• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do get that we've seen you continue this same paragraph many times and it still doesn't change that this is just your opinion and not a statement of fact right? I haven't seen people jumping to your defense on again, what is a trivial aspect of this whole thing.

The investigation was triggered by McMurphy's article and the questions raised. It is not any type of established fact Meyer would have been placed on leave during it without his alarming performance at media days. Do we need to get ALL of the headlines from around the entire country from that time? That story wouldn't have been a fraction of what it was without all that unnecessary extra level he alone gave it.
LMAO perfect place to get entirely honest reporting that in no way, shape, or form would be written to attract headlines/get clicks.

:rolleyes2:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO perfect place to get entirely honest reporting that in no way, shape, or form would be written to attract headlines/get clicks.

:rolleyes2:
You didn't get your coffee this morning did you? :L

That wasn't even in the same zip code as the point.

Read it again ffs. I said nothing about the validity of headlines across the country. Not one fucking word.

I said those headlines and the storm that came with them was the pressure that put him on leave. Do you not get the very big difference there? :burt:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't get your coffee this morning did you? :L

That wasn't even in the same zip code as the point.

Read it again ffs. I said nothing about the validity of headlines across the country. Not one fucking word.

I said those headlines and the storm that came with them was the pressure that put him on leave. Do you not get the very big difference there? :burt:
Are you sitting here making a big deal because we have different opinions on what got Urban put on paid administrative leave? Is this what we've devolved to now?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chief says there are multiple reports.

He's not releasing any of them.

There are two public ones, neither of which says arrest.

No public reports say arrest, and all other reports are not being released.

Until somebody produces a third report, his statement is suspect at best.

Snook hasn’t produced anything, yet you are talking about him as if it is the truth.

Is that not a double standard?

You argued Snook wouldn’t lie because he’d never work again. But McMurphy does the exact same thing and you’ve called him a liar the entire time.

This is why I’ve continued to tell you to let it play out because you cannot look at this without being biased and understandly so — you love OSU.

Wait for the investigation to be done — about the only truth we have in this whole story is — If Urban reported it all as he said, he should be fine. If he didn’t, he will be in trouble. Everything else is speculation.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think it was probably both? Because of the McMurphy, he probably is thinking it's the best interest of expedition for him to take leave. Pretty logical.
I have no idea — I’d think if he was forced to take a leave, he’d say OSU put me on paid leave. Urban’s statement didn’t say that. So like everything else in this fiasco — it is speculation.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snook hasn’t produced anything, yet you are talking about him as if it is the truth.

You argued Snook wouldn’t lie because he’d never work again. But McMurphy does the exact same thing and you’ve called him a liar the entire time.
This is all false

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea — I’d think if he was forced to take a leave, he’d say OSU put me on paid leave. Urban’s statement didn’t say that. So like everything else in this fiasco — it is speculation.
Nah, I bet I'm right

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sitting here making a big deal because we have different opinions on what got Urban put on paid administrative leave? Is this what we've devolved to now?
Wait, I'm the one making a big deal? :pound: Check your posts again my friend.

And it isn't just me. I didn't start this convo. You were having it with TF12 and others before I agreed with them.

The truth is you are once again in full defense mode circling the wagons of the notion he was suspended directly due to McMurphy. Why? Because it puts more blame on the reporter and entirely absolves Meyer of doing anything at all to lead to his own paid leave. At least it sure looks like that's what you are doing.

Carry on.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMurphy has proven to publish things that aren't true so far. He's had to edit his report twice to remove false information. I'm not saying he lied for sure, but so far Snook isn't the one that's had to retract statements.

I've never said Snook's insight on Herman is accurate. In fact, I've said in this thread a couple of times that he needs to come out with it already. In his last story, he said Herman's connection will come out when OSU is done with their investigation, whatever that means.

The fact that they're still investigating when this was initially just a matter of making sure Urban reported something leads me to believe they're probably finding more than they had initially thought they would. Not sure how it affects things, as Meyer should be fine as long as he reported everything, but still pretty interesting.
Tbf I haven't seen snook begging random people on twitter asking for a story. Without bothering to check his sources...Atm Snook has earned more credibility than McMurphy based on their actions not on their alumni.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tbf I haven't seen snook begging random people on twitter asking for a story. Without bothering to check his sources...Atm snook has earned more credibility than McMurphy based on their actions not on their alumni.

Since you're a staff member now can you get me discounted SportsHoopla t-shirt?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I'm the one making a big deal? :pound: Check your posts again my friend.

And it isn't just me. I didn't start this convo. You were having it with TF12 and others before I agreed with them.

The truth is you are once again in full defense mode circling the wagons of the notion he was suspended directly due to McMurphy. Why? Because it puts more blame on the reporter and entirely absolves Meyer of doing anything at all to lead to his own paid leave. At least it sure looks like that's what you are doing.

Carry on.
I'm not "blaming" anyone for his paid leave. It's a sequence of events that makes complete sense. The report came out, it said his coach was beating his wife and Urban looked away, so while they investigate the matter, he should be on leave. That is a 100% logical explanation, yet you buck me on it why?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why I’ve continued to tell you to let it play out because you cannot look at this without being biased and understandly so — you love OSU.

Wait for the investigation to be done — about the only truth we have in this whole story is — If Urban reported it all as he said, he should be fine. If he didn’t, he will be in trouble. Everything else is speculation.
You can’t take anything on Social as fact. If we are comparing McMurphy and Snook.
Both went to OSU but I really don’t care about college here. That’s just an excuse because one wants to believe imo

Snook has been very well written and consistent. He has provided a lot of great insight that makes a lot of sense. Regarding how this incident has progresssd and been handled by the media. Acknowledged what he claims as fact from opinion as he writes. And has not edited or changed his story. He’s even discussed his texts with Michelle Herman. And been very professional throughout.

McMurphy has been careless throughout this process. Put out false claims and information that received shock value. Instead of retracting he just edits as a safety blanket. Hell just last night he was begging a random twitter conspiracy theorist for a story. Without even taking the time to look into the credibility of the “source”. It’s pretty bad when a journalist doesn’t check out his sources. To beg twice within an hour without checking out that source within that time. Is even worse.

Until the investigative report comes out. All we have are people who want to believe the story for insert reason. And will argue based on McMurphy, ESPN etc ... And people who want to see the facts to come out with the report. Rather than taking the word of a “journalist” using social as a factual format. Especially given the nature of social and the political climate it thrives on.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We’ve attacked each day and forged together as a team”
-Ryan Day

Poor choice of words or no? Attacked? Lol

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We’ve attacked each day and forged together as a team”
-Ryan Day

Poor choice of words or no? Attacked? Lol

I wonder when the word "the" will become an offensive word in the American lexicon

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder when the word "the" will become an offensive word in the American lexicon
I wonder when people will realize ESPN needs to pay more attention to sports. And less attention to pushing their political agendas :L :dhd:

It was reported on Social media seems legit :L

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all false

Explain to me what is false? I’m guessing you’ve responded to so many people on this, you aren’t even sure what you’ve said anymore.

But to me — you have said the arrest report is a lie, because McMurphy would post the report if he had it. Yet, you talk about Snook’s report that Herman is the tipster as truth and Snook hasn’t provided any facts or sources.
So why is it truth if Snook won’t post the facts, but it is a lie if McMurphy won’t post the report?

Then you say McMurphy is biased and out to get OSU because of something 7 years ago. Yet the guy who built a career writing books about OSU and literally had Urban Meyer write the forward in one of the books is not biased.

Does that make sense? I’d bet if you put up a poll — not a single person, outside of serious OSU homer, would say that makes sense.

Thankfully — they just announced it’d be completed by Sunday. Guess the president of the university wasn’t being kept in the loop :L

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me what is false? I’m guessing you’ve responded to so many people on this, you aren’t even sure what you’ve said anymore.

But to me — you have said the arrest report is a lie, because McMurphy would post the report if he had it. Yet, you talk about Snook’s report that Herman is the tipster as truth and Snook hasn’t provided any facts or sources.
So why is it truth if Snook won’t post the facts, but it is a lie if McMurphy won’t post the report?

Then you say McMurphy is biased and out to get OSU because of something 7 years ago. Yet the guy who built a career writing books about OSU and literally had Urban Meyer write the forward in one of the books is not biased.

Does that make sense? I’d bet if you put up a poll — not a single person, outside of serious OSU homer, would say that makes sense.

Thankfully — they just announced it’d be completed by Sunday. Guess the president of the university wasn’t being kept in the loop :L
I literally just told you that I thought it was suspect. I've said multiple times that I think he was either mistaken on what he saw or that he was given bad information and didn't do the right thing and follow up to confirm. I'm done talking to you on this. Go troll elsewhere.