp. It's not a bad strategy for a team with depth issues at a lot of positions.

No...it's not...a big thing in SEA was earning your job everyday...competition was a big part of their strategy.

idk what Bennett would've cost, but I would think a 2nd rd pick.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...it's not...a big thing in SEA was earning your job everyday...competition was a big part of their strategy.

idk what Bennett would've cost, but I would think a 2nd rd pick.
It will be tough to find a decent safety in the draft or free agency right now. If they had to trade for any position this year it would make the most sense for it to be that one. I don't see it happening though. That will probably just end up being a point of weakness for the next year.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fleeing seattle before the downward trend starts.

smart move.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be tough to find a decent safety in the draft or free agency right now. If they had to trade for any position this year it would make the most sense for it to be that one. I don't see it happening though. That will probably just end up being a point of weakness for the next year.

You're not going to pay for a premier S in FA at this stage...fwiw...I don't think Lowery is a bad stopgap...especially if he finally does get to pair with Moore. But...I can understand Quinn having high standards at that position.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really interested in seeing how Quinn does in ATL. He fell into the perfect situation after bradley left for Jax. The D was made, we just added a couple big time FA's. He put his little tweeks on the d but it was basically a well oiled machine when he joined the hawks staff.

I dont see any Sherman, Thomas, Chancellors, Wagners, Bennetts, Avrils, Mebanes, Wrights on the Falcons......

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt it. You don't make decisions of this magnitude based on something as lame as that.

Lame as Urlacher saying the same about Cutler coming to the bears.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really interested in seeing how Quinn does in ATL. He fell into the perfect situation after bradley left for Jax. The D was made, we just added a couple big time FA's. He put his little tweeks on the d but it was basically a well oiled machine when he joined the hawks staff.

I dont see any Sherman, Thomas, Chancellors, Wagners, Bennetts, Avrils, Mebanes, Wrights on the Falcons......

Wanna know why? Cus they aint here!! LOL...this DEF has some pcs (by that I mean players that can start on most any team), but very few, really none in the front7. They're solid @ #1 CB and SS, pretty good @ #2 CB... the DTs are decent...every other position on DEF can use an upgrade.

The best ATL can hope for in the short term is get the OL settled, and improve the TE spot so the OFC can continue to carry the team while the DEF gets rebuilt.

From what I can see early...Quinn has addressed the LB position via FA...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Trufant is a guy I could see thrive with Quinn in place now. The guy had no pass rush to help him and still only allowed 2 touchdowns all season and under 700 yards to his side of coverage. They also signed a couple of pass rushers and most likely draft one in the top-10 this year. So while yes they will not be a Seattle as well that is pretty difficult to ever build I do think they will have some nice pieces to work with.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Trufant is a guy I could see thrive with Quinn in place now. The guy had no pass rush to help him and still only allowed 2 touchdowns all season and under 700 yards to his side of coverage. They also signed a couple of pass rushers and most likely draft one in the top-10 this year. So while yes they will not be a Seattle as well that is pretty difficult to ever build I do think they will have some nice pieces to work with.

Quietly one of the best young CBs in the game...on the other side...lessor heralded Robert Alford...gets more targets naturally, but he's no slouch in coverage..he can be a #2 on most teams.

What they have signed...Schofield, Durant, and the edge guy Clayborn...maybe it can be a quicker turn, but Clayborn needs to deliver and get help.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quietly one of the best young CBs in the game...on the other side...lessor heralded Robert Alford...gets more targets naturally, but he's no slouch in coverage..he can be a #2 on most teams.

What they have signed...Schofield, Durant, and the edge guy Clayborn...maybe it can be a quicker turn, but Clayborn needs to deliver and get help.

I would agree with all that. If they can get a guy in the 1st that can pair with Clayborn then I do see them standing a chance of winning this division this year and building off of that. They need the OL to actually stay healthy and that 1st round pass rusher to be a huge hit. With the Saints in transition, the Bucs building from the bottom up that leaves the Falcons and Panthers in my opinion competing for the division. I like the Panthers a little more just because I think they have a bit more established players that have proven ability but it would not surprise me to see the Falcons have a nice turn around and have a winning record this year.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally speaking, dont think defensive guys really give much of a shit about the offensive guys.

In fact, most defensive players dont even like the guys on their offense. So, dont think what he thinks about Graham means anything here.

He just saw how valuable he is now( ie that everyone else now sees it), and is having buyers remorse over his contract. Shoot, his agent may be pushing this Graham stuff just because of that.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally speaking, dont think defensive guys really give much of a shit about the offensive guys.

In fact, most defensive players dont even like the guys on their offense. So, dont think what he thinks about Graham means anything here.

He just saw how valuable he is now( ie that everyone else now sees it), and is having buyers remorse over his contract. Shoot, his agent may be pushing this Graham stuff just because of that.

@Jefe, the bennett stuff was already proven to be made up crap by a Dallas beat writer....this thread now is focusing on Quinn and the ATL D as a whole. The bennett thing aint happening..

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Jefe, the bennett stuff was already proven to be made up crap by a Dallas beat writer....this thread now is focusing on Quinn and the ATL D as a whole. The bennett thing aint happening..

Yeah, dont really see that either.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with all that. If they can get a guy in the 1st that can pair with Clayborn then I do see them standing a chance of winning this division this year and building off of that. They need the OL to actually stay healthy and that 1st round pass rusher to be a huge hit. With the Saints in transition, the Bucs building from the bottom up that leaves the Falcons and Panthers in my opinion competing for the division. I like the Panthers a little more just because I think they have a bit more established players that have proven ability but it would not surprise me to see the Falcons have a nice turn around and have a winning record this year.
It was pretty easy to look over but Atlanta was 5-1 in the division during a down year. It was outside the NFCS they had a lot of trouble.

A DE at #8 that plays well in the league will help a little bit but it doesn't quite solidify the line in Atlanta. They'll eventually need a solid guy on the other side; something neither Osi or Abe had in Atlanta.