• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Beasley arrested for possession of marijuana

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gambo tweeted that he's done in Phoenix. Thank god. Get that bum out of here!

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a royal douche canoe in college. No surprise.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot believe we even brought this guy on. I knew it.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did us a favor. I didn't want him on our team this year at all... now this gives us a legit excuse to cut his ass!

mikesphxsuns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so whats gonna be the hit on our cap when we drop this worthless waste of space, never once liked his game and always hated his attitude, was really hoping he would just shut his mouth here and take over but alas hes still just as dumb as he was when he was a rook

good riddance!

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a thug!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should they get rid of him? This isn't a team oozing with talent out its ears. What is the new clown GM we have going to do with the extra money it saves? Yeah, he's an expensive bench player but that describes half our starters on most given days.

mikesphxsuns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should they get rid of him? This isn't a team oozing with talent out its ears. What is the new clown GM we have going to do with the extra money it saves? Yeah, he's an expensive bench player but that describes half our starters on most given days.

clown GM? blasphemous! this guy is actually doing great work :wtf2:

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coach Horny

I concur that our GM and head coach are the best assets the Suns have right now.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a waste of talent. If the Suns have any sense they will cut him as soon as possible.

The irony, to me, is that I don't even consider Beasley that talented. He's not especially athletic and he's unable to shake opposing small forwards in one-on-one situations, yet he lacks the size and strength to match up with power forwards. He can find a hot streak as a shooter and slashing scorer when running off down-screens (like in that big win over the Lakers), but he's an extremely streaky and inefficient scorer (career True Shooting Percentage of .504, which is bad enough for a guard, horrendous for a forward) whose modest passing skill is negated by his poor decision-making (career assists-to-turnover ratio of 0.74:1.00). Beasley is basically an inefficient, long two-point jump-shooter who forces shots, struggles to play within the flow, and exercises atrocious discipline and judgment off the court.

I just feel badly for Norm Nixon, for how Beasley made a fool of Nixon, or made Nixon seem like a fool. Remember this?

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2012/07/07/20120707phoenix-suns-michael-beasley-character-will-determine-success.html

And inking Beasley to a multi-year contract at a time when Steve Nash was departing proved especially obtuse. Nothing against Dragic, but if you're going to get any of your money's worth from Beasley, you need a point guard such as Nash or Kevin Johnson who can basically do all the work, ruin a defense, and create the easiest conceivable opportunities. Obviously, there haven't been many of those guys in NBA history (no, not even Jason Kidd), but the point is that without a point guard who maximizes the efficiency of his teammates, you have to be especially efficient in how you spend your money. Throwing $18M at Michael Beasley without that point guard just suggests a certain dimness.