• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Off-Season Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a thread for all things off-season - draft, free agency, preseason, etc... Hope you boys and the many girls on here enjoy this.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo let me guess... Battier gone?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battier gone?

He has robbed the team of two rings, while getting paid too much to do very little and be a one-dimensional player - He should be satisfied and retire given these facts.

I am glad that Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis want to come back - I hope they do.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I just hope Shane does not decide to retire. If he does not, we should be good. The Big 3 have not been able to win a title without him. Other off-season moves will essentially come down to who replaces Varnado and Howard and of course what happens to the Birdman as I would assume the Heat pick up Chalmers option. Lewis and Allen and Jones will re-up. Birdman is the big question mark right now.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 3 have not been able to win a title without him.

Inaccurate and false statement - While they haven’t won one without him being on the team, they can easily win won with him not being on the team -- In fact, we will win easier once he is gone because he is such a liability, especially on defense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of our players will be back. It will depend on how Varnado develops as well as some other players of ours who are overseas. I really hope that the Heat really take a harder look for hidden gems that are available. Still can't get over Patrick Beverly and how he's doing on the Rockets right now.

Juwan will be gone and I think Mike Miller will be as well given the luxury tax situation so he'll either be amnestied/retired. I can't see Birdman not coming back either and he would provide the spark off the bench. ESPN mentioned yesterday that the Heat and Greg Oden have expressed significant mutual interest. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with that, it's a Eddy Curry situation - low risk high reward. But the man has had multiple knee injury issues and isn't a quick player to play the defense that we do. But he would certainly be a physical presence (if his body holds up) to play against teams like the Pacers and Bulls.

On a side note, I find it funny how everyone says the Heat need to watch out for Chicago next year with Derrick Rose out. I think that's a bit of a slap in the face to the Pacers who actually have a higher ceiling then the Bulls, whom the latter I think have already reached their ceiling.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team needs to cut and replace a few players

Keep: Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Allen, Battier, Cole, Lewis (for min.), Birdman

Cut or Trade: Haslem (has lost his shot and doesnt play the same defense anymore), Chalmers (way too inconsistent, I know he had a good few games there, but its time to let Cole take over), Joel Anthony, Mike Miller (I like him, but not for the $$, we need to cut back somewhere), James Jones (cut him for his own good, he is too good a shooter to just sit on the bench, let him go elsewhere and play), Howard (this is a given, hire him as a coach)

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cut or Trade: Haslem (has lost his shot and doesnt play the same defense anymore), Chalmers (way too inconsistent, I know he had a good few games there, but its time to let Cole take over), Joel Anthony, Mike Miller (I like him, but not for the $$, we need to cut back somewhere), James Jones (cut him for his own good, he is too good a shooter to just sit on the bench, let him go elsewhere and play), Howard (this is a given, hire him as a coach)

i cant argue with to much you put up here. here is the thing i will say. youre cutting or trading half the team.. a bit much. if you get rid of chalmers, miller, and james jones.. alot of our shooting goes too. this team was so deep and such good shooters and NBA 3 point champion couldnt sniff the court. the way we play we need shooters to space the court. if you get rid of all these shooters, we better be bringing in a bunch more.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of our players will be back. It will depend on how Varnado develops as well as some other players of ours who are overseas. I really hope that the Heat really take a harder look for hidden gems that are available. Still can't get over Patrick Beverly and how he's doing on the Rockets right now.

I think they should try to have one or two guys in the supporting cast be a younger guy, and that should be one of the guys we have oversees - I am just afraid that any youngster from oversees that we put on the roster will just end up sitting on the bench and rotting the whole season like Varnado did in place of a scrub like Shane Battier - Who hopefully is content with robbing the team of two rings and walks away so we can give that money and roster spot to a better player.

Good to hear Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis want to come back - Hopefully it works out and we can bring back a few guys back.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think Udonis should be amnestied or traded. At this point you're not going to get much for him and amnestying him won't put us under the salary cap. Plus he's a Heat lifer at this point and could've made more money elsewhere. Not seeing UD on this team is not an option.

