• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Bennett seeking trade

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans should be grateful their team went to 2 straight SB's.
Oh, I am sure we are grateful and appreciative especially for winning one. I certainly am.
Yet, we are not done.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I am sure we are grateful and appreciative especially for winning one. I certainly am.
Yet, we are not done.
I firmly believe your team is on the downswing.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a real chuckle out the gloom and doom predictions for the Seahawk! G & G firmly believes the Seahawks are on the down swing.:rolleyes2: Oh no! Got the 49ers homer predicting the worse for the Seahawks:D What a shock! Got to love this forum, so entertaining. :dance:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fans with a rooting interest to see Seattle decline are predicting it to happen. Shocking.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much more Bennett wants but I could see him holding out for at least part of the season. I think the Seahawks would be wise to offer him a salary increase this year and next. The Seahawks could trade him without a cap hit problem but I don't see that happening. The Seahawks will still be strong regardless of how this turns out. They hold the cards but a demotivated player won't be their best option.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much more Bennett wants but I could see him holding out for at least part of the season. I think the Seahawks would be wise to offer him a salary increase this year and next. The Seahawks could trade him without a cap hit problem but I don't see that happening. The Seahawks will still be strong regardless of how this turns out. They hold the cards but a demotivated player won't be their best option.
Nada no increase in salary. He can like or lump it. Seahawks have options. Inside they have J. Hill if he can ever stay healthy, he'll be real good. Cassius Marsh is a talent that can play inside or out and so is Frank Clark. Bennett wants to forego pay checks? So be it, doubt he does that and if he does...maybe a game or two. Seahawks can roll with that.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Setting a precedent of re-doing deals 1 year after signing may be a lot worse than having a disgruntled multi-millionaire on the team. So far Bennett hasn't missed any mandatory stuff so time will tell if this just hot air or a line in the sand.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nada no increase in salary. He can like or lump it. Seahawks have options. Inside they have J. Hill if he can ever stay healthy, he'll be real good. Cassius Marsh is a talent that can play inside or out and so is Frank Clark. Bennett wants to forego pay checks? So be it, doubt he does that and if he does...maybe a game or two. Seahawks can roll with that.
I don't disagree. The question is how you want the franchise to run in the future. Bennett has outperformed his contract and so did Scandick for the Cowboys. The Cowboys could have refused to redo Scandrick's contract but it would have sent out a message to players that the Cowboys don't reward performance. The Seahawks can offer Bennett a bit more this year and next and put some incentive clauses into the deal...or they can find it harder to recruit FAs and retain their own players in the future. Tough call. I'd pay Bennett a bit more this year and next and deal with the consequences later. Bennett's salary isn't guaranteed next year so increasing his 2016 pay might not be the worst thing to do. I won't be upset if you take the Chargers/AJ Smith route.
:lol:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. The question is how you want the franchise to run in the future. Bennett has outperformed his contract and so did Scandick for the Cowboys. The Cowboys could have refused to redo Scandrick's contract but it would have sent out a message to players that the Cowboys don't reward performance. The Seahawks can offer Bennett a bit more this year and next and put some incentive clauses into the deal...or they can find it harder to recruit FAs and retain their own players in the future. Tough call. I'd pay Bennett a bit more this year and next and deal with the consequences later. Bennett's salary isn't guaranteed next year so increasing his 2016 pay might not be the worst thing to do. I won't be upset if you take the Chargers/AJ Smith route.
I like the idea that teams don't redo a contract one year in. Support that 100%. Seahawks have rewarded plenty of players with top of line contracts. I'm all for the Seahawks sticking to their guns on Bennett.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Are you saying Bennett outperformed the big contract he just signed a year ago?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Are you saying Bennett outperformed the big contract he just signed a year ago?
Yes he is, but not true. Bennett is just another (in a long line) player that are having delusions about their worth.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a 2 year $16M deal with option years. It was a fair deal at the time...and yes, he has outperformed it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is, but not true. Bennett is just another (in a long line) player that are having delusions about their worth.

Yeah, I really do like him as a player... But right now the team has other contracts their working out with Wagner and Wilson, we don't need Bennett pouting right now ....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I really do like him as a player... But right now the team has other contracts their working out with Wagner and Wilson, we don't need Bennett pouting right now ....
Agree. I like him as a player and in addition he seems like a smart dude, except that maybe he's been reading to many news clippings. A boost in salary for Bennett isn't in the cards, kind of a mystery that he actually think it is. Maybe just setting himself up for a pay increase later.:noidea: To be honest don't think that's in the cards either.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a 2 year $16M deal with option years. It was a fair deal at the time...and yes, he has outperformed it.
This is incorrect. On March 11, 2014 he signed a 4 year deal for $28.5M that included a signing bonus of $8M. His play in 2013 earned him this contract; his '14 season was not as strong as '13 so pretty tough to say he's outplayed his current deal.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel he's out performed his contract, but after just one year, I don't think it matters. The ink is hardly dry, don't start bitching already about a pay raise.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel he's out performed his contract, but after just one year, I don't think it matters. The ink is hardly dry, don't start bitching already about a pay raise.
Yeah, I'm with you. One year into a 4 year deal, it's irrelevant whether you outplayed it or not. MB got his $8M bonus, last year's base salary, and his '15 salary of $6M is now also guaranteed according to overthecap so he's already been paid over half of his total contract value. No leg to stand on.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make yourself look bad when you have no idea about the terms of Bennett's contract, yet try to speak as if you do.