• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Off Season Thread

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sign Wade. Pay him. He deserves it.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't call the KD update a " development" he hadn't made a decision yet and was obviously still taking visits and taking teams into consider -- The too often wrong Chris Broussard was the one that reported as if KD was already set to make up his mind a couple of days ago - when really he won't make up his mind until later today and I think we are all in for a surprise...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worthless question to ask - no reason at all to match. Just let it go

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD will go the Hassan route and announce his decision on the Players Tribune. Don't want to make too much of that but I think that may signal he is leaving OKC. He will then take the chance to thank the city and organization with a piece in the PT.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sign Wade. Pay him. He deserves it.

He will come back to Miami. Miami will pay him. Got to let the KD situation play out. Miami is supposedly still in the running according to some of the reports out there. If I was KD, it would be GSW because of the situation. But I am still holding out a sliver of hope. When KD does announce today, I expect a Wade deal shortly after that.

Real question is do we match on Tyler? If we don't get KD, I say yes and move Dragic. If we do get KD, the no.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He will come back to Miami. Miami will pay him. Got to let the KD situation play out. Miami is supposedly still in the running according to some of the reports out there. If I was KD, it would be GSW because of the situation. But I am still holding out a sliver of hope. When KD does announce today, I expect a Wade deal shortly after that.

Real question is do we match on Tyler? If we don't get KD, I say yes and move Dragic. If we do get KD, the no.

Agree on all fronts except Tyler Johnson. With his injury history and that back loaded contract, I am not sure I am willing to risk it on him even though a low cap hit because we got be left with an albatross if he fans out. However, I see why some would want him with the low cap hit this year.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on all fronts except Tyler Johnson. With his injury history and that back loaded contract, I am not sure I am willing to risk it on him even though a low cap hit because we got be left with an albatross if he fans out. However, I see why some would want him with the low cap hit this year.

The injury history is a fair point on him.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Durant to the Warriors. They are loaded. Replacing Barnes with Durant is money.......hope we can get Wade to make our team competitive and that Bosh is back.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD has decided on GSW. So that puts an end to that. Now the Heat will probably throw Wade his money and it will be time to focus on filling the roster with low cost contracts

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Heat could've negotiated something with TJ under their terms, then bringing him back would've made sense - but at the asking price of matching the offer-sheet? FUCK no.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Tough decisions for all. Wade has played well and has been the franchise and sacrificed but can we really afford to overplay for a soon to be 34 year old coming off his best season health wise in 5 years? Wade can say he was direspected and all, but he still has career earnings close to 200 million and playing in Miami and with Riles afforded him the opportunity to be world champion. His club got him what he needed and swung for the fences. Living in Florida has afforded him a favorable income tax rate and those championships have led to major endorsements. If we wants to leave be caused he feels disrespected, then so be it. His fans in Miami who make considerable less would feel more disrespected. The organization is trying to do what franchises with long term staying power do and that is not overpay a veteran in their declining years ... See San Antonio versus the Lakers for what can go right and wrong. Guess Wade might want his Benjamin's more than winning. If so, then so be it. He will be in for a rude awakening going to another city who won't cut him slack since he is the 20 million dollar man with no history, a place where he either uproots his kids or leaves them back for the season - tough decisions for a father first, and where he goes from a glam life in Miami to Milwaukee or Denver where he has to pay more state taxes on his professional earnings and his non professional earnings.

Both the franchise and Wade need each other but at the right compromised price......hope they both realize it before the fans end up suffering or it.....

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Heat could've negotiated something with TJ under their terms, then bringing him back would've made sense - but at the asking price of matching the offer-sheet? FUCK no.

Still cheaper than Dragic. I'd rathet Miami match and move Dragic/McBob for a small forward or shooting gyard.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still cheaper than Dragic. I'd rathet Miami match and move Dragic/McBob for a small forward or shooting gyard.

Makes sense under that idea. I guess a case could've been made one way or another. The Heat, under riles, as always, will make the move the gives them the most flexibility for the better of the team.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Don't like that. Mcroberts is a bargain now and our only insurance to even field something reassembling a non lottery team if Bosh gets hurt. Tyler Johnson is not Dragic but is younger. The problem is that in years 3 and 4 he is overpaid and his injury history scares me to death. Does one bank on his potential over a known commodity? Depends on Wade and Bosh.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like that. Mcroberts is a bargain now and our only insurance to even field something reassembling a non lottery team if Bosh gets hurt. Tyler Johnson is not Dragic but is younger. The problem is that in years 3 and 4 he is overpaid and his injury history scares me to death. Does one bank on his potential over a known commodity? Depends on Wade and Bosh.

Tyler is a great defender. Dragic was wildly inconsistent. The injury history is legit. Also, McRoberts scored less than 4 points a game and averaged less than 3 boards. The last time he was a starter he averaged 8.5 and 4.8. He is vastly overrated. He shoots well under 50% for a guy who is almost 7 foot. We can find a McRoberts in the D-League.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
2 years 40 million to Wade now with a two year player option. The Heat have countered. Looking like we have Wade for one more year....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years 40 million to Wade now with a two year player option. The Heat have countered. Looking like we have Wade for one more year....

That's the perfect contract for him. Hopefully next offseason we'll have more answers than questions with our roster.