I'd be up for seeing what we could get for Chalmers, Joel and/or Miller. Norris Cole would be a suitable replacement as a starting PG, but there's something about Rio coming up during big games. Furthermore you have to account for the chemistry that we'd be losing. I still think the Heat can find a way to bring in a few players that can contribute and help keep the distance between us and the Pacers/Bulls next season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you cut a player still under contract, you still have to pay them.
As far as amnesty, won't be Haslem. If it it used, it will be Miller.
As far as trades, other then Chalmers, there's really nothing that attractive with any of them IMO that would bring us anything better in return.
As far as Chalmers, for 4M, Im keeping him all day. He is far from perfect, but he is becoming a much better penetrating PG and he has a knack for hitting big shots in big games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you cut a player still under contract, you still have to pay them.
As far as amnesty, won't be Haslem. If it it used, it will be Miller.
As far as trades, other then Chalmers, there's really nothing that attractive with any of them IMO that would bring us anything better in return.
As far as Chalmers, for 4M, Im keeping him all day. He is far from perfect, but he is becoming a much better penetrating PG and he has a knack for hitting big shots in big games.

The only thing we could ask UD to do is ask him retire. In my opinion you keep him, he still brings his hustle off the bench and one could argue we wouldn't have even gotten past the Pacers had it not been for some amazing games from him. And yes, I still don't understand how we're going to "cut" players with all of these contracts being guaranteed. UD is the heart and soul of the locker room. You don't fck with that.

You keep Rio as well and accept that you're going to get really good games out of him sometimes, but at other times you're going to be cussing at him through your TV screen.

I think we need to keep Cole and Rio, we're set at the PG position and may add a veteran PG who's in their mid-to-late 30's and just wants a ring in the event that one of the two are injured.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing we could ask UD to do is ask him retire. In my opinion you keep him, he still brings his hustle off the bench and one could argue we wouldn't have even gotten past the Pacers had it not been for some amazing games from him. And yes, I still don't understand how we're going to "cut" players with all of these contracts being guaranteed. UD is the heart and soul of the locker room. You don't fck with that.

You keep Rio as well and accept that you're going to get really good games out of him sometimes, but at other times you're going to be cussing at him through your TV screen.

I think we need to keep Cole and Rio, we're set at the PG position and may add a veteran PG who's in their mid-to-late 30's and just wants a ring in the event that one of the two are injured.

No chance that the Heat ask UD to retire. Lets not forget that in year 1 when we were really short on bodies/ bench that he was supposed to be a key player who sacrificed 14-17M to help get this this going. The Heat are loyal as hell. UD deserves every nickel his contract calls for.

As far as Chalmers. Agree again. Plus, when he is having bad games, often time you can tell early and then just chop his minutes. When he's hot, he's usually hitting a couple of early 3's.

I'm honestly much happier most of the time when he's running the point then when Wade is (at least the not healthy Wade).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance that the Heat ask UD to retire. Lets not forget that in year 1 when we were really short on bodies/ bench that he was supposed to be a key player who sacrificed 14-17M to help get this this going. The Heat are loyal as hell. UD deserves every nickel his contract calls for.

As far as Chalmers. Agree again. Plus, when he is having bad games, often time you can tell early and then just chop his minutes. When he's hot, he's usually hitting a couple of early 3's.

I'm honestly much happier most of the time when he's running the point then when Wade is (at least the not healthy Wade).

:agree::suds:

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before cutting anybody out, who can we get to add size to the Heat roster.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absolutely amazing how grown men are throwing a bitch fit because LBJ posted a 15 second video having fun with his followers on IG

These guys talk about LBJ being immature because he's having fun with his followers. Crying about LBJ making a 15 second video about winning his 2nd title is more immature IMO

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absolutely amazing how grown men are throwing a bitch fit because LBJ posted a 15 second video having fun with his followers on IG

These guys talk about LBJ being immature because he's having fun with his followers. Crying about LBJ making a 15 second video about winning his 2nd title is more immature IMO

And it's so hilarious. You know that message was to all the haters.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has LeBatard done another one of his awesome rants yet after Game 7?