• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins - Chicago Bears Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Coyle is still DC for this game, our season is over

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season is probably over anyway unless they go on a major run. They are simply too inconsistent...hopefully they prove me wrong.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Coyle is still DC for this game, our season is over
I'm starting to fully realize that this season was officially over the SECOND Joe Philbin was invited back for a 3rd season. 5 games into the season, and he's been completely outcoached what.....3 games already? No longer is this team about personnel or Ryan freaking Tannehill. Tannehill played very well today and deserved to win this game....Giving Rogers 2+ minutes to score a touchdown with the game on the line is an absolute joke. A couple of 1st downs would have prevented Green Bays offense from even seeing the field, which is exactly how this game should have ended. But hey, that would mean Miami was actually playing to WIN the game, instead of playing 'not to lose'....and unfortunately, this once proud franchise has no idea how to 'play to win' due to absolutely horribly pathetic coaching. I'm done....I've seen all I need to about this team. This team will not stop being a 'punchline' until they finally bring in a quality head coach. Here's to 6 flippin' wins this season.....MAYBE 7

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers game was a tough loss. I agree with much of the blame going to the coach. That said, the players were a part of the loss also. A few positives: J. Landry had a great game, Tannehill played very well in the second half. The defense played terrific in the first half & kept the Fins in the game until the end. The Special Teams unit played real well. It feels like the chances to have a winning season & possibly getting to the playoffs are over. Is it really though? The Fins are 2-3. The division leading Pats have one less loss than the Fins & the Fins have 11 games still left to play and one of their remaining games will be against the Pats. A win against Chicago & the Fins are back to 500. That's not ideal but the next game is against the Jaguars. The team could be back on track to have a winning record. If it takes the Packers 59 minutes and 57 seconds to beat the Fins then I think the Fins have a chance to beat just about any team. That said, it's time for the Fins to learn how to put teams away late in a game. A better start by the offense could help also. Could you imagine how good the Fins would be if the offense played as well in the first half as they do in the second half of games? More often than not the Fins defense will play well enough to win. This next game will show what type of character that the team has. I'd like to see this team start a winning streak.

Last edited by a moderator:

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers game was a tough loss. I agree with much of the blame going to the coach. That said, the players were a part of the loss also. A few positives: J. Landry had a great game, Tannehill played very well in the second half. The defense played terrific in the first half & kept the Fins in the game until the end. The Special Teams unit played real well. It feels like the chances to have a winning season & possibly getting to the playoffs are over. Is it really though? The Fins are 2-3. The division leading Pats have one less loss than the Fins & the Fins have 11 games still left to play and one of their remaining games will be against the Pats. A win against Chicago & the Fins are back to 500. That's not ideal but the next game is against the Jaguars. The team could be back on track to have a winning record. If it takes the Packers 59 minutes and 57 seconds to beat the Fins then I think the Fins have a chance to beat just about any team. That said, it's time for the Fins to learn how to put teams away late in a game. A better start by the offense could help also. Could you imagine how good the Fins would be if the offense played as well in the first half as they do in the second half of games? More often than not the Fins defense will play well enough to win. This next game will show what type of character that the team has. I'd like to see this team start a winning streak.
You make some really good points, and under normal circumstances I couldn't agree more. Only one thing though Fan-these are the DOLPHINS we are talking about. I mean, I read a really good article by Omar Kelly just a few minutes ago (on phins.com-newswire), and he wrote EXACTLY what almost every true Miami fan realizes deep down......it has become entirely routine for Miami to lose games JUST LIKE THIS. 2 yrs ago, Carpenter (one of the most accurate kickers in the league btw) misses not 1, but TWO freaking field goals that would have given Miami 2 more wins instantly. Last year, our O-line lost us AT LEAST 2 games(probably 3 or 4) late in the game because they couldn't block anyone. You can literally go back through each and every season for the last 15 yrs (or more) and count at least 3-4 games that Miami should have won. EVERY DAMN SEASON.....so, I feel ya when you talk about 'Green Bay needing the entire game to win', and 'Miami can play with anyone'.....but regardless of who this team plays, there's STILL the same problem-we have a head coach/coaching staff that makes braindead decisions with the game on the line. 2+ yrs in, and Joe is STILL talking about how he made a vital mistake managing the clock....REALLY JOE?!!!!! After 2+ yrs, with his damn job on the line( and rightfully so), he's STILL coaching 'not to lose', rather than playing to WIN THE DAMN GAME!!!!! This team is in SUCH dire need of a quality head coach, it truly is pathetic. Tannehill has gotten tons of criticism, I might be his biggest critic as I've said several times I don't believe he's our qb. BUT, who really knows how good/great he might be with a SERIOUS head coach to learn from. Good Lord, he could be 'all world' if he played for the Patriots!! No, Chicago shouldn't be a difficult game for Miami. Either should the Jags. But it still goes back to what continues to plague this team....horribly pathetic coaching. And unfortunately, that is not going to change until the season is over. Chicago in a laugher, 31-17.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we lost Moreno for the season, back to using Thomas i guess.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Miami was sabotaged by its own coach...he waffled on a third down call that may have won the game.

If by its own coach you mean the OC and not Philbin, since the OC is the one actually calling the plays - then yeah - Or the inept DC

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by its own coach you mean the OC and not Philbin, since the OC is the one actually calling the plays - then yeah - Or the inept DC

Paolo all the coaches agreed before the game that they'd be aggressive since giving the ball back to Rogers isn't a good idea. When the call came in from the OC Philbin overruled it and changed the call to a run play. Philbin waffled and fully admitted it. I personally would have rolled Tanny outside so he could either run or throw but Philbin gave up because he was worried that bad things could happen??? Why talk about a game plan and change it during the game???

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all- Bears fan here. I dont know what to make of my team. Theyve been inconsistent, and oddly enough are 0-2 at home. Tough loss for you guys last week...trust me I was pulling for the Dolphins, lol. Its really hard to gauge a matchup with teams that only square off every 4 years. The Bears may have found a spark on defense- the best LB play Iv seen in quite sometime came from backups at all 3 positions. Sure, its one game, but it sure was nice to see these young pups flow to the ball and plug gaps- thats been woefully missing over the last 20 games or so. Should be a close game. GL- and no injuries.

~cheers!

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all- Bears fan here. I dont know what to make of my team. Theyve been inconsistent, and oddly enough are 0-2 at home. Tough loss for you guys last week...trust me I was pulling for the Dolphins, lol. Its really hard to gauge a matchup with teams that only square off every 4 years. The Bears may have found a spark on defense- the best LB play Iv seen in quite sometime came from backups at all 3 positions. Sure, its one game, but it sure was nice to see these young pups flow to the ball and plug gaps- thats been woefully missing over the last 20 games or so. Should be a close game. GL- and no injuries.

~cheers!
Guarenteed to be another coaching blunder(or 3) on Miami's part, the players are already calling out their play callers, and Joe Philbin is yet to truly comprehend the purpose of timeouts and clock management. Chicago in a barn burner, 31-17. Let the beheadings begin....please

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed BLH two inconsistent teams which is frustrating because you know that they're better than that. Whoever can make less mistakes will win this game.

Cards I'm just hoping that Philbin has learned from his past mistakes because you are correct he will be gone if he doesn't. Coyle as well but I'll give him a pass based on the snap count last game...that D did well to hang in there as long as they did. Personnel was simply tired!

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed BLH two inconsistent teams which is frustrating because you know that they're better than that. Whoever can make less mistakes will win this game.

Cards I'm just hoping that Philbin has learned from his past mistakes because you are correct he will be gone if he doesn't. Coyle as well but I'll give him a pass based on the snap count last game...that D did well to hang in there as long as they did. Personnel was simply tired!

I've always loved this saying 'you are what your record says you are'-Bill Parcels....Look, after 2+ seasons, Philbin is 3 games under .500 with Miami. And quite honestly, that's about where I would put him as a head coach in this league-a 'sub .500' head coach. Just take a quick peak at our schedule....I hear a lot of you guys talking about 'if Miami wins, we're 3-3 and got the Jags next week...'-so true. BUT....what if Miami loses? Then we're talking 2-4, even WITH the Jags win(assuming Miami can win that game cough cough), we STILL got Denver, San Diego, Baltimore, N.E.(in sub zero Foxboro btw), Detroit, Buffalo....all very probable losses. Even IF we win 1 of these games(maybe 2), we still got the Jets twice, once in New York(probably a loss). How can even the most loyal Dolphins fan predict more than 7 wins this year? I hope they go on a crazy run, I hope Tannehill 'magically' finally figures it out, I truly hope Philbin finally realizes the many errors of his ways as an NFL coach......personally, I think this team will continue to amaze 1 week only to lay an egg the next. And you're right Fan, this team really can play with anyone when they want to.....which only tells me this is a coaching issue, not a personnel issue. I stand by my initial pre season prediction.....6-10 final record, thanks for flying United. Tannehill would have a 15 million dollar option if Miami chooses to exercise it, so his services will no longer be required in South Florida. Time for a new qb and an entire new coaching staff in Miami. I think Hickey will get another year to prove his worth. Let the fire sale begin.....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guarenteed to be another coaching blunder(or 3) on Miami's part, the players are already calling out their play callers, and Joe Philbin is yet to truly comprehend the purpose of timeouts and clock management. Chicago in a barn burner, 31-17. Let the beheadings begin....please

I REEEAALLLY think you're on too much of an emotional-low from that loss vs GB. And trust me, I've been there. The whole Bears fan base has thought the season was over after every loss this year, lol. However, the only way I really see the Bears putting away Miami handedly is if the team itself feels the same way. Which is entirely impossible, given the fact that historically, a tough loss at home like that followed by a road game can turn to disaster if you don't go in with the right mindset.

But unless the team comes out flat and is demoralized after last week, this should be a close game. It's a game I believe the Bears will win at home. But that being said, every Bears game that the majority here thought this team would win, they've lost (BUF, CAR, GB). And every win, has been a game where the majority gave them no chance (@SF, @NYJ, @ATL). It's been a roller coaster first six weeks, and don't be shocked if the Bears hand you one Sunday.

However, I do think if the Bears offense shows up and puts a full game together, that they should post their first victory at home. In a tight one. I'd say along the lines of 27-21, with the defense making a late stop to seal it. Sometimes in the NFL too, it's a matter of poor timing. The Bears players have been talking all week about how important it is for them to get a win at home this week. I think they find a way to do it.

All of that being said, I think the Phins could definitely pull one out. They have a pretty talented team, and a tough defense. Unfortunately, it sounds like there have been some mistakes made on the coaching side. I don't watch every Dolphins game, so I'm really not sure about all of that.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Chicago and the Fins have not been consistent teams so far this year. This season isn't even half over though so I think either of these teams could improve and have better results in their respective division race. In the Fins' division the Pats have been pulling away due to 3 straight wins. There was a time when the Pats had 2 wins and 2 losses. The Chicago vs Fins game should be a good one. Both teams know the importance of this game. For the Fins there is a big difference between 3 wins and 3 losses and 2 wins with 4 losses.The Bears and the Fins are evenly matched talent wise. They both score about 24 points a game and both give up about 24 points a game. I expect the Fins pass rush to be difficult to deal with as usual plus Shelby is back and he adds quality depth. I expect better play calling from the Fins' coaches. I highly doubt that the Fins players have any letdown in play after the GB loss. From what I've heard they were practicing very well this week. I think the Fins' secondary has a tough matchup. The Bears are a top 10 passing team. The Bears will have to deal with the 6th best rushing offense. The Bears are 10th in the league vs the run so it's strength vs strength in that matchup. As mentioned, I expect a good game.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I REEEAALLLY think you're on too much of an emotional-low from that loss vs GB. And trust me, I've been there. The whole Bears fan base has thought the season was over after every loss this year, lol. However, the only way I really see the Bears putting away Miami handedly is if the team itself feels the same way. Which is entirely impossible, given the fact that historically, a tough loss at home like that followed by a road game can turn to disaster if you don't go in with the right mindset.

But unless the team comes out flat and is demoralized after last week, this should be a close game. It's a game I believe the Bears will win at home. But that being said, every Bears game that the majority here thought this team would win, they've lost (BUF, CAR, GB). And every win, has been a game where the majority gave them no chance (@SF, @NYJ, @ATL). It's been a roller coaster first six weeks, and don't be shocked if the Bears hand you one Sunday.

However, I do think if the Bears offense shows up and puts a full game together, that they should post their first victory at home. In a tight one. I'd say along the lines of 27-21, with the defense making a late stop to seal it. Sometimes in the NFL too, it's a matter of poor timing. The Bears players have been talking all week about how important it is for them to get a win at home this week. I think they find a way to do it.

All of that being said, I think the Phins could definitely pull one out. They have a pretty talented team, and a tough defense. Unfortunately, it sounds like there have been some mistakes made on the coaching side. I don't watch every Dolphins game, so I'm really not sure about all of that.

31-17 SOUNDS like a blow out, but I see it being pretty close the whole way, with the Bears sealing the game w/a late touchdown, maybe 4 minutes left in the game. 10-3 after 1, 17-10 @ the half, 24-17 after 3, 31-17 w/4 minutes left, Miami goes for it on 4th & forever @ mid field and that's the ballgame. But hey, this is just all my opinion. I can see Miami's secondary struggling w/the big Chicago receivers pretty much all day long, as well as their tightends. I can see Chicago running a 'max protect' a lot today, either that or putting in an extra tight end to nullify the pass rush, or at least slow it down. Another slow start by the Fins, another loss.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good start by Tannehill and our offense. Nice to see him trying to get Charles Clay involved - ABOUT FUCKING TIME. Liked the pick by our defense but still think our corners are playing soft. For as good as Grimes was last year - I see too much inconsistency so far from him this season.

Early multiple score lead... Lets see what we do from here

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartline targeted = Penalty... drive stalls.. happens too often.