• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat October/November Game Thread

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the game. Went to see Mocking Jay last night and DVR-ed the game. A win is a win. They all count the same. The few positives... the 2nd half/4th quarter rally. That was nice. Winslow hitting the tip in. Wade playing really well. Hassan with the 8 blocks. Again we got very little out of Dragic and Tyler didn't help much off the bench. Our 3 PGs combined for 1 free throw last night. One. Tyler missed it too. That's horrible.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Achilles heel for the Heat: FTs. Giving up too many off them to the opponent, not making enough of them on our end.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see Queen James outburst last night and walking off the court during live action? Only thing that would've made it better is if it had been during a loss.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this discussion is worth having. 2 questions for the Heat fans who doesn't agree with every single decision the coaching staff makes.

1) What the hell does McRoberts bring to the table? IMO he sucks and does not warrant the minutes he is getting.

2) Is it not time for Amare to play more consistently with the struggles our bench is having scoring the ball? Pretty much if it is not Tyler or Gerald scoring, our bench scoring is trash.

This question is only for @TurnUpTheHeat @Flauge @Andresrenee @Heatles84 @avalon2423

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this discussion is worth having. 2 questions for the Heat fans who doesn't agree with every single decision the coaching staff makes.

1) What the hell does McRoberts bring to the table? IMO he sucks and does not warrant the minutes he is getting.

2) Is it not time for Amare to play more consistently with the struggles our bench is having scoring the ball? Pretty much if it is not Tyler or Gerald scoring, our bench scoring is trash.

This question is only for @TurnUpTheHeat @Flauge @Andresrenee @Heatles84 @avalon2423

I haven't been able to watch much of this season. Although, I did finally find a stream that I will probably go with from here on out.

1) I haven't seen many positives in McRoberts the times I"ve seen him play. Considering the contract he has and the decisions we'll have to make in the offseason regarding Whiteside mainly. I'd be all for trading him.

2) Again, I haven't watched much of the Heat. But if you have someone out there who's inconsistent. Change things up. From what everyone was saying, Amare was playing good in the 1st quarter the other day. Then didn't see any burn the rest of the night - makes no sense.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what we have seen so far - It is obvious McRob is bringing virtually nothing. As to why he warrants any minutes - The known potential he has. The same applies to Dragic - the biggest reason to stay with him is because for one, the team is winning - and you know what the guy is capable of. At some point they will put it together. Still slightly early to be giving in any anyone.

Lets not get carried away with what we saw from Amare the other night - He had one good game, circumstances dictated his playing time - that is how his PT will be determined all season.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense doing their part now time for the O

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opps wrong thread again

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what we have seen so far - It is obvious McRob is bringing virtually nothing. As to why he warrants any minutes - The known potential he has. The same applies to Dragic - the biggest reason to stay with him is because for one, the team is winning - and you know what the guy is capable of. At some point they will put it together. Still slightly early to be giving in any anyone.

Lets not get carried away with what we saw from Amare the other night - He had one good game, circumstances dictated his playing time - that is how his PT will be determined all season.

1 more than McRoberts has in much less games. McRoberts has played in just about every game this year and I don't think I can say he played well and provided a spark in any

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a long season. A different guy will step up each time and a different guy will struggle each time. It happens.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need scoring from our bench. Josh does not provide that

Recently , far too often, not much bench production out of anyone really. Even TJ isn't scoring at the rate he was doing so earlier on a few games back but I expected that. As I said, once he gets more comfortable with his role and not having to look over his shoulders - There may be a slight level of complacency where he doesn't feel the pressure of possibly losing his role to someone else behind him.

But I will say this, you and others have pointed out the need for production out of our bench -- myself included, THAT is exactly why Spo goes to those guys early and often - you know, those moments you and others in here start bitching and crying? The only way to try and get them going is to give them PT.

You all talk as if there is a set and proven approach to how to and when to use the bench - Thats not the case. Every game, every opponent is different.

What I would prefer to see is more balance and efficiency out of our starters on a more consistent basis not to put such a load on our bench - at least until they find their groove

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I posted basically the same thought about McBob a week or two ago.

My observation was he brings no offense, little defense, and I also noted no emotion.

When Bird or UD comes off the bench, the crowd gets fired up and often that transcends to the others on the court.

As far as Amare, I'm not quite sure how I feel.
I'll still take the guy currently playing in China over either of them.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASK IRA: Is it premature to question a Dragic payoff?

The answer to this question is a simple yes. As it is to question the play of any player at this point in the season. It is still early.

As for tonight, lets see if the Heat come out a little more to play than they did last game - certainly a tougher matchup.