• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins - Chicago Bears Game Thread

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF happened? I left to take a piss with us knocking at the door ... come back and the Bears have the ball way down the field?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freaking Philbin

Lazor calls the plays. Passing or running at this point doesnt matter - we have the game on lock

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Philbin 'overrule' some calls late in crunch time last week in GB loss?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win, I'll take it. Team came ready to play a full game this week after that devastating loss to GB last week ... back to .500 with some really tough games coming up.

:suds:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably first game we play a full game and win. And the offense was solid. We have the Jags next - ultimate trap game

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanny wasn't perfect but close. Maybe that will shut some traps for at least a week!

Sturgis may need to go he's completely unreliable. I'd bring in that guy from preseason he was awesome until he hurt his hip.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win for the Dolphins, career day for Tannehill. A couple of observations: Tannehill is quickly becoming a pretty serious threat running the ball for big gains, which might start causing some defensive coordinators to think about designating a defender to 'spy', leaving more space in the passing game. Our line is definitely a work in progress. James got beat at least once that I saw, and we certainly could use an upgrade at guard-which has been a sore spot seemingly all season. Clay might finally be ready to impose his talents on the rest of the league. He's been virtually invisible all season, but made some nice plays today and clearly was causing Chicago's defense some fits. All in all, perhaps the best all-around game Miami has played this season. Sturgis could seriously find himself out of a job if he continues to miss field goals. Ok, as for the 'elephant in the room'....yesssss-I most certainly DID pick Miami to get taken out behind the woodshed in this one. I would always rather this team win regardless of fantasy stats, football pools, side bets, or even just random predictions. Longtime Fin Fans will fully understand why I picked Chicago in this one, and I'm still not sold that this team is finally turning the corner. So I eat crow today, but crow never tastes so good as it does today....especially when this team plays up to their capabilities. Well done Tanny, well done Dolphins. Hopefully, this really will be the start of a long winning streak for Miami. It will be very interesting to see how Coyle implements Dion Jordan going forward. He could possibly make this defense elite....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill was in an absolute zone. Tannehill read the defense well the entire game & hit the open receivers. He also showed his athleticism with his runs. The play calling was right on & the guys were catching nearly every pass. The Fins' RB's & Oline played real well also.When the Fins offense plays like that the team will win more often than not. The Fins' secondary proved they were up for the challenge against a very good offense. Finnegan & Jones were terrific. Grimes was really solid as usual. Wake is a star as we all know. Shelby & other Dlinemen had good games also. I like the Fins chances to get back to a winning record in Jacksonville.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I never expected this outcome. Not saying I didn't think they could have won the game, but was surprised how "easy" it was.

All I can say is they better not waste this victory with a lose next week to J-ville.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to starting w/14 straight completions, #Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill also completed 19 of 21 after three quarters.

Via JamesWalkerESPN on twitter.

This is why I never made anything out of the early inconsistencies of Tannehill and nothing about the so called “calling out” or lack of faith Philbin supposedly expressed a few weeks ago... Tannehill has all the tools its all about him putting it together, and , of course - the guys around him helping him out.

If anyone continues to question him, regardless of how the rest of this season goes, its just pure ignorance.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is they better not waste this victory with a lose next week to J-ville.

As I said on the Jags game thread I created, it is the ultimate trap game - given all our inconsistencies, a loss next week, after a win like we had today - wouldnt surprise me. We have seen it before... And if it does happen that way, its not the end of the world -- this team has time and again shown the ability to bounce back

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have seen it before... And if it does happen that way, its not the end of the world

No, it is not end of world but a sign of another 7-9 or 8-8 season. Schedule gets a lot tougher after next week, can't afford to not get a W next week. How many more 7-9/8-8 seasons can all tolerate. I want the fins to be relevant again, it has almost 15 years since they have been.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it is not end of world but a sign of another 7-9 or 8-8 season. Schedule gets a lot tougher after next week, can't afford to not get a W next week. How many more 7-9/8-8 seasons can all tolerate. I want the fins to be relevant again, it has almost 15 years since they have been.

Thank you psa, you hit it on the head. Miami, other than maybe a couple of seasons, has fielded some pretty good teams over the last 15 seasons. Having said that, they have only been on the north side of .500 what, TWICE?! Games like the Jags coming up next wknd are the type of games that this team NEEDS to win on a consistent basis-something Miami has struggled to do for a very long time. This team has shown the ability to beat almost anyone the past several seasons. They also have shown the ability to lose to almost anyone as well. If somehow they can harness the energy put forth against Chicago week in and week out, who knows how good they might become. Not only should they win next wknd, the game should be over by halftime....seriously. I see it being pretty close all game, with Miami punching it in late. 27-17....

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill give Tannehill where credit is due. he played a really good game. I still wish he would learn to get rid of the ball quicker, he holds it and takes the sack. Most of the sacks were on him, the line was giving him 4-5 seconds.

But to me the biggest issue with yesterdays game is Sturgis. We got rid of Carpenter for him? Its hard to imagine the coaches trusting him for a game winner.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm worried about Sturgis too but if you remember carp was no guarantee either back then. He'd hit a 50 then miss two 40's! Maybe we just need to let the kid settle in. If he fails bring back that potter kid he was money!

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you psa, you hit it on the head. Miami, other than maybe a couple of seasons, has fielded some pretty good teams over the last 15 seasons. Having said that, they have only been on the north side of .500 what, TWICE?! Games like the Jags coming up next wknd are the type of games that this team NEEDS to win on a consistent basis-something Miami has struggled to do for a very long time. This team has shown the ability to beat almost anyone the past several seasons. They also have shown the ability to lose to almost anyone as well. If somehow they can harness the energy put forth against Chicago week in and week out, who knows how good they might become. Not only should they win next wknd, the game should be over by halftime....seriously. I see it being pretty close all game, with Miami punching it in late. 27-17....

I hope the D has numerous blitz packages to go after Bortles all game. That needs to be focus, Jax has very little talent and getting Bortles "hurried" will cause a few turnovers.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the D has numerous blitz packages to go after Bortles all game. That needs to be focus, Jax has very little talent and getting Bortles "hurried" will cause a few turnovers.

If the Fins have been able to hurry some of the QB's with very good passing offenses this year, there's a good chance that the Jags will not have a lot of time to pass the ball either. Bortles likes to run therefore the Fins will have to do a good job of containing him. On another note: Good luck to your Bears against the Pats.