• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyers Leonard Goes Anti Semitic

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, not much punishment after all. $50K is pocked change, he makes $9.8M. He makes almost 4 times that a week. Is the suspension without pay?

NBA rules did not allow them to fine him more. He got the maximum amount when it comes to being fined and from what I read since he is hurt, the suspension wasn't able to include loss of pay for games he will miss during this time

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is though. That is the real world.

I am a teacher. If I bust out a slur on social media, or worse, in my classroom, I am fired. And I should be.

Bad behavior has consequences.

...and context should be taken into account. A teacher vs a pro athlete have different responsibilities.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and context should be taken into account. A teacher vs a pro athlete have different responsibilities.

Of course.

And I am not suggesting Leonard should be fired.

But, if his employer (in this case the Heat) wanted to release him, that really shouldn’t upset anybody. Let’s not act like he is some type of helpless victim here.

Hopefully Leonard is able to learn and grow from this experience.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if peoples own glass houses werent brittle enough, now we have live feeds to everyones reactions at any time to judge.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he didn't plan on saying it
And the fact that the word is so ready in his lexicon to just pop out unplanned is supposed to make it better than if it were planned?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the fact that the word is so ready in his lexicon to just pop out unplanned is supposed to make it better than if it were planned?
that is definitely a word you just don't pull out of no where.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone getting a consequence for doing or saying something stupid is not cancel culture. It’s life.

Cancel culture in general also involves digging past dirty up someone from years back and using it in current day. I've seen people say stupid shit on social media and get fired or reprimanded. Also, it's starting to extend past simply saying something offensive (like Leonard did) and going as far as to label someone for merely having an opinion that although may not be controversial, differs from the general public which some see as a method for going after one's way of living.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancel culture in general also involves digging past dirty up someone from years back and using it in current day. I've seen people say stupid shit on social media and get fired or reprimanded. Also, it's starting to extend past simply saying something offensive (like Leonard did) and going as far as to label someone for merely having an opinion that although may not be controversial, differs from the general public which some see as a method for going after one's way of living.

I agree that digging up something someone said a long time ago, and often as a kid is pretty ridiculous.

What I am saying is that what is happening to Leonard is not cancel culture. He deserves consequences. He isn’t a kid, he should know better.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he shouldn’t have said it but you don’t end people’s careers for being assholes. If that were the case a hell of a lot of people wouldn’t ever work again.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he shouldn’t have said it but you don’t end people’s careers for being assholes. If that were the case a hell of a lot of people wouldn’t ever work again.

If he does get released by the Thunder (sounds like he will) that doesn’t mean his career is over.

It might be, but in Leonard’s case it isn’t so cut and dry. A super talented player like Harden can afford to be an asshole. Meyers Leonard can’t because he isn’t that good.

Pro sports teams don’t tend to keep replacement level players around if they cause distraction or locker room rifts.

So if Leonard’s career is in fact over, it isn’t just because he is an asshole and he made a mistake. It is because he made a mistake and he isn’t talented enough to be worth taking a chance on.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does get released by the Thunder (sounds like he will) that doesn’t mean his career is over.

It might be, but in Leonard’s case it isn’t so cut and dry. A super talented player like Harden can afford to be an asshole. Meyers Leonard can’t because he isn’t that good.

Pro sports teams don’t tend to keep replacement level players around if they cause distraction or locker room rifts.

So if Leonard’s career is in fact over, it isn’t just because he is an asshole and he made a mistake. It is because he made a mistake and he isn’t talented enough to be worth taking a chance on.
Yup. He wasn't long for the league anyway if he is done.

But things are different with us recording so much of what we say and do, and we have to adapt to the new reality. There will be casualties.