• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyers Leonard Goes Anti Semitic

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the term is very overused. Really doesn’t apply here IMO.
I agree.

and I don't think he is getting "cancelled" as that would mean him being suspended and never playing professional basketball again.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't very thought out by him as far as anti semitic slurs go....considering he plays for a team in a city that has a huge jewish population...not to mention the NBA commissioner is also jewish.

I'm gonna say his days in Miami are now numbered...with sensitivity training definitely in his immediate future...and rightly so.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with what folks are saying re: it being pretty stupid to be saying shit in livestream. I'm still curious re: who he said it to.

As I posted earlier, if it was a friend of his and they say that kind of stuff to each other as part of their trash talk, etc. It's a bit more understandable. Although obviously still stupid to not "tone it down" in a situation like that.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I posted earlier, if it was a friend of his and they say that kind of stuff to each other as part of their trash talk, etc. It's a bit more understandable. Although obviously still stupid to not "tone it down" in a situation like that.
that doesn't make saying it ok

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that doesn't make saying it ok

Didn't say it did. But people, especially guys, who are friends, talk differently and say all kinds of things to each other that aren't "ok" when it's just them. My male friends and I say all kinds of shit when it's just us that we'd never say with our wives around.

If what I mentioned is the case, then it definitely makes it a lot more understandable than if it were some random gamer who had a Jewish sounding name.

I'm not going to call the guy a racist or call for him to lose his job without a little more context.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say it did. But people, especially guys, who are friends, talk differently and say all kinds of things to each other that aren't "ok" when it's just them. My male friends and I say all kinds of shit when it's just us that we'd never say with our wives around.

If what I mentioned is the case, then it definitely makes it a lot more understandable than if it were some random gamer who had a Jewish sounding name.

I'm not going to call the guy a racist or call for him to lose his job without a little more context.
I understand that, but using derogatory words like k*ke should not be tolerated even if it is just with your closest friends.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I presume you also oppose black friends calling each other the n word?
I am not a fan of it, no.

Not at all sure how to correct that though.

Is Leonard Jewish? Were his friends he was playing with Jewish?

you know what, it doesn't actually matter.

he apparently doesn't even know what a k*ke is...he's an ignorant dumbass.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of it, no.

Not at all sure how to correct that though.

Is Leonard Jewish? Were his friends he was playing with Jewish?

you know what, it doesn't actually matter.

he apparently doesn't even know what a k*ke is...he's an ignorant dumbass.
I agree with this but I'm exploring your take that even privately between intimates, certain words must never be used. That seems very thought police-ish to me.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this but I'm exploring your take that even privately between intimates, certain words must never be used. That seems very thought police-ish to me.
there are words that should just not be in the anyone's vocabulary as they are just hateful, racist terms.

do you think a white dude should be allowed to say the n-word when hanging out with his friends?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are words that should just not be in the anyone's vocabulary as they are just hateful, racist terms.

do you think a white dude should be allowed to say the n-word when hanging out with his friends?
It's complex for sure. My opinion is that the group a word refers to are in fact "allowed" to use that word. I'm Jewish, but I'm not uptight about it, so I will often tell Jewish jokes that I would be offended if a non Jewish person told them.

I think like most things, what people do in their private lives is their own responsibility and freedom. But as Meyers Leonard is learning, the rules are different in public.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's complex for sure. My opinion is that the group a word refers to are in fact "allowed" to use that word. I'm Jewish, but I'm not uptight about it, so I will often tell Jewish jokes that I would be offended if a non Jewish person told them.

I think like most things, what people do in their private lives is their own responsibility and freedom. But as Meyers Leonard is learning, the rules are different in public.
from the sounds of it, he heard the word used as an insult somewhere and started using it as his own kind of insult.

calling someone a "k*ke bitch" is never going to be okay in my mind

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the sounds of it, he heard the word used as an insult somewhere and started using it as his own kind of insult.

calling someone a "k*ke bitch" is never going to be okay in my mind
I already agreed with that, we were discussing what friends can say to each other privately.

But if my Jewish cousin called me a k*ke bitch it would be ok with me.