• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Off-Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty amazing that ud was playing with the same injury that kept westbrook out the playoffs since feb.

He is the true definition of a warrior

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty amazing that ud was playing with the same injury that kept westbrook out the playoffs since feb.

He is the true definition of a warrior

I saw that. But to be fair it all depends on the extent of the injury (severity of the tear) as well as the role on the team. UD usually defends the post, rebounds and shoots from the baseline. As Westbrook relies more on athleticism and cutting to the basket. Still though....pretty impressive.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add University of Memphis forward D.J. Stephens to those who have accepted summer invitations from Heat.

According to Ira Winderman

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miami Heat are interested in PF/C Andrew Bynum, who was out all of last season with a knee injury. They are also interested in PF/C Greg Oden who also has had some knee problems in the past

Via NBA facebook pages and Twitter

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how could the Heat even think of signing Bynum? he wouldnt play for min or mid lvl.

MoeJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be real disappointed if the Heat don't step up and sign the Birdman. Even considering the 16 minutes a game that they play him, he is way more valuable than Allen or Battier (at this point in their careers). Don't mean to be critical of those two necessarily, but Birdman is simply great during the short spurts that he plays. And the Heat absolutely need him. He is the only role guy who regularly challenges shots, goes hard for every rebound (along with Haslem), and finishes with authority. The energy he brought to this team was exceptional.

Think about it. With limited funds, who are they going to acquire in free agency that would instead be more valuable? Another R. Lewis? I believe that James Jones could easily step in for Allen, but who can step in for the Birdman? For one, who has those kind of tatoos?

Hopefully, Mr. Riley will not disappoint me.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how could the Heat even think of signing Bynum? he wouldnt play for min or mid lvl.

I'd rather go with Oden at this point. This douche bag had his agent tell teams that he wouldn't even do works outs and would just show his MRI's. It's ridiculous considering he didn't play a minute last season and why the 76ers aren't even considering signing him. But you're right, he has his ring and clearly doesn't consider basketball to be his priority in life. So why bring him in?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what to make about the Celtics hiring Brad Stevens of Butler University as their new HC. I think Stevens should have stayed at Butler to continue to see through what he has built there and waited for a better job opening. The Celtics are obviously rebuilding, and there is no telling what will happen with Rondo - He will certainly be given some time - But, he probably could have continued to have success at Butler as opposed to the headache that will be coaching the Celtics.

Gotta see what Bill Simmons thinks of this

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
21 million in the bank for Stevens and the ability to coach one of the most storied franchises in the NBA when the expectations are really low? A no brainer. He was not going to do any better at Butler than he already did. Great move by him, and probably a very good move by Boston as they get a very solid young coach. Unlike others from the college ranks, he obviously had his team winning on x's and o's and not through a combination of recruiting (ala Pitino) and X's and O's. Bill Simmons...yawn who cares.

As far as Bynum, can't blame the guys. He is just trying to protect himself. A deep exam will review problems for all. However, without definitively knowing, someone is bound to give him a 20 plus million contract over 4 to 5 years to take a chance on his talent.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21 million in the bank for Stevens and the ability to coach one of the most storied franchises in the NBA when the expectations are really low? A no brainer. He was not going to do any better at Butler than he already did. Great move by him, and probably a very good move by Boston as they get a very solid young coach. Unlike others from the college ranks, he obviously had his team winning on x's and o's and not through a combination of recruiting (ala Pitino) and X's and O's. Bill Simmons...yawn who cares.

As far as Bynum, can't blame the guys. He is just trying to protect himself. A deep exam will review problems for all. However, without definitively knowing, someone is bound to give him a 20 plus million contract over 4 to 5 years to take a chance on his talent.

I agree andre, I think people just assume college coach = bad nba coach. There's a reason why highly successful college coaches in both spots don't work out in the pro's and you sir just hit it. This guy for consecutive seasons had his Cinderella Butler in the national title game. He gets it and having him in a OJT position is great for them. Although I don't really agree with paying him north of $3 mil per year. But hey, it's better than paying Doc $7 mil + per year without making the playoffs.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see how America treats Dwight Howard for how he handled himself in FA. Also, as mentioned pretty funny how LA Fakers fans trashed Andrew Bynum and now they want him back.

Something that can’t be left unsaid is KoMe’s response to Dwight leaving LA LA LAnd: Saying he would “roll over” Dwight, since he won’t roll with him” I think KoMe meant he would roll his own ankle for Dwight and put an end to his sorry ass career.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lets see how America treats Dwight Howard for how he handled himself in FA. Also, as mentioned pretty funny how LA Fakers fans trashed Andrew Bynum and now they want him back.

Something that can’t be left unsaid is KoMe’s response to Dwight leaving LA LA LAnd: Saying he would “roll over” Dwight, since he won’t roll with him” I think KoMe meant he would roll his own ankle for Dwight and put an end to his sorry ass career.

Dwight's departure will create quite a stir..The Lakers won't contend next year but now have the purse strings open for 2014-2015. If they still had Phil Jackson and the older Buss, they could be a very attractive destination. Even without them, it will be interesting to see how they will play into the summer of 2014. In any event, good to be the 2 time champs going for a 3peat. The Heat are the most successful franchise in the NBA over the last 7 years. Let that sink in....Your Heat have won 3 titles in 7 years.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Kaman just signed a 1 yr deal for the mini mid lvl with the Lakers... Im curious as to why the Heat didnt offer the same thing to him. I would assume if they did he would have taken it, much rather play for a championship team then a team thats going to struggle.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Kaman just signed a 1 yr deal for the mini mid lvl with the Lakers... Im curious as to why the Heat didnt offer the same thing to him. I would assume if they did he would have taken it, much rather play for a championship team then a team thats going to struggle.

Not sure myself at this one. On a bright note, I'm watching the summer league and they said it's likely that Birdman resigns with the Heat.

Also, Ian Clark is a good player. I really hope that the Heat can keep him because I heard he's going to play for the Warriors in Vegas next week. Varnado is definitely looking good on the defensive end with blocks and rebounding. Still needs some work on offense though. I think we'll need him next season.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A Smith is saying that its 50/50 on Lebron leaving Miami next year... why would he do that? He has won 2 rings and been to the Finals every season since he has been with us. What would be his purpose to opt out and sign elsewhere? If Miami could get a dominant center then there is no reason this team cant go again to the Finals for the next couple years.