• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Off Season Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to move on.

We can now talk up all things off season -- including draft on this thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a pick lol. Our off season begins July 1st when free agency begins

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pick was Briante Weber.
Let's discuss who shouldn't be back.

I'll start with Amare, UD, prob maybe GG?, and I'm hoping Bosh ( for obvious reasons).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pick was Briante Weber.
Let's discuss who shouldn't be back.

I'll start with Amare, UD, prob maybe GG?, and I'm hoping Bosh ( for obvious reasons).

I agree with this. We need to start transitioning to a perimeter-style team with more athleticism. Here's who we should bring back:

Wade
T. Johnson
Winslow
Richardson
Whiteside (maybe)

UD should retire at this juncture. Amare is just an end of the bench player, which hey, if he wants to come back for the vet. minimum, cool. Gerald Green was inconsistent and it's probably best to move on. Deng and JJ, although big contributers in the first round; disappeared in the 2nd round. I let them walk given asking prices and that we need to go younger.

Bosh is the huge question mark. I'm not a doctor and I don't know what his health situation looks like. Paolo, you may need to do some digging up on this. But I've heard mention of something that kicks in if Bosh is out 10 months. Which would be around December. It's very unfortunate that we do not have any picks this draft.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. We need to start transitioning to a perimeter-style team with more athleticism. Here's who we should bring back:

Wade
T. Johnson
Winslow
Richardson
Whiteside (maybe)

UD should retire at this juncture. Amare is just an end of the bench player, which hey, if he wants to come back for the vet. minimum, cool. Gerald Green was inconsistent and it's probably best to move on. Deng and JJ, although big contributers in the first round; disappeared in the 2nd round. I let them walk given asking prices and that we need to go younger.

Bosh is the huge question mark. I'm not a doctor and I don't know what his health situation looks like. Paolo, you may need to do some digging up on this. But I've heard mention of something that kicks in if Bosh is out 10 months. Which would be around December. It's very unfortunate that we do not have any picks this draft.

I think with Bosh, his cap hit would come off in Feb, and his base salary would be paid by an insurance clause if he's forced to retire for health reasons,
That has to be what the Heat will push for with him.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Gents....here is who is on the roster and under contract.

1. Chris Bosh
2. Goran Dragic
3. Justice Winslow
4. Joel McRoberts
5. Josh Richardson
6. Briante Weber

All are signed at player options for the next 2 years. The rest are free agents. Fascinating off season. How good we will be next year really depends on Chris Bosh but I unfortunately think that his condition leads to retirement so we have to eat his albatross of a salary next season. So that means 5 players under contract for about $50 million. $40 million to spread out. The key questions will be do the Heat make the investment in Whiteside and will Wade and/or Whiteside take a home town discount. That determines where we go from here.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gents....here is who is on the roster and under contract.

1. Chris Bosh
2. Goran Dragic
3. Justice Winslow
4. Joel McRoberts
5. Josh Richardson
6. Briante Weber

All are signed at player options for the next 2 years. The rest are free agents. Fascinating off season. How good we will be next year really depends on Chris Bosh but I unfortunately think that his condition leads to retirement so we have to eat his albatross of a salary next season. So that means 5 players under contract for about $50 million. $40 million to spread out. The key questions will be do the Heat make the investment in Whiteside and will Wade and/or Whiteside take a home town discount. That determines where we go from here.

I think the Heat will certainly try to shop McRoberts. Problem is, not many teams are going to want that contract. I think he has two more yeas left.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think the Heat will certainly try to shop McRoberts. Problem is, not many teams are going to want that contract. I think he has two more yeas left.

Not so sure. With an exploding cap, the $5 to $6 million dollar contract is not awful. We may even give him some burn. Who are you going to get for that same price in this market without having a pick in the draft? Would have to find a gem -- another one from the D league -- or go out and get Beasley again. LOL. I think they give him another shot. However, there might be takers. Amare is likely gone.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure. With an exploding cap, the $5 to $6 million dollar contract is not awful. We may even give him some burn. Who are you going to get for that same price in this market without having a pick in the draft? Would have to find a gem -- another one from the D league -- or go out and get Beasley again. LOL. I think they give him another shot. However, there might be takers. Amare is likely gone.

I'm all for getting Beasley for part 3. I told Turnup in another thread, but he was Houston's most consistent player while being a great offensive threat off the bench. Who knows? Maybe that stint in China gave him a shot to the gut.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Beasley as much as everyone else in here -- at least the new and improved Beasley... But at some point, whenever we are in need of a player, we have to be able to mention someone other than Beasley at least until other options have been exhausted.

No knock on Beasley at all, so don't take it as such -- but if he is the one and only option to get us over the hump - that tells me the available talent pool in the NBA is VERY weak.

Either way, first and foremost, we will have to wait and see how the Heat handle the guys we have currently on the roster whose contracts will be up or eligible for extending them.

Must first figure out the financial flexibility, or lack of, that we will have available to us to improve the roster.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Stephen A Smith with some crazy stuff. Says if Heat fail to land KD, then would go after Lebron if he wins title in Cleveland.

The rumors will begin. Just hope they give Wade a shot to compete. Riley has some tough, tough decisions. Not sure what Whiteside will do. That is a big decision.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Don't forget Dwight Howard is out there.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Dwight Howard is out there.

I'll pass on Dwight. Unless he's willing to accept that he's not a max deal player and make around $10-$15 mil per.

Also, I forgot to include Dragic in my previous post on guys to bring back (given that he has 3 years left on his deal).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Wade gives another home discount. i know after this year he earned a nice paycheck, but he is getting up there in age and honestly i dont know if he could put up the same numbers next season that he did this year. I love Wade and want him to stick with us till he retires, but if he wants to compete for a championship every year we are going to need to spend $$ on some other guys to help him. I have no doubt Riley/Arison will take care of Wade when his career is all over.

We need to resign Dragic, we saw what he can do when we run a quicker offense. We just need him to be more consistent. Definitely keep the rookies, Winslow and Richardson and TJ all gained alot of experience going deep into the playoffs with 2 game 7s. It is good for them and will only make them better. But Winslow really needs to work on his shot. It is not good.

Its time to force UD into retirement, or let him go. No reason at all to bring him back. i understand he is a good locker room presence, but he doesnt need to be on the roster for that. Hire him as a groupie to go to every game and do pep talks when your team is down.

Amare, Green need to be let go. Not worth the inconsistent play. Wright didnt get much time at all with us. He is worth a end of the bench roster spot for the minimum. If you can trade McBob go for it, if not, his contract is a little high for a guy whose going to most likely not be in the rotation next year (if we make the right moves). He definitely should not be played at Center, it honestly just wasnt fair to him.

Deng and JJ need to be traded or let go. Their asking price will be too high for someone who disappeared in the 2nd rd.

That leaves Bosh and Whiteside. Bosh is a very soft player, but he has heart and shows up when we need him. But his time playing should be done. His health is for more important. He should retire. It isnt worth the risk to bring him back only to lose him again.

Whiteside- Ughhh. What to do what to do. I have a close friend who works for Univision sports division. he is at every game, i see him on the TV with all the players during warm ups. He interviews them all and talks to them all the time. He said Whiteside could have played the last 2 games, his health was fine and he was ready to go. He chose not to play because of his contract. Not a matter of him getting hurt more and then not getting paid, but more didnt want to get outplayed and look bad and lose out on a big contract. To me, thats a very selfish player. I like Whiteside and what he brings to the table, but I didnt think he was a Max player before or with an attitude like that, it makes me think that even more.