• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami (FL) punishments announced tomorrow

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overlooking self imposed pusishments?

Forget how mohammed completey walked after the ncaa botched that investigation too?

again I admit I don't know any details..maybe you can enlighten me? 2 bowl bans...but even still 9 total? didnt USC get more like 30? a quick google search shows atleast part of the violations were almost 200,000 dollars paid to former players..sounds like lack of institution control to me. no point in dwelling on it...there isn't any consistent thing here

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
LOL at all the butt hurt fans of other teams.

I told you all 3 years ago this was gonna be a circus but would amount to nothing (really).

Lots of BS spewed by a conman. Some was true and we punished ourselves for it. The NCAA had such a hard-on for us they broke the law and moral rules just to get us. The NCCA did not want to get sued and levied the only punishment it could and they hate it.

Remember we did miss three post season games and suspended 12 players for up to 8 games and already lost upwards of 10 schollies already.

I'm glad its over.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
so basically:
sleepy on the sofa of a players home & driving his car to mcdonalds in boise is the same as free drugs, free hookers, free booze, giant yacht parties, & paying players in miami...........

Not one bit of proof of either of those, none.
But you also think Obie walks on water so you are a kool-aid lover per excellant'

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
again I admit I don't know any details..maybe you can enlighten me? 2 bowl bans...but even still 9 total? didnt USC get more like 30? a quick google search shows atleast part of the violations were almost 200,000 dollars paid to former players..sounds like lack of institution control to me. no point in dwelling on it...there isn't any consistent thing here

No proof of it, just the word of a convicted conman.

And we already cut schollies on our own in the neighborhood of 10-15.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About what I thought. The NCAA really screwed up the investigation and Miami has already held themselves out of 2 post seasons (I think thats right?).

Seems fair I guess. :noidea:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About what I thought. The NCAA really screwed up the investigation and Miami has already held themselves out of 2 post seasons (I think thats right?).

Seems fair I guess. :noidea:

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!

yeah its so tough on a school to have a self imposed bowl ban in seasons where they knew they werent gonna make a good bowl game anyways.

gimmie a freaking break, the only reason miami self imposed was because they knew that they were gonna have bad seasons and wanted to get the bowl bans out of the way

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what were the penalties for that???

can the ncaa just save itself a lot of time & effort by instead of investigating & then punishing a school just have a tiered process*

tier #4 abnormal investigation (or in PSU's case no investigation), extreme, severe, & unprecedented penalties
who belongs in this tier? pac12, b10, & any current BCS busters

*by tier process i mean base the penalties purely on conf. affiliation

Tier 4.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!

yeah its so tough on a school to have a self imposed bowl ban in seasons where they knew they werent gonna make a good bowl game anyways.

gimmie a freaking break, the only reason miami self imposed was because they knew that they were gonna have bad seasons and wanted to get the bowl bans out of the way

We also missed a month of practices each year and a potential of $6 Mil or more.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!

Miami held themselves out of the ACC CCG game and two bowl games. Usually winning a CCG gets you a decent bowl game. I think you excuse doesnt fit for atleast one of the years in question.

And at any rate, a bowl game produces money, which is needed for budgets, so yeah i am sure they were really wanting to miss even a crappy bowl game.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canes playing this season 9 light of scholly limit, I do believe. At least thats where they started

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canes playing this season 9 light of scholly limit, I do believe. At least thats where they started

Caneman, you would know, what year was it Miami held themselves out of the CCG and a bowl in the same year?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't split the Bowl money evenly in the ACC?

doesnt matter if its split equally or not, its money that would have made the share bigger.

This is something i love about the SEC, they share equally no matter your status or if you made a bowl or not.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season.

What i hate is people want to lower the boom, when a good portion of what is talked about it the ramblings of a person who is a known criminal and not very trustworthy.

Miami self imposed three post season games, one CCG and two bowls and lost revenue from not being in all three.

Now the NCAA has levied its penalties and lets not forget the NCAA did some questionable things to try to get Miami. Dont punish these kids any further for the actions of guys playing in the NFL or sitting in an office somewhere, its not this current group that is to blame.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know USC got screwed over. Not sure why USC fans want everyone else to get screwed too. At least the NCAA has learned they suck and aren't making the same mistake.

Guess misery really does love company

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i hate is people want to lower the boom, when a good portion of what is talked about it the ramblings of a person who is a known criminal and not very trustworthy.

Miami self imposed three post season games, one CCG and two bowls and lost revenue from not being in all three.

Now the NCAA has levied its penalties and lets not forget the NCAA did some questionable things to try to get Miami. Dont punish these kids any further for the actions of guys playing in the NFL or sitting in an office somewhere, its not this current group that is to blame.

If the ncaa didnt botch the investigation, couldve proven much of what a convicted liar allegeed and got the penalties they originally wanted current um players wouldve been given a free pass to transfer