• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins Off-Season Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be your home for all things Dolphins off-season - feel free to post related content

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hoping that they can find a LB and G in FA as those positions aren’t as expensive.
I’d let OV walk due to cap but try to keep Shelby as he’ll be cheaper and I think he’ll continue to get better without the stupid penalties. Restructure Wake as he’s a leader. Pray that Jordan grows up.
Now you can pick BPA tilting the scale to CB or LB in first round as those positions can be difference makers. 2nd round get the position you missed . Then grab more oline depth that could start.
Hopefully some young guys step up like Lippett, McCain and Aikens as that would help the secondary. Heaven forbid a G improves as well.
Oh yeah get rid of all the dead weight so they have some cash to do all of this. Have to wait a year for QB unless later in draft as they have too many needs…maybe Logan Thomas impresses they kept him for some reason?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it comes down to the 3 highly touted LB's which one would you pick? Jack, Ragman or Ramsey? Consider injuries I've heard good arguments for all three.

Or would you prefer CB over LB at the 8th pick? Interesting discussion....

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it comes down to the 3 highly touted LB's which one would you pick? Jack, Ragman or Ramsey? Consider injuries I've heard good arguments for all three.

Or would you prefer CB over LB at the 8th pick? Interesting discussion....

21st against the pass, 28th against the run last season. Really need help and depth across the board. We gave up 31 passing TDs though. I think secondary is our biggest need.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan is a headache and he'll likely be released. I like OV, but his asking price will be too high, I'd rather save for Lamar Miller. OG and LB, as has been mentioned are cheaper FA adds. I think the Dolphins should go with Hargreaves in the draft, then Lawson. Outside of those two, there's really no one else in the first round we should get. Unless Bosa somehow fell that low.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21st against the pass, 28th against the run last season. Really need help and depth across the board. We gave up 31 passing TDs though. I think secondary is our biggest need.
Yeah it's a bit of a toss up I think that they go BPA between LB and CB unless they lose all they're DE.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan is a headache and he'll likely be released. I like OV, but his asking price will be too high, I'd rather save for Lamar Miller. OG and LB, as has been mentioned are cheaper FA adds. I think the Dolphins should go with Hargreaves in the draft, then Lawson. Outside of those two, there's really no one else in the first round we should get. Unless Bosa somehow fell that low.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him but is it really worth paying big bucks for a RB who isn't the greatest in short yardage situations? Sometimes you need to cut your losses....and fill more important positions.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I like the move. Guess I will hold judgement until I know who will be main back this coming year.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just a little bit curious....am I the only one who is a bit confused and/or worried about the moves Miami has made thusfar? I tried to be optimistic earlier, and still try and reserve serious judgement until we see the product of these moves. But I thought about it all, read and reread several different articles including fact sheets on all players involved, even had conversations with a couple of guys that follow sports for a living. My feeling as of right now? Tannebaum, although obviously very bold and aggressive, seems to be setting this franchise up for continued heartache and mediocrity. I found myself seriously hoping that the trade w/Philly WOULD, in fact, get nixed. I believe there is a ton of risk involving both players we got, and dropping down to #13 might mean missing out on one of the biggest playmakers in the draft. Why didn't Miami at least try and sign Lamar/ Vernon LAST season? They could have gotten both players VERY cheap and would not have had to replace them with less adequate options(if not more expensive as well). Yea, I realize we will get some decent compensatory picks. I am probably the most optimistic about Mario, as I believe he will be playing with an enormous chip on his shoulder. But I really don't like the trade, I absolutely hate dropping down to the 13th pick, and um- why the fuck have we not signed ONE of the several very good guards that seem to be dropping like flies? We bring in 2 guys that have serious injury concerns, a 31 yr old DE( albeit a very good one), and have not addressed the offensive line yet? You could seriously make the argument that the very first area that needs addressing IS the offensive line.....yet apparently our front office continues to watch high quality O-linemen get snatched up by the second. Look, I know a few of you guys are gonna try and rip this post to shreds. All I'm saying is, this is NOT the approach I thought our front would be taking this off season. Tannebaum loved trading picks for players when he was in New York, clearly not much has changed with him. Its my belief that good/great teams build through the draft-NOT free agency. I have a sick feeling that these moves( or most of them) will blow up in Miami's face yet again. I really really hope they all work out, but IF they backfire, Miami will find itself in a situation that has become all too familiar. A team that continues to see more value in free agency/ bad trades than simple proper talent evaluation and good drafting. Heres hoping that THIS time, somehow its different. My gut says otherwise.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry I was more worried about picking an injured player at 8 they can now afford to do so at 13 and built some much needed depth.

Bushrod may be good as he can play G and T. Fox couldn't do that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner the better. IMO, he has been a terrible owner

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner the better. IMO, he has been a terrible owner

I don't think Ross is a terrible owner. He has used his own money to renovate the stadium. He has also spent his money to try to improve the team. He's been loyal to people that he has hired by giving them every chance possible to succeed before having to let them go. He has not been effective yet at developing a playoff team but at least he's trying. Maybe this new group of coaches can make a difference. RE the Fins' recent off-season moves: I have read a lot of national negativity but I think it's way to early to know if the team will improve with the new additions.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Ross is a terrible owner. He has used his own money to renovate the stadium. He has also spent his money to try to improve the team. He's been loyal to people that he has hired by giving them every chance possible to succeed before having to let them go. He has not been effective yet at developing a playoff team but at least he's trying. Maybe this new group of coaches can make a difference. RE the Fins' recent off-season moves: I have read a lot of national negativity but I think it's way to early to know if the team will improve with the new additions.

OK, maybe terrible owner was not correct way to state my displeasure with results. How about unsuccessful?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team has been mediocre more than anything else. Locally here in Miami most people seem to have a prove it to me attitude about the team rather than hopeful. It's been a while since the team has made the playoffs so I understand your frustration. I'm hoping the new group of coaches has success so the team can start to have some stability. It's tough to compete with a team like the Pats that's had the same head coach & QB for over a decade. Other AFC East teams are always changing systems and that doesn't make it any easier to compete.

Last edited by a moderator: