• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree with what Ive said all along....... Wait for the actual facts before jumping the gun and reporting anything. Once McMurphy or any reporter is being paid. They should be held to the Industry Standards. No different than any reporter. Gonna be busy I want to find the article Codaxx read
Um, no. Or maybe yes, but...

I agree with the original clark posts before you went off the deep end and all bat shit crazy again. Your first few posts saying there was problems on both sides and you would wait to pass judgement was correct.

Then all that utter and complete nonsense about McMurphy made you loony for a few days.

Just pump the brakes a bit and wait for the final word. I'll jump up on a soapbox and ask for his head right along side you if that's the conclusion, but not one moment before those final details are out.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it was the Powell police department that revised the report.

"McMurphy’s original report claimed that Smith had been arrested during the October 26, 2015 incident. McMurphy says that a revised version of the report from the Powell Police, released after his original report, indicated that Smith had actually not been arrested.

The terminology used by the Police Department was different in the original report (dated 10/26/2015) and inconsistent with what actually occurred,” Megan Canavan, director of communication for the Powell Police Department, told McMurphy.

Brett McMurphy Clarifies Edits On Original Zach Smith Facebook Story

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no. Or maybe yes, but...

I agree with the original clark posts before you went off the deep end and all bat shit crazy again. Your first few posts saying there was problems on both sides and you would wait to pass judgement was correct.

Then all that utter and complete nonsense about McMurphy made you loony for a few days.

Just pump the brakes a bit and wait for the final word. I'll jump up on a soapbox and ask for his head right along side you if that's the conclusion, but not one moment before those final details are out.
Last I checked I am not related to the McMurphey or OSU the incident. Please try to stay on topic. If you are fishing or not discussing the effect of reporting false news on social media. OR the actual case do not expect a response....

I did find the article I linked it and am going to read it now. It is a bit odd McMurphy chose to go through a different site. Rather than addressing this on his Twitter/Facebook. Where he's editing the story. Would make a lot more sense to make a statement from the source. Especially when he's being questioned

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"McMurphy’s original report claimed that Smith had been arrested during the October 26, 2015 incident. McMurphy says that a revised version of the report from the Powell Police, released after his original report, indicated that Smith had actually not been arrested.

The terminology used by the Police Department was different in the original report (dated 10/26/2015) and inconsistent with what actually occurred,” Megan Canavan, director of communication for the Powell Police Department, told McMurphy.

Cool. All he has to do is post a copy of the arrest report. 11 Warriors has copies of 2 reports. Neither of them indicate he was arrested, so if he has one that indicates that he was, he should produce it and put this to bed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, even if all of that is true, he's doing it on FB not an actual site that has protocols for making corrections.

I get being skeptical, just like I get those wanting to fry Meyer before all of the facts are in and known. It just doesn't make any sense to ask for others to wait for those facts for one, while making wild claims about the other before his chance to be heard.

If this is something more than just not having a good way to correct mistakes of the record you can bank on OSU's team calling every single bit of it out for him to answer to. He won't get away with anything. If there's something for him to actually get away with in the first place.

I never said anything about not waiting, that’s what you arent getting. Everyone is frying. I simply pointing out McMurpjy lied too. When you change a post 5 times that is blantant. I am simply stating facts that most dont think it is a big deal. Well it could save Urban his job bc the report was wrong and he was responded to the report at B1G Media Day. It is a huge deal

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked I am not related to the McMurphey or OSU the incident. Please try to stay on topic. If you are fishing or not discussing the effect of reporting false news on social media. OR the actual case do not expect a response....

I did find the article I linked it and am going to read it now. It is a bit odd McMurphy chose to go through a different site. Rather than addressing this on his Twitter/Facebook. Where he's editing the story. Would make a lot more sense to make a statement from the source. Especially when he's being questioned

Are you actually high right now?

You said you agreed with me, or more that I'm agreeing with you and I clarified it.

You have literally spent the last 20 pages going on and on and ON AND FUCKING ON about McMurphy... and now say that isn't on topic when someone responds to you about it.
:rofl:

Pass that shit man, stop bogarting it.
:doobs:

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what that means? Well, it could mean a number of things. But it is not out of the question that an arrest was warranted by the circumstances, but was quashed by someone who didn't want to harm the young man's life (or Ohio State Football).

Or it could mean that the Powell Police Department doesn't know how to fill out paperwork.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does getting paid have to do with anything?

On a related not, who the hell was paying Brett McMurphy?
Once money is involved it becomes a job. Journalists are held accountable for the credibility of their information. Money changes the entire dynamic

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's still on that BS despite me already posting a link explaining he's still under contract from ESPN and actually getting paid not to report. Deadspin has an article on it. Basically when ESPN did their big round of layoffs last year they picked several that had big long contracts in hopes they would find employment elsewhere and thus let them out of those contracts. McMurphy hasn't found one that is better than sticking to what's left on this one so he's staying indy. Under those terms he isn't even allowed to post to alternative sites or 3rd party tools. He is ONLY allowed to post to places he already had established before the layoff which leaves just Facebook and Twitter.

He has a job lined up when that contract runs out. I would presume it pays less otherwise why wouldn't he already be there?

In any event, he wasn't 'paid' for this story, but as he said if you aren't meeting people face to face and keeping your name out there you are dying in that business. So in that sense he's keeping his name relevant, even if he spent his own money on travel for interviews and whatnot.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once money is involved it becomes a job. Journalists are held accountable for the credibility of their information. Money changes the entire dynamic
He asked you how exactly he was paid for this. You have no clue despite being given a simple link to it. Otherwise you'd have stopped some of this nonsense long ago.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what that means? Well, it could mean a number of things. But it is not out of the question that an arrest was warranted by the circumstances, but was quashed by someone who didn't want to harm the young man's life (or Ohio State Football).

Or it could mean that the Powell Police Department doesn't know how to fill out paperwork.

Yup. I did it in the military. Subordinates were released to me under my supervision and the expectation that they'd be disciplined internally. That is after they'd been cuffed, stuffed in a cop car, and taken to the cop shop.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet they are glad they arent paying him lolzzz

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DV is an automatic arrest with an OOP attached. Neither party has a choice once a call is made and the police arrive. The only way to have the charges dropped. Is if both parties agree during prosecution. And even that is iffy. The law doesn’t take chances with DV.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they are glad they arent paying him lolzzz
Its already been made public McMurphey was paid. The retraction is iffy at best it’s not even directly linked to McMurphy. Which is why I hadn’t seen it. It’s linked to SPUN which means clicks. This draft s getting kinda old now hopefully this leads to social media reporters. Being held to the same accountability that standard journalists are held in the near future.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DV is an automatic arrest with an OOP attached. Neither party has a choice once a call is made and the police arrive. The only way to have the charges dropped. Is if both parties agree during prosecution. And even that is iffy. The law doesn’t take chances with DV.
Having lived my life only peripherally connected to domestic violence, I confess that I am woefully ignorant of the laws. However, this idea of "mandatory arrest" is compelling. I found this article describing possible negative effects of mandatory arrest on domestic violence victims.

Do Mandatory Arrest Laws Hurt Domestic Violence Victims?

While that is a topic for a different discussion, this opening paragraph raises some interesting questions (added emphasis is mine):

Twenty-two states throughout the United States have laws that require mandatory arrests when police officers respond to calls of domestic abuse. Ohio is one of these 22 states. Ohio law provides for a preferred arrest policy when there are “reasonable grounds” to believe domestic violence has occurred. When there is probable cause to arrest, however, Ohio requires mandatory arrest in a domestic violence situation.

So ... why was Zach Smith not arrested in October 2015?

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I find for the Mandatory Arrest law in Ohio:

Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2935.032(A)(1)(a);Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2935.03 (A)(1)(a)(ii)

An officer shall arrest if there are reasonable grounds to believe that a person knowingly caused physical harm to another or another’s unborn or knowingly caused or attempted to cause physical harm with a deadly weapon unless there are mutual accusations, in which case there is a policy of determination of primary aggressor.

So again I ask - why wasn't Zach Smith arrested in October 2015?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having lived my life only peripherally connected to domestic violence, I confess that I am woefully ignorant of the laws. However, this idea of "mandatory arrest" is compelling. I found this article describing possible negative effects of mandatory arrest on domestic violence victims.

Do Mandatory Arrest Laws Hurt Domestic Violence Victims?

While that is a topic for a different discussion, this opening paragraph raises some interesting questions (added emphasis is mine):

So ... why was Zach Smith not arrested in October 2015?
I was incorrect. I carelessly cited the way the DV laws work in the stated I live in. Without doing all the proper research. first

See ow easy that is?And I'm not even a paid journalist

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I find for the Mandatory Arrest law in Ohio:

Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2935.032(A)(1)(a);Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2935.03 (A)(1)(a)(ii)

An officer shall arrest if there are reasonable grounds to believe that a person knowingly caused physical harm to another or another’s unborn or knowingly caused or attempted to cause physical harm with a deadly weapon unless there are mutual accusations, in which case there is a policy of determination of primary aggressor.

So again I ask - why wasn't Zach Smith arrested in October 2015?
I assume that too will come out with the findings. All we have from the initial report was whatever she was claiming was reported at a time when Zack wasn't there. He was told to fly back to speak to police. I have not read anywhere what the claim was.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume that too will come out with the findings.
You have more faith in the investigation than I do. At least they committed (a maximum of) 3 more days to investigate this than they did tatoo gate. And remember what that investigation missed? The email that proved Tressell knew about the players actions despite having filed paperwork with the NCAA saying he didn't.

But hey - let's get this done before opening day. We wouldn't want it to adversely affect football.