• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Bennett seeking trade

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you guys (if any of this true, because it's shaping up like it's not) REALLY believe this is because of Graham? Really? This isn't high school girls volleyball.

The only reason he'd want to leave is he feels he's more valued than his current contract (which is pretty funny because he JUST signed it) which makes sense because he was #3 overall in combined hits/sacks/hurries last year. That technically warrants a lot more than 4 years $28M so he was really dumb to sign that cheap contract with Seattle.

A trade would definitely bring re-negotiation along with it and Atlanta has some room to offer that. He'd prob. seek a new 4 year, $40-50M contract.

The Jimmy Graham thing is either a) ridiculous, or b) used as fuel by someone to start the rumor.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Quinn has a large hand in it. But Bennett doesn't JUST want to go to ATL. He wants to go there and receive a big extension. He only has a couple years left, and Atlanta has the cap space to accommode him. I think, per usual, this is all about the $.
Maybe he doesn't want Graham as a teammate.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't see it happening.

Seattle would save $2M cap overall (get hit with $6M dead on an $8M overall cap this year). That combined with the fact Bennett was #3 in the league among DEs on combined hits/sacks/hurries only behind Watt/Houston... and combined with his CHEAP contract (would be the reason any of the rumor is true), Seattle is prob. requesting a 1st rounder plus next years 2nd, and Atlanta would be bat **** to give that up.

It prob. started rumors because Bruce Irvin/Michael Bennett don't think much of Graham.

Why would they give up so much value in the trade? He is a 29 year old player that while good is going to start on his down hill part of his career. There are plenty of pass rushers in this draft so they can get a younger player on a rookie contract compared to bringing in Bennett. So at best I would say they would give up a 2nd round pick for him.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you guys (if any of this true, because it's shaping up like it's not) REALLY believe this is because of Graham? Really? This isn't high school girls volleyball.

Yeah there is no drama on NFL teams and no one would get traded just because of a dispute with a teammate. These guys are all professionals after all.

Just ask Percy Harvin. :dhd:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they give up so much value in the trade? He is a 29 year old player that while good is going to start on his down hill part of his career. There are plenty of pass rushers in this draft so they can get a younger player on a rookie contract compared to bringing in Bennett. So at best I would say they would give up a 2nd round pick for him.

One of the best 4-3 DEs in the league, super cheap contract for his productivity, desperate need for Atlanta, and Seattle has ZERO reason to give him up.

That said if Bennett became all disgruntled, I could see a realistic swap of Atlanta/Seattle 2nd rounders this year, and Atlanta's 2016 2nd or something.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best 4-3 DEs in the league, super cheap contract for his productivity, desperate need for Atlanta, and Seattle has ZERO reason to give him up.

That said if Bennett became all disgruntled, I could see a realistic swap of Atlanta/Seattle 2nd rounders this year, and Atlanta's 2016 2nd or something.

Atlanta has also already signed 2 pass rushers so there is not this desperate need that you are speaking of. Seattle having a player demand a trade doesn't sit too well for value either with teams knowing he is not liking his situation for some reason. The contract is the only reason I even think it would get a 2nd round pick.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there is no drama on NFL teams and no one would get traded just because of a dispute with a teammate. These guys are all professionals after all.

Just ask Percy Harvin. :dhd:

A little different situation there.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I don't think that guys don't get along. It's that I don't believe a well liked and appreciated locker room guy would ask for a trade out of his team solely because one guy signed that he didn't like as an opponent.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I don't think that guys don't get along. It's that I don't believe a well liked and appreciated locker room guy would ask for a trade out of his team solely because one guy signed that he didn't like as an opponent.

Yeah I would think there has to be more to it than this. There are always going to be guys in the locker room that you don't get along with. Just too much personality in a locker room to get along with everybody. So for them to bring in a guy he doesn't like doesn't seem like enough of a reason for him to be demanding a trade if that is what is happening.

I would think it has something to do with either his role moving forward if the team has told him he might have a bit of a different role in the new defense or maybe just realizes how underpaid he is for his services or maybe just loves playing for Dan Quinn and doesn't want to play for anybody else. There are a lot more logical reasons than that of he doesn't like Jimmy Graham.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol what? That was said over a year ago and Bennett is more valuable on the team than Graham IMO. #3 in the league among DEs (only behind Watt/Houston) for most combined hurries/sacks/hits on QBs. Sacks aren't everything. Bennett is one of the best and most underrated DEs in the NFL.
If it was said before they became teammates, it's meaningless.
Opponents talk trash all the time. They are probably laughing about it as we speak.....

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple sources have confirmed both the seahawks nor Bennett knew anything about him wanting to be traded.

When you dig deeper the only person who ever said anything was a cowboys beat guy, everyone else was quoting him..

AKA made up bull shit. welcome to silly season.

In other news, Tom Brady has requested a trade to the Arena leagues Iowa barnstormers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always love when players want a new contract a year after signing one lol

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett passes up more money and a chance to play with his brother in Chi town to stay with Seattle last year.
Now some no name douche from a no name Dallas rag says he's barking to leave town to head to Atlanta and wants a new deal on top of it?

Sounds legit

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far this offseason I've learned if you hear a big named tied to Atlanta it's usually just a rumor and nothing more. We do have the cap space to pay somebody though.