• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Off Season Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not convinced front office sold on him...we shall see. His team now.

If they aren't sold on him, then wouldn't have maxed him.
I'm sure that didn't sit well with Wade.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can now get Allen Crabbe. A lot of these guys worth having have signed already.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for keeping Tyler Johnson. Just not at the deal he was offered from the Nets. That thing is backloaded to all shit. Even that fucker out.

I'm ok with that, but yep, you can't have 18M tied up in him 3 and 4 years from now.

Im not even sure who is left to fill the roster with.

Hopefully they don't give UD anything more then a minimum if anything at all.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with that, but yep, you can't have 18M tied up in him 3 and 4 years from now.

Im not even sure who is left to fill the roster with.

Hopefully they don't give UD anything more then a minimum if anything at all.

There are a few restricted FA who we can try and get.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Heat should've made a better effort to keep the OTHER Johnson instead?
And again, as for the idea that next season will be rough due to this move or any prior move made or not made by the Heat thus far? its quite crazy. We have yet have a roster to fill - lets at least wait and see how that plays out. We now have some space given we didn't budge to the demands of the overpaid, selfish little bitch.

Riles was held hostage by Wade's boyfriend during free agency once before - So, despite the biggest prizes in FA being gone - Riles will figure out a way to fill out this roster with quality pieces given what is available to us money wise and whats out there.

I am willing to bet that when its said and done, those being pessimistic of the coming season now and CURRENTLY talking about 2017 season and free agency - will put that aside and worry about 2017 FA when it does actually come around -- and instead will focus on the upcoming 2016-17.

We don't rebuild. We reload.

The floodgates on the signings will open soon

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point. id beg Bosh to retire and UD to leave or retire. lets just start fresh and see what we have.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and one last thing, this whole idea that the diva left because she felt "disrespected" as stupid as ever. None of this whole contract negotiation process has anything to do with respect. Its about the value of a player on the court. And quite simply Mrs.Wade was no longer worth on the court what he was asking for.

We still got love for him. This has nothing to do with respect. Not a damn thing.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point. id beg Bosh to retire and UD to leave or retire. lets just start fresh and see what we have.

Thats quite dramatic. Its not that bad

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and one last thing, this whole idea that the diva left because she felt "disrespected" as stupid as ever. None of this whole contract negotiation process has anything to do with respect. Its about the value of a player on the court. And quite simply Mrs.Wade was no longer worth on the court what he was asking for.

We still got love for him. This has nothing to do with respect. Not a damn thing.

No dog in this one for me.

No question he wasn't worth $50 mil...but, Riley was more than happy to pay him less than his value when he brought in the two studs that got him 2 more rings.

Respect may not be the right word, but players do feel a certain kinda way when that happens....bottomline...if you take a cut for whatever reason, don't ever think the team will make it up later.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bosh really has no choice if the Heat wont clear him, and they wont..in my strongest of opinions.

Wade had to know this.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Tyler news?

I'd be very cool with 4/50 if its 12.5/year

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have to meet the minimum tax floor with this roster. I'm cool with keeping UD where he gets paid (maybe 1-year $5 million).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Heat should've made a better effort to keep the OTHER Johnson instead?
And again, as for the idea that next season will be rough due to this move or any prior move made or not made by the Heat thus far? its quite crazy. We have yet have a roster to fill - lets at least wait and see how that plays out. We now have some space given we didn't budge to the demands of the overpaid, selfish little bitch.

Riles was held hostage by Wade's boyfriend during free agency once before - So, despite the biggest prizes in FA being gone - Riles will figure out a way to fill out this roster with quality pieces given what is available to us money wise and whats out there.

I am willing to bet that when its said and done, those being pessimistic of the coming season now and CURRENTLY talking about 2017 season and free agency - will put that aside and worry about 2017 FA when it does actually come around -- and instead will focus on the upcoming 2016-17.

We don't rebuild. We reload.

The floodgates on the signings will open soon

You need to take a closer look at this roster and what's available at free agency. Bosh is likely not returning and we've lost a lot of depth - Deng, Joe Johnson, and Tyler Johnson (assuming the Heat don't match), as well as Wade now. There's not much left to fill the roster with free agency. The only trade assets that we have outside of our youth is Dragic and Whiteside (a month from now). There's no one available that will take those two while returning a game changer - which includes Westbrook.

The general consensus from everyone in the media both national and local that Miami is in store for a rebuild. Miami has their 1st round pick which is shaping up to be a lottery pick. Bosh's salary will free up next offseason which leaves quite a lot money available so long as the Heat fills up the roster on 1-year deals.

Point being - there's no reload this year. It's going to be a down year.