• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat vs Chicago Bulls Series Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quiet but productive game for birdman, as was the case for UD.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James: 27 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds.
Chris Bosh: 14 points (7-10 FG) and 6 rebounds
Chris Andersen: 9 points

Norris Cole was the X-Factor again though

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls are all but finished. They just looked flat out exhausted as was evidenced by the poor jump shots that generally fall for them. The schedule doesn't do them any favors having to fly back to Miami and play on Wednesday night.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls are all but finished. They just looked flat out exhausted as was evidenced by the poor jump shots that generally fall for them. The schedule doesn't do them any favors having to fly back to Miami and play on Wednesday night.

Game 7 with the Nets and lack of personnel really did them in. Hopefully the Heat will wrap it up on Wednesday. Wade could use some more treatment and recovery time.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25%. How do you miss 75% of your shots ever?

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25%. How do you miss 75% of your shots ever?

Nate has an excuse. From some oddball reason, he keeps yapping about Lebron flopping. Lebron really hasn't had any commercials for Nate to comment on his acting.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you sit Wade and let him heal up for the next round or would you play him?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you sit Wade and let him heal up for the next round or would you play him?

this might be the unpopular choice.. but i would dress him and sit him. he was missing in action for most of last game... 6 points total. start mike miller, give ray ray some more minutes. i would have him dressed in case we did need him... but i dont think we will.

rest him. his best game this series was game 1 when he had a week of rest. we dont need wade to beat the bulls

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami Heat, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh commentary from Ira Winderman. - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Above is a link to the latest edition of ASK Ira Q & A. Someone asked about this topic of resting Wade, not exactly in those words but they were basically implying it given the injury. Ira Winderman’s response was “ You take what you can get from Wade and move on” For once I agree with Ira after so many years. He is right, you take what you can get from Wade and move on. Therefore, you play him on a limited basis and take what you can get. Given the fact that we have a 3-1 lead in this series, we can afford to play him in a limited role and even more so if we get a good lead to then give him a rest. I am personally not in favor of him sitting out for the entire game unless he is injured severly to the point he cant play. Reason is because he just gets too rusty easily when he sits out games and starts to force the issue. It is best to play him in a limited role so that he is always ready and not rusty then to just sit him and not let play him at all.

The next best thing to do is for the Heat to take care of buisness tomorrow and they will have a decent amount of rest for Wade and the entire team. Get it done tomorrow.

In other news, Paul Pierce expects the Celtics to release him or deal him.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams do you think are out there that would sign Paul Pierce? I dont think he is the type of guy to take the vet min or even mid lvl, and i cant imagine teams paying good money for him. He is old and tired..

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams do you think are out there that would sign Paul Pierce? I dont think he is the type of guy to take the vet min or even mid lvl, and i cant imagine teams paying good money for him. He is old and tired..

Pierce isn't going to command the salary that he wants anymore. He's significantly slower than what he used to be. But he'll still be a valuable player to whichever team he signs with. He'll be an interesting piece moving forward. I wouldn't be surprised if he heads out West. I just can't see him playing for the Heat/Bulls/Knicks given his rivalry with each respective team.

I agree with Paolo on the Wade situation. I think someone asked Wade about if having a week off would help him with whatever is going on he said no. I'm not sure of the extent of the injury, but a bone bruise on your knee has to suck. I'm wondering if he'll need another surgery.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some tweets from Ira Winderman regarding the ECF

NBA confirms East finals will not start earlier than Monday. If Heat-Bulls or Knicks-Pacers go six or more, East finals open next Wednesday.

Basically, it means if Knicks win tonight, then East finals won't start until next Wednesday, May 22, even if Heat close out Bulls in 5.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like for the Heat and Pacers to both win in 5. With the added rest the Heat will likely experience some rust similar to game 1 of this series in the next round. Indiana always struggles on offense so this won't help their offense as well. Rest will help this team more in the long run as opposed to Indiana who doesn't appear to be dealing with injuries and/or in a physically grueling series like the Heat are currently in.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like for the Heat and Pacers to both win in 5. With the added rest the Heat will likely experience some rust similar to game 1 of this series in the next round. Indiana always struggles on offense so this won't help their offense as well. Rest will help this team more in the long run as opposed to Indiana who doesn't appear to be dealing with injuries and/or in a physically grueling series like the Heat are currently in.

I want knicks/pacers to go 6 or 7. I prefer the longer time off for Miami. Sure we may have rust in game 1. I dont care. The knicks nor the pacers are going to be miami even with a 1-0 lead (assuming they even win game 1). Im not convinced wade is healthy. i think there is something more serious with that knee than he and miami are saying. i really hope im wrong. but he seems to be getting worse as this series goes on. maybe he will get it drained like last year in the playoffs. whatever the case, i want Wade with as much rest as possible. we dont need him to get to the finals, but if we are going to be champs, a DWade being as close to 100% as possible is our best chance.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paolo-

you say you didnt like it when Beasley smoked pot... but explain then why your vCash is at 420. i think it is your way of sending a signal.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want knicks/pacers to go 6 or 7. I prefer the longer time off for Miami. Sure we may have rust in game 1. I dont care. The knicks nor the pacers are going to be miami even with a 1-0 lead (assuming they even win game 1). Im not convinced wade is healthy. i think there is something more serious with that knee than he and miami are saying. i really hope im wrong. but he seems to be getting worse as this series goes on. maybe he will get it drained like last year in the playoffs. whatever the case, i want Wade with as much rest as possible. we dont need him to get to the finals, but if we are going to be champs, a DWade being as close to 100% as possible is our best chance.

We can only guess. But everyone out of Miami's camp is simply saying that this injury doesn't compare to what he had to deal with last playoffs. Let's face it, Wade has never lit up the Bulls, yet we're still very effective with him on the court given what Spo said about the Heat being at a +49. It would be a totally different scenario if he was hindering this team, but this doesn't appear to be the case.

The Heat need to take care of the Bulls tomorrow. No sense in dragging this out. The Bulls tested the Heat and got them prepared for the ECF. There will be no better defense (maybe Mephis) that they'll see again this playoffs.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am with you on this as I mentioned earlier. I don’t think rest for any individuals players or this team as a whole will be good given our potential opponent next series. The Knicks and Pacers are two teams that have given us trouble and have played us hard and in ways that make our team uncomfortable. The best thing is for us to go against them with momentum as opposed to rest - Especially given the fact that usually bad things happen when this team is given too much rest.

Pacers winning in 5 would be great though any scenario that has the Knicks eliminated is just fine.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It does not really surprise me that Flauge would prefer the longer rest for the Heat...

As for Beasley, Flauge - My dislike for him went beyond his pot usage. It was a mix of being a pothead and just useless on the court... Just a waste of the human race.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you on this as I mentioned earlier. I don’t think rest for any individuals players or this team as a whole will be good given our potential opponent next series. The Knicks and Pacers are two teams that have given us trouble and have played us hard and in ways that make our team uncomfortable. The best thing is for us to go against them with momentum as opposed to rest - Especially given the fact that usually bad things happen when this team is given too much rest.

Pacers winning in 5 would be great though any scenario that has the Knicks eliminated is just fine.

I agree. The Heat only need about 4-5 days off to get rested, without losing the momentum. The more important fact is it will give them time to work on the offense and get ready for a bruising series with West and Hibbert.