• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat October/November Game Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get too frustrated boys. Had a tough slate to open the year. Look at a team like Cleveland for example who played Philly 2x and NYK in their first 6 games. The only easy team we played was Minnesota because Charlotte even look like a possibly 7 or 8 seed out East

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wade and Whiteside 8 for 25 with -23 and -24 respectively. The offense was not sharp wih them on the court against this team. Toronto Sunday an then the schedule gets a little better. Will be interesting to see how this team gels together. Seems like Amare or Bird may have helped given the play of Whiteside in the 2nd half. Wade was definitely not effective after halftime. Almost like he ran out of gas.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to say they could've done better since we lost, but a good performance from our bench - if wade had at least played half decent, it would've been enough

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yep...they have a superstar and we do not. We currently sit 9th in the conference. 1-3 in the conference.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...they have a superstar and we do not. We currently sit 9th in the conference. 1-3 in the conference.

Are you seriously concerned with conference standings in the first week of November? Seriously dude.

And as CB said 2 of our losses came against the top 2 teams in the East last year who been playing with each other for over a year now (at min) while we're still learning how to play with each other.

I would be concerned if we were losing to teams like the Magic, Nets, and Sixers

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't run out of gas. He just collapsed in the face of adversity yet again when the Pacers got back in the game and got the lead. He started forcing the issue as he usually does in that case. As for upcoming schedule, the Heat are in no position to be looking ahead like that just yet. They need some consistency and continuity before they can do that. They can win on any given night but could just as well find a way to lose, as was the case tonight. Some consistency needed before we can get cocky and look ahead in games.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The pride you take in being stupid really is beyond disturbing now.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Are you seriously concerned with conference standings in the first week of November? Seriously dude.

And as CB said 2 of our losses came against the top 2 teams in the East last year who been playing with each other for over a year now (at min) while we're still learning how to play with each other.

I would be concerned if we were losing to teams like the Magic, Nets, and Sixers

So not concerned about losing to a Pacers team with hardly any continuity themselves? We beat a Houston team minus two starters. Two ways to look at everything. I actually agree with Paolo for once, this team has no business overlooking anybody. Not so easy for the Heat to win when they dont have one of the top 5 players in the league like we did 7 of the past 8 years.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The pride you take in being stupid really is beyond disturbing now.

Stay optimistic and stay strong Paula! You guys laughed at me last year when I said we could miss the playoffs. Also, you were not very positive during our two champisonship runs when I was. I am just a bit more of realist and merely poitning out that the Eastern Conference is not a walk in the park this year and we may be challenged to finish with a solid playoff seeding or even the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not concerned about losing to a Pacers team with hardly any continuity themselves? We beat a Houston team minus two starters. Two ways to look at everything. I actually agree with Paolo for once, this team has no business overlooking anybody. Not so easy for the Heat to win when they dont have one of the top 5 players in the league like we did 7 of the past 8 years.

Are we seriously going to get concern and overreact and claim they were overlooking an opponent every time this team lose a game? You come out the way we did tonight when you overlook a team Seriously. No I'm not concerned about this game tonight. Wade and Whiteside played poorly and PG13 was amazing. I would be much more concerned all the starters played well and we still were defeated. This game wasn't concerning to me. The game was there for the taking. PG13 took over. End of story.

INJURIES HAPPEN. It is a long season. Not every time we play a team will they be at full strength and vice versa. I don't see you bringing up that we were without our 6th man and best 3 point shooter in 2 of our 3 losses this year but yet you want to bring up Houston injuries to take away from our win.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 92.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question asked in the latest Ask Ira. Ira's response, makes it seem like he got paid under the table by Wade before answering.

This is that sense of entitlement issue with Wade - yes, he is the franchise player, but he is also as closed to washed up of a player is we have on the team - not saying he is done - so nobody get butthurt, but he certainly doesn't have as much left in the tank as he once did. Him taking the final shot, especially if a 3, is suicidal to the Heat. First and foremost, he had no business being out there last night in crunch time given the way he was playing throughout the game - much less take the last shot.

The Heat need to worry a little less about hurting his feelings and doing what is right for the team. Not necessarily intentionally, but he will often do things that hurt the team on the court and we let him get away with it because he is a " Heat Lifer" gtfofh with that crap. Its an early season game, so it doesn't mean too much, but it can certainly come back to bite if we are fighting for playoff positioning later on.

ASK IRA: Should Heat script Wade out of late 3-point situations?

Seven-game homestand could set tone for balance of Heat season

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There was not much open on that play but if he had held it a little longer, then Winslow could have had Dragic at th top of th key. Seems like the team should have gone more to Dragic at the end. Him and Wade still not geling. Dragic deferring too much. Last night was simply, their lone Superstar outplayed everyone of our "All-Stars". Season defining homestand coming up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was not much open on that play but if he had held it a little longer, then Winslow could have had Dragic at th top of th key. Seems like the team should have gone more to Dragic at the end. Him and Wade still not geling. Dragic deferring too much. Last night was simply, their lone Superstar outplayed everyone of our "All-Stars". Season defining homestand coming up.

Season defining homestand in early November? WTF

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it's not season defining, but it's very important.
We needs some W's stashed anytime we have perceived winnable home games.

I doubt we win more than 15 road games this year, so if that's the case we need to go around 29-12 at home just to have a decent record.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are 3-3 right now and sit at 9th in the conference. If the Heat stumble during the long home stand and get a sub par record, it can define the season this early. We're not gelling and it's obviously still too early to tell. But when you look at other teams in the East, it's definitely not a situation you want to be in where we're already having to play a significant catch up in January to make the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are 3-3 right now and sit at 9th in the conference. If the Heat stumble during the long home stand and get a sub par record, it can define the season this early. We're not gelling and it's obviously still too early to tell. But when you look at other teams in the East, it's definitely not a situation you want to be in where we're already having to play a significant catch up in January to make the playoffs.

You guys are way too concerned. 4-2 was the best case scenario when you actually evaluated our first 6 games. You guys are really up in arms about losing to the Hawks and Cavs? The Pacers aren't too bad either especially when PG13 is playing like he did before the injury. You guys are acting like we were losing to shitty basketball teams. There is nothing to be concerned about

Wake me up when they begin losing to teams who are likely to finish 25-30 games under then I'll be concerned

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it's not season defining, but it's very important.
We needs some W's stashed anytime we have perceived winnable home games.

I doubt we win more than 15 road games this year, so if that's the case we need to go around 29-12 at home just to have a decent record.

We won 17 road games last year. If we win 15 road games then we are not as good as any of us thought we were and will finish as a 6 or 7 seed and the season will be done in late April.

We will win about 19 road games and 27-29 hoe games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the remaining schedule for November. Games in bold are road games

Toronto
LAL
Utah
Minnesota
Sacramento
Philly
Knicks
Pistons
Knicks

Boston

I would really love to know where any of you guys see 5-6 losses in the next 10 games. I really need a good laugh. IMO at worse we lose 3 of these games which will leave us a 10-6 heading to December.....not bad at all.

I actually think we go 8-2 though. Losing to Toronto and Detroit.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won 17 road games last year. If we win 15 road games then we are not as good as any of us thought we were and will finish as a 6 or 7 seed and the season will be done in late April.

We will win about 19 road games and 27-29 hoe games

We need to go at least 6-4, but should win more than that out of next 10.

As far as road wins, I understand using last seasons amount as a measuring point, but it really has nothing to do with this season.
Plus, we started out really strong on the road last year, and then finished terrible.

To win 19, is near .500.
I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it.
East top to bottom is much more competitive and we have 2 months of totally brutal scheduling to deal with.