• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat @ Dallas Mavericks Game Thread

MoeJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Allen, 0 points in 22 minutes against Dallas. Of course it is all OK because, well, because he is Ray Allen. I guess we can assume it is his great defense, rebounding, and passing that keep him alive in the rotation, while guys like Haslem and even James Jones can't log a minute. Ray now at 34.9% behind the line for the season; as a reference, Mike Miller currently at 42.3%.

To win a championship this year, I believe that Ray's minutes need to be cut drastically. Of course, I know this will never happen. After all, he's Ray Allen. These minutes could be effectively filled by Haslem, Beasly, and/or Odom, or some combination thereof. But please, please don't tell me he is "spreading the floor".

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Ray minutes may need to be cut but in a close game, I don't give a damn if he's 0-15 we must him on the court in the final 5 minutes of any close game.....The man is clutch

MoeJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I agree that Ray minutes may need to be cut but in a close game, I don't give a damn if he's 0-15 we must him on the court in the final 5 minutes of any close game.....The man is clutch"

I can live with that. Let him play the last 5 minutes of the game, maybe even the last 5 minutes of the first half to warm him up, 10 minutes a game. Sell him on the fact that even though almost 40, he will be out there when it is "winning time".

Don't forget, when he goes 0-15, there wouldn't even need to be a clutch performance if he had only not played at all. How long can he live on Game 6? How many championships do we not win unit we acknowledge that he is no longer effective? I believe in that very Game 6, he had shot quite poorly (and played quite poorly) just prior to that miracle shot, which really should not have been necessary had he played a little better. You'll have to check me out on that, haven't gone back and looked at the box score.

I love the guy for making that shot, but let's not lose the championship this year because we feel compelled to show gratitude!

MoeJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went back and checked. Prior to the miracle shot, he was 2-7 (field) and 0-2 (from 3-point line). Then in the clutch game 7, he was 0-4 and 0-2 respectively.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Ray still gets any significant time has nothing to do with the fact the he is “ Ray Allen” as you put it - As I have said before, it has to do with track record. He has been around for years and his numbers how what he is capable of doing - It is because of what he is capable of(potential) that he is still getting significant minutes. He will continue to get minutes because of that. As you said, this isnt going to change, so people just gotta let it go.

If a scrub like Shane who brings nothing to the team, gets the minutes he gets and goes scoreless most of the time and is in foul trouble - Than Ray Allen deserves to continue to get minutes… And he will.

MoeJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine; but say goodbye to the NBA Championship.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine; but say goodbye to the NBA Championship.

You have to be an absolute ignorant idiot to think that, that one factor alone will ruin the teams chances of winning a title. Whether a team wins or loses it will be due to several different factors, not one… to think that is beyond idiotic. Get it together.

MoeJoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your anger and name calling tendencies are most unfortunate. I think everyone who reads these boards is painfully aware that you really don't understand the game of basketball (on any level). I also think that if the Heat played you for 25 minutes per game, that one factor alone would be more than enough to ensure that there would be no championship. Your poorly worded rebuttal is tantamount to arguing that the efforts of one player cannot make a difference. If that is truly so, should we not lighten up on Mr. Battier